Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Martial Arts!

Podo

I'm basically just wondering if there are any other martial artists in the group. If there are, I figured we could use this space to discuss ethics, techniques, likes, dislikes, tell epic stories of our training and competitions, or whatever.

I've done a little bit of Brazillian and Japanese Jiu-Jitsu, a few years of Karate, and juuuuust about four years of Wing Chun. Wing Chun definitely resonates with me the most because I'm a small dude, but I do like the grappling aspects of Jiu-Jitsu. Not least, it is because Wing Chun has no ground game whatsoever, and I'm not arrogant enough to think that any one style has all of the answers. I'm interested in learning Jeet Kune Do as well, but I'm sort of conflicted about being taught it, considering it was designed to not need to be taught, as the method of teaching would interfere with the idealized freedom from form. There is a solid JKD teacher in my city, who is certified by Dan Inosanto, one of the three guys Bruce Lee certified to teach, but I'm still weary.

A few months ago I went to Ottawa to train with the grandmaster of my lineage, Sijo Sunny Tang, and while that was fantastic I also had the opportunity to take a short, two-hour seminar on Xingyi, a style of internal Chinese kung fu. That was...interesting, I'll say. They move in a very awkward fashion, and none of their power comes from their muscles or movements. It is all based on stepping and forms, which isn't unlike Wing Chun, but they took it to a whole new level. The instructor didn't speak any English so I had to speak to her in Mandarin, but since my Mandarin is only just beginning to become conversationally fluent, it was tricky.

• Like 4

I did tae kwon do, then wing chun, then boxing which I preferred.

However, imagine taking the best from EVERY martial art....deadly moves included...and learning it really fast,

Thats what the Israelis did....and called it Krav Maga. If I wasnt middle aged Id love to take that up, I consider it the best

heres the top guy

• Like 4

I did tae kwon do, then wing chun, then boxing which I preferred.

However, imagine taking the best from EVERY martial art....deadly moves included...and learning it really fast,

Thats what the Israelis did....and called it Krav Maga. If I wasnt middle aged Id love to take that up, I consider it the best

heres the top guy

Krav Maga is solid, but good luck finding a good teacher. The problem I have in my city and neighboring Vancouver is that we have a few teachers who claim to have "Learned Krav Maga in the IDF", but in reality they did their mandatory military time, learned a bit, came to Canada, and started teaching. I'd learn the CRAP out of it if it was an option, but unfortunately it really isn't, where I am.

That being said, Krav Maga, while incredibly useful for a life-threatening situation or war, would be tough to implement in Canada. It's really easy to be charged with excessive force, so using a style like Krav Maga anywhere other than the ring would be risky as hell, lest you end up in more trouble than the person assaulting you.

• Like 4

I've tried a variety of styles until I partially tore my ACL (left knee). I've sampled all the major "K"s: Kung Fu (both internal and external), Karate, Krav Maga, and Thai Kickboxing as well as some JKD and TKD. It's the quality of teachers that make the difference, but unfortunately, I just haven't found any in my area with whom I was motivated to stay for very long... I also prefer schools that aren't pushy about belt testing.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I was looking for a a MA thread and this seemed the most recent ...

arise I say !

Anyone out there still interested ?

My background ; Japanese karate as a youth - Shotokan - with one of the first non- Japanese instructors graded to Sandan as a teacher ( a rarity waaaay back then)

Sikiran 'karate' , a mix of Philipino Sikiran 'kick fighting' and modern Japanese Karate ( developed by one of President Marcos' body guards - army general)

A stint of crappy Aikido and a smattering of Indonesian Pentjak Silat.

A long period with 'better' Aikido ( Aiki-kai) and the 3 weapons; jo bokan and tanto.

And the last 8 years MSSR - Matsamura Sieto Shorin Ryu (Okinawan) , including weapons bo, jo, kama, sai, eku (oar) , bokan . ( I noted above the Krav Maga post - a guy I train with is ex- KM , I see the similarities in that both ( the Isralies and the Okinawans) were actually really fighting to stay alive ... that will make a big difference in one's technique ;)

MSSR is unlike other types of Shorin Ryu - it was a family tradition and it passed through members of the Sokon family, starting with 'Bushi' who was the personal body guard to the last 3 Okinawan kings.

Matsamura Soken - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matsumura_S%C5%8Dkon

then to

Nabe Matsamura - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nabe_Matsumura

then to

Hohan Soken - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hohan_S%C5%8Dken

Hohan Soken is interesting as he departed Okinawa and went to South America. Here he was removed from the effects of WWII and the invasion of Okinawa and the disruption and resultant loss of and degradation of martial arts and martial arts teachers.

The degradation that followed was due to multiple reasons; invasion and destruction, the 'victors' wanting lessons in the fighting traditions of the defeated ( so obviously, what was taught was limited or even faulty ) , being turned into a sport and having restrictions on techniques. Meanwhile it had been greatly changed for importation into Japan as a primary school physical education scheme, and from that 'Shotokan' was developed. After all that Hohan Soken returned to Okinawa with an intact tradition. After some time he agreed to teach some Americans as well, including Ted Langie , who later moved to Australia.

Then to

Kosei Nishihira - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nishihira_Kosei

Ted and others accepted the appointment of Kosei Nishihira ( others believed it was them and spread various Shorin-ryu schools and styles around ... but Hohan left the tradition and his sword and weapons to Kosei ) . Then Ted and students would go to Okinawa to train with Mr Nishihira. It has preserved an interesting style, whose roots go back to Chinese White Crane system. It is quiet different from what what much of modern karate has developed into, although trends to day seem to 'mix it up' to re-gain what has been lost.

