Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Japan's defense minister comments on UFOs

Gen Nakatani responded to questions about the UFO phenomena during a meeting last week.

The defense minister maintained that Japan's airspace had never been breached by visitors from space but insisted that the country's warplanes would be ready to scramble on a moment's notice to intercept any would-be invaders.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...omments-on-ufos

• Like 1

Well, as Godzilla came from the sea I suppose he is factually correct.

• Like 5

At least the Japanese Government will send fighters to intercept whatever it is. Maybe they don't want to take any chances after 911.

Terrorist could acquire a jet or single engine plane and deactivate the Transponder so it won't send a signal where radar operators

couldn't Identify the craft on their scopes.

• Like 1

My only thought here, and I don't really care because I don't believe that it will happen, is that if a species can traverse the depths of space they are unlikely to be troubled by a few Mach 2 fighters. So if they come - and I don't believe they will - let us hope that it is in peace.

• Like 2

It is good to know that they're willing to put down stuff that enters their airspace. I'd hope that they try to figure out what it is, first.

So, here again we see how Ego is dominate, and the status quo of a government perception of "Control" at the fore.

Meanwhile, the last statement is all too telling.

So, here again we see how Ego is dominate, and the status quo of a government perception of "Control" at the fore.

Not quite sure what you mean. You think that a nation shouldn't bring down unknown aircraft that enter its airspace?

• Like 1

What are you blathering on about?

• Like 5

He is not taking his job as defense minister seriously!

:D

• Like 2

Well, as Godzilla came from the sea I suppose he is factually correct.

What about Mothra, Gamera and Rodan?
  • Like 1

They sometimes find birds and gigantic Kaiju flying Hello Kitties.

Edited by ancient astronaut
  • Like 3

Isn't this really not going to change anything? The UFO conspiracy guys are still going to say the defense minister is lying, and the skeptics are still not going to be able to prove he is Not lying. And the dance continues.

• Like 3

The defense minister maintained that Japan's airspace had never been breached by visitors from space but insisted that the country's warplanes would be ready to scramble on a moment's notice to intercept any would-be invaders.

As Border Collie mentioned above also, truly, if aliens from another planet arrive on Earth we should pray that they want peace because we won't stand a chance.

Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to watch some great Science Fiction like: Independence Day and The Day the Earth Stood Still (both versions).

If they can get here, I think that those movies might well depict their capabilities.

:alien:

• Like 2

"...But the statement, formally endorsed at a Cabinet meeting, prompted a surprise rebuttal from the top government spokesman. “Personally, I absolutely believe they exist,” said Nobutaka Machimura, chief cabinet secretary at the time."

Now there's a man with guts.

My only thought here, and I don't really care because I don't believe that it will happen, is that if a species can traverse the depths of space they are unlikely to be troubled by a few Mach 2 fighters. So if they come - and I don't believe they will - let us hope that it is in peace.

Just because they can traverse space doesn't mean that they are untroubled by Mach 2 fighters. They may lack any sort of military technology whatsoever.

• Like 1

Just because they can traverse space doesn't mean that they are untroubled by Mach 2 fighters. They may lack any sort of military technology whatsoever.

It's unlikely that anything that can defend itself from space debris impact ranging from dust at close-to-lightspeed or giant meteors at normal propulsion speed (whatever that is), would be too troubled by a direct hit from a chemically powered missile.

What about Mothra, Gamera and Rodan?

Gamera is a friend to children.

• Like 1

At least the Japanese Government will send fighters to intercept whatever it is. Maybe they don't want to take any chances after 911.

Terrorist could acquire a jet or single engine plane and deactivate the Transponder so it won't send a signal where radar operators

couldn't Identify the craft on their scopes.

I bet Japan does not send fighters after UAP either.

It's unlikely that anything that can defend itself from space debris impact ranging from dust at close-to-lightspeed or giant meteors at normal propulsion speed (whatever that is), would be too troubled by a direct hit from a chemically powered missile.

Unlikely, but not impossible. And who's to say these visitors have ever needed to defend themselves from space debris, perhaps their planet was never visited by comets or asteroids and perhaps their method of travel doesn't interact with physical obstacles.

Again, the universe is a big place. Space travel doesn't always mean advanced military technology or the skill to fight effectively.

• Like 1

Again, the universe is a big place. Space travel doesn't always mean advanced military technology or the skill to fight effectively.

Space travel does mean the ability to defend yourself from the environment, and that does include impacts. Nor does the lack of military technology or the skill to fight translate into harmless.

Edited by aquatus1
  • Like 2

Space travel does mean the ability to defend yourself from the environment, and that does include impacts.

Conventional as-we-understand-it space travel, you mean.

• Like 2

So I am guessing the UFO orientated people do not count this as "disclosure"?????

Even though that is exactly what it is. And tells us what we already know.

Kinda hard to space travel without space. If you are avoiding space, it isn't really space travel.

• Like 2

Does another type actually exist????

When it comes to alien technology anybody's argument may or may not be right. There can only be an infinite number of possibilities as to what kind of technology exists.

• Like 1

Kinda hard to space travel without space. If you are avoiding space, it isn't really space travel.

As an example...ugh I can't believe I have to argue this...how about folding space? No "movement" whatsoever, they "move" from one point to the other without "moving".

EDIT: now that I read that...nevermind. I'm still right even if it sounds silly.

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
  • Like 1