Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 5
FlynnAtriedes

Hearing your name called

54 posts in this topic

This has happened to me twice, actually. Each time it happens it's briefly before I experience some type of trauma. First time was before my grandmother died in high school and the second time was before I experienced a bad PTSD episode sophomore year in college before I (long story short) dropped out. 

Both times, it (the voice) never scared me. I distinctly identified it as a males voice, knew the area of the room it was coming from and sounded very calming and comforting. Each time I knew it was the same voice. 

Of course I didn't put two and two together until the second time. Now I'm worried the "heads up" will change now that I've figured it out...

When someone is going to pass away I hear my mothers voice call my name before I wake. My mother is still with us so at first I was creeped out. The louder I hear her voice the closer the person who will passed away is to me and the further the voice the further they are to me. It's more of a whisper but I've had this voice yell extremely loud once that scared the crap out of me. A few days ago I heard this voice again and I knew someone was passing away and it happened. I know I'm not the only one out there that hears this and glad to see there's others. 

1 person likes this

Hello. I've been reading some of your posts, quite interesting. I have experienced, while asleep and not in a dream  story-such as in between dreams or such, a calm usually female voice call my name, or said,"Dad" in another voice, or as last night "right now" the voice said. One time it showed me letters and I instantly knew what they stood for although not seeing them before...once it was a blurry candelabra incandescent beautiful light pink color with the sence of pure PEACE . Some times I can identify the voice (usually always someone living). It happens maybe once or twice a month. It concerns? me but doesn't scare me. I usually always wake up when this happens. Never do I hear or see "this" when I am awake. 

1 person likes this

On 11/23/2017 at 10:42 PM, Ithappenedirl said:

I think this is normal. People interpret things they hear as familiar sounds all the time. Especially their name. I have a background in psychology so from what I learned it makes more sense and likely isn't due to a paranormal cause.

And I'm sure it's mass hysteria when it's recorded where you clearly hear it too. So If I called out your name from behind a fence then it's your psychological issue. Sorry but what you are doing is called being an arch chair psychologist. Regardless of your background, you are not doing an official psychological examination. The cause is technically unknown and your making conjecture.