Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

CERN Hadron collider restarts after two-year

Still Waters

The world's biggest particle collider was back in operation Sunday after a two-year upgrade, the European Organisation for Nuclear Research (CERN) said.

As part of the recommissioning process, engineers at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) successfully introduced two proton beams, the source material for sub-atomic smashups.

All systems would be checked over coming days before the energy of the beams was increased, CERN said in a statement.

https://uk.news.yaho...86.html#hPi8koT

This is great news!

I am still alive. What about you guys ?

dumb , great way to eliminate all life on earth understand the Universe

Fixed that for you.

• Like 5

That explains the interdimentional rift in my kitchen this morning. I thought it had something to do with the three-week-old mac and cheese in my fridge.

moron scientists !

moron scientists !

You've got something in common and it's probably not the science part.
  • Like 4

moron scientists !

Why do you think that scientists are morons ? Do you honestly think that they would do something that could concievable result in their own deaths ?

I think that sometimes you should try to inform youself about a subject, before making your conclusions.

So please do a little research into what the LHC really does and then get back and tell us excatly why you think it is dangerous,*

You can start here if you wan't to: http://press.web.cern.ch/backgrounders/safety-lhc

*) I know that you won't actually do this, but I hope that other, more reasonable people, will look at that link. :tu:

• Like 8

Smash atoms ?..why don't they save themselves a lot of time and trouble and just use a hammer.

• Like 1

oh its ok there will be no black hole hears a joke to explain things a atom and atom ran at each other while telling jokes so just before they broke they started creaking up, and as for the creaking up its just natural that it splits some, so what happens when atoms split... (i never said that it was going to be a funny joke all i'm saying that if they smash in to each other they will probably just (in slo' mo) start to crack than split than go boom)

Smash atoms ?..why don't they save themselves a lot of time and trouble and just use a hammer.

You might say that the LHC actually is a very focused hammer. :tu:

• Like 2

Woohoo finally. Hope they will discover lots of fancy things :-D

More like a pick axe I'm afraid. And the point would have to be very, well, pointy. Otherwise it wouldn't be able to deliver the force across a very small area to smash atoms. Much easer to use plasma beams instead, especially seeing as they don't blunt.

Edited by RabidMongoose

I'm hoping evidence is found for higher dimensions. That would help explain a lot of phenomenon, and maybe VRIs too. :)

dumb , great way to eliminate all life on earth

moron scientists !

Facepalm_stick_figure.jpg

• Like 6

Uhh portal to other dimensions ? Even more space that humans can go f... up..... :P

moron scientists !

to quote the great walt kelly

"it's interesting to know that the confidence of ignorance has not died out"