Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fear of spiders became part of our DNA

Still Waters

GET OUT! :P

But... but... I'm ugly too!
  • Like 1

But... but... I'm ugly too!

That's because you have a dirty great spider stuck to your face..:P

• Like 1

That's because you have a dirty great spider stuck to your face.. :P

Naw, that improved my looks... went from "vomit on sight" to "cringe on sight".
  • Like 1

A fear of anything that can harm or kill us makes perfect sense (spiders, snakes, heights) , but the fear of clowns is a little more puzzling to me.

• Like 2

The brown recluse I spoke of earlier...after they *bite* you the skin turns like black and brown and dies. I was in the ER once getting my back checked out and a guy came in and had one of the bites. It was horrible. Apparently the doctors have to remove the entire chunks of skin and then you're left with a hole where the bite was...that is terrifying! :passifier: I always check my shoes before I put them on because I heard once the little buggers like to hide in your shoes! :o no no no no no :no: Okay no more spider talk for me now. I'm getting the heebie jeebies. :unsure2::cry:

She-ra I can totally relate! I always check my shoes, and give my clothes a shake before putting them on for fear of getting bitten by them. My husband thinks I'm a little crazy, but I don't care. As a child, I was bitten by a brown recluse once, and it wasn't fun.

• Like 1

I think I'm broken. Not afraid of spiders, snakes or lizards.

TERRIFIED of moths, butterflies and caterpillars. Screaming hiding in closest shaking scared.

Nibs

• Like 1

Awe Nibs...not broken...just scared of different things mjny44.jpg

And KariW I get it! My husband think I'm a loon most of the time anyways...shaking out the shoes is just one minor example :P Just kidding...but he does *shake his head* at me a lot :lol:

PS: had to edit to add. I hope I'm not prying but where did you get your spider bite? What happened. Or, you can PM me. I was bit while cleaning out some palm trees in Freeport years ago. I went to the ER (a story unto itself going to an ER in a 3rd world country) and they said it must have been a black widow<--the one with the red mark on the back. I can PM you the details. Not something I should share out here in the open :lol:

Edited by She-ra

Is it just me, or is this same news reported like every 3 months? I feel like I've heard this 12 times before.

Not trying to dismiss the topic/discussion, this just feels like deja vu.

Edited by powerplant

Scientist are the same ones that say man is not born with any instincts and that everything is learned. LOL They slay me. rofl.

Small things amuse small minds.

Well I'm pretty sure *some* males are fearful too. :mellow:

2vnndld.jpg

yes? no? I'd run screaming and never return to this house - EVER! :passifier:

That picture rocks!

• Like 1