I also have an interest and have done some study on the development of all this and looked at the reasons and dynamics why certain things are. Also I have done a couple of really good workshops from the rare 1 or 2 that really seem to know what was going on with the development of Okinawan / Japanese MAs .

..... and I like M.A. chat :yes: ... if anyone wants one :tu: .... especially weaponry ! :)

• Like 2

huh didn't even notice this thread thats odd, well i used to box, started when i was 5 or 6 had to stop going hard with it after my shoulder issues started up actually probably one of the causes for my neck issues too lol! never been big on other martial arts wouldn't mind rolling in a few bjj classes as i have rolled with some of my buddies and helped prep a few with some pointers in their stand up. it was pretty fun but the state my shoulders are in im not comfortable stretching out to far i cant even go to hard on a heavy bag because of the shock to the joints nowadays.

theres just something that cannot be beat for me moving in the ring pawing out jabs and ripping hooks to the body, im fascinated by the history of boxing as well as the evolution of it's game, how punches were thrown then as to now, footwork, foot placement, defensive tactics, everything, back when guys went 35 rounds with half inch hand wraps people being carried to their corners and drug back out to the center barely supporting themselves. warriors. although a bit barbaric and disgusting at times, to me it's one of the greatest combat sports ever and always will be for me. it's a shame that boxing has become so stagnant now all in thanks to the 75 year old promoters who do not care for the younger generation trying to move up, they are too scared to let their top guys fight the other promoters top guys because they are clutching on to the last few meal tickets in their life, it's a shame, and as harsh as it sounds the day these old buffoons die will be a great GREAT day in boxing history a day where the sport can grow again and welcome new challengers and champions.

im also a huge fan of muay thai i would love to go to the lumpinee stadium and watch those guys go at it, amazing athletes pure muay thai fighters are :)

• Like 3

Hey I.L. I worked with a guy who was the bareknuckle champ of an outback country town. They would fight in the cattle yards with the betting audience sitting around on the fences. He would fight bare topped in jeans and be drinking a long-neck at the start.

Talk about 'drunken boxing' ! :) He would be swaying and staggering all over the place ... but then , all of a sudden ... wham !

Errrmmm .... there used of be bit of 'bother' some times on the job, when the 'work crew' would be in a country location ... the locals would eventually have some issues with the 'new workers' invading their drinking hole. For some reason they would always start with this guy .... bad idea :no:

One time, a guy at the bar, totally out of the blue' hit him in face and knocked him down to one knee and his two front teeth out. He gets up and goes " I think we better take this outside." On the way out, he exists first then the aggressor and two of his mates peel off after him ; 3 on 1 .

So the 'boxer' gets both feet on the verandah ( " That counts as 'outside' ." He said later ;) ) turns around, two punches; one broken jaw, one fractured cheekbone and the other guy legged it.

he comes back to finishes his beer at the bar and one of the crew goes " Give us a look" and pulls his lip up " "Ya teeth are still there , just folded back ." and he grabs them and pulls them forward and pushed up .... he still has them :D

What ? Ya never ' rastled' with a weapon ? Not even the garden hoe ?

• Like 1

Bareknuckle boxing is an english thing, watch the lot...or just see the fight at the end, UK v US.... uk kicked ass.. 23mins onwards (US in blackshirt)

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

Hey I.L. I worked with a guy who was the bareknuckle champ of an outback country town. They would fight in the cattle yards with the betting audience sitting around on the fences. He would fight bare topped in jeans and be drinking a long-neck at the start.

Talk about 'drunken boxing' ! :) He would be swaying and staggering all over the place ... but then , all of a sudden ... wham !

Errrmmm .... there used of be bit of 'bother' some times on the job, when the 'work crew' would be in a country location ... the locals would eventually have some issues with the 'new workers' invading their drinking hole. For some reason they would always start with this guy .... bad idea :no:

One time, a guy at the bar, totally out of the blue' hit him in face and knocked him down to one knee and his two front teeth out. He gets up and goes " I think we better take this outside." On the way out, he exists first then the aggressor and two of his mates peel off after him ; 3 on 1 .

So the 'boxer' gets both feet on the verandah ( " That counts as 'outside' ." He said later ;) ) turns around, two punches; one broken jaw, one fractured cheekbone and the other guy legged it.

he comes back to finishes his beer at the bar and one of the crew goes " Give us a look" and pulls his lip up " "Ya teeth are still there , just folded back ." and he grabs them and pulls them forward and pushed up .... he still has them :D

What ? Ya never ' rastled' with a weapon ? Not even the garden hoe ?

lmao fantastic story, what a tough sob, nasty about the teeth makes me shudder lol, good reason why you should never start crap with people you don't know, you might end up with a severely broken face lol.

no lol never wrassled with weapons it's cool though just not for me, when i was a kid i wanted to use nunchakus like bruce lee though lol

• Like 1

Bareknuckle boxing is an english thing, watch the lot...or just see the fight at the end, UK v US.... uk kicked ass.. 23mins onwards (US in blackshirt)

seen quite a bit on bareknuckle boxing actually this especially good watch, i have always been kind of on the fence with bareknuckle boxing though while i respect them a great deal im just not too fond of watching it most of the time, not that wearing a pair of gloves and being in a ring is any better for your short or long term health just makes me feel like im watching backyard fights from some bums drugs off the street NOT saying these guys are by any means just the feeling i get watching. like watching kimbo slice punching peoples eyeballs out in backyards.

• Like 1

yeah ... thats