Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pareidolia

Aftermath

"its not a real alien" Just had to show your butt right?

So you're saying every picture of paranormal has to be photoshopped? And everyone knows how to use it? You give mankind too much credit!

Show my butt? Why do you think I used a smiley? And I havent said, at all, that every paranormal image is photoshopped, and I certainly never said everyone knows how to to use it either

It took me ages to 'see' the girl in that old photo. At first all I could see was something like cloth hanging down, but once I saw the image I now can't see anything else. That's the thing with the brain, once you register an image as one particular thing, it is hard to see anything else afterwards.

"Don't go into the light Carol Anne!"

• Like 1

Photoshop cons the gullible yet again...

11703_10153012728239584_6686073788820423432_n.jpg?oh=bac4c7899f1ef3f70dc547bf9ec59ed0&oe=5598438C

I LOVE IT Imaginarynumber1. It looks to be the exact picture they used to photoshop in this one. Great find :tu: thank you :)

• Like 1

I LOVE IT Imaginarynumber1. It looks to be the exact picture they used to photoshop in this one. Great find :tu: thank you :)

Right click on OP picture, search google for this image, mystery solved. ;)

• Like 3

Right click on OP picture, search google for this image, mystery solved. ;)

You're so smart :yes: Good job!!
  • Like 1

What I love is this quote from the linked article:

When Anastassia later asked her parents about the photo, which was taken in their home, they said they'd never seen the child before and confirmed that she was definitely a ghost.

Never seen the child? I'm OK with that. Confirmed that she was a ghost? Ummmm, huh?!?

• Like 1

"its not a real alien" Just had to show your butt right?

So you're saying every picture of paranormal has to be photoshopped? And everyone knows how to use it? You give mankind too much credit!

Or too little... fldinosaur, like to pop back in and make any additional comments? (refer previous page for complete debunking)

:D

And not every picture has to be 'photoshopped', nor did anyone claim that. But THIS ONE, like oh so many others, WAS.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
I ask, she was 4 but how long ago was this made? If longer than 25 years then it couldn't have been "Photoshopped".

Can you not Photoshop an old picture after you've digitised it? Some of the fakes I've seen online have been old pics scanned in and then altered to put a ghost in. Some have also been new pics altered to make them look like old pics with fake backstory added.

Not that I think that most or even a significant of ghost photos posted online are fakes. They seem to be mainly ordinary phenomena like dust orbs, mist lit by flash, etc. that people for some reason think are spirits. Or they are just window reflections, smudges on glass, regular people, etc. that people call ghosts. Strange thing about ghost photos is that a lot of people, if you show them a photo of something banal, but call it a ghost, they'll agree with you.

Anyway, well done to imaginarynumber1 for figuring this one out.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

And looks like the little girl from the original poltergeist movie. Who just happened to pass away by the second movie, and the remake is coming out soon. must be a coincidence

Good call... Also, she doesn't seem to be three dimensional. It's almost like her image was just planted on the photo. Kind of like the 2D ghost in Three Men and a Baby.

• 1 month later...

When looking at the little girl, you see her shadow behind her. The shadow extends to the bottom left of the ghost girl.

The ghost girl picture is a bit wrong. look again. it's not right.

-Sunny.

Or too little... fldinosaur, like to pop back in and make any additional comments? (refer previous page for complete debunking)

:D

And not every picture has to be 'photoshopped', nor did anyone claim that. But THIS ONE, like oh so many others, WAS.

And the only remaining 'mystery' now is that fldinosaur, despite contributing to other threads since then, was never heard from here again..

• 4 weeks later...

What if it's a real ghost

So you're saying that a real ghost will post images on the internet pretending that they are fake so that the skeptics can confirm their theories and stay skeptics and are unaffected by the ghost while believers can see the truth?

• 1 month later...

Why is it that I cannot see anything in these pictures?

I looked at the first one, I could see what looked like a coat hanging up behind the door, but I couldn't see a child opening the door or anything. I looked over and over, but saw nothing.

Also that Mother Theresa one...what is up with that?

Yes, I saw the 'face' in the bathtub taps though, that was a pretty obvious one.

I think it's called 'pattern recognition' or something.

• 3 weeks later...

That's not pareidolia, it's just a little blonde girl in a nightgown holding a stuffed toy. Probibly a painting, real girl, or life sized doll.

• 2 weeks later...

Everytime I look at a picture like this just one thing goes through my head: fake. What do you think?

Everytime I look at a picture like this just one thing goes through my head: fake. What do you think?

Oh it's most certainly fake, no pareidolia or matrixing is THIS good. Even the "Virgin Mary grilled cheese" required quite a lot of squinting in order to see anything of importance.