Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman has phobia of all things yellow

Still Waters

A traumatised mother has been left with a phobia of all things yellow after she was hit by a canary-coloured taxi.

Lorraine Cobourn cannot even handle bananas following the incident that left her with a broken hip

http://www.dailymail...-broke-hip.html

• Like 1

How sad! She would be afraid of your avatar then Still Waters :lol:

Poor woman! I can see where having a traumatic event like that might spur some sort of PTSD symptoms and the yellow from the taxi that hit her is probably a trigger to that anxiety and panic.

• Like 4

She would fear yours too lady Ra.. :P

HAHAHAHAAAAAA omg you're right! I guess she would! Fear me...I'm yellow! Too funny in real life I'm a brunette :P
  • Like 4

How sad! She would be afraid of your avatar then Still Waters :lol:

:D I didn't think of that. I was imagining what it must be like to be scared of bananas!

• Like 3

Green Lantern syndrome.

• Like 2

Green Lantern syndrome.

Wow Red Squirrel I didn't understand your post (although I did see the movie and forgot) and you are SO RIGHT!!! Look at the first thing that popped up for me on google "Green Lantern Phobia"
Fear is an emotional concept born of The White Light of creation, and is represented by the color yellow. Fear is defined as "a feeling of becoming afraid, or in reverence of". The Emotional Embodiment of this aspect of the spectrum is the Parallax Entity. The Sinestro Corps wields this light. Those using the yellow light of fear have the ability to instill great fear into others, under Sinestro's ideology of forging a reverence for him and the Green Lantern Corps that will bring order to the Universe.

Very cool :tu:

• Like 1

Sounds to me like this woman has far deeper issues that merely accentuated her stress. Such a phobia should seem like an massive over-reaction otherwise.

• Like 2

She needs to come to London, home of black taxis! Problem solved.

• Like 1

Notice the last line coming from her lawyer. She's looking for some money. they should make sure the defense attorney is wearing a yellow suit everyday.

• Like 2

A traumatised mother has been left with a phobia of all things yellow after she was hit by a canary-coloured taxi.

Lorraine Cobourn cannot even handle bananas following the incident that left her with a broken hip

http://www.dailymail...-broke-hip.html

At least her teeth will be clean, I cannot stand women with bad breath.

Imagine what a coward you would look like running from baby chicks on Easter.

Sounds to me like this woman has far deeper issues that merely accentuated her stress. Such a phobia should seem like an massive over-reaction otherwise.

phobias can very easily come about due to trauma, and she went through a traumatic experience. and they are not rational things. i have panic attacks when i step inside cars.

Still not as funny as anatidaephobia.duck-300x277.jpg

Edited by Foil Hat Ninja
  • Like 1

Patients experiencing chronic pain can exhibit the classic one-trial learning process associated with the originating trauma. The power of color association is indeed powerful when one considers the many people who experience fear associated with "white coats" in medical settings.

Edited by highdesert50
  • Like 1

It sounds like she needs to get some counseling to help her get over this fear.

• Like 1

Green Lantern syndrome.

"In brightest day,

in blackest night,

remove that lemon,

from my sight!"

I've oddly known two people who had paralyzing fear of all white food. Yogurt, popcorn, cauliflower, potatoes, milk, anything white. It's not like it was an eating disorder or they were watching their weight by avoiding white food (ya, some people do that as a diet) They were genuinely terrified that white food was going to kill them. Just weird.

Edited by MissMelsWell

"I also gasp or sigh if I see a yellow taxi when I am out. I’m terrified of them, and if I saw a yellow taxi on the street I would feel this urge just to drive into it."

what a sociopath.....

• Like 1

Yellow is one of the most common colors, too. Poor lady. :no:

"I also gasp or sigh if I see a yellow taxi when I am out. I'm terrified of them, and if I saw a yellow taxi on the street I would feel this urge just to drive into it."

what a sociopath.....

that is not what sociopath means.

• Like 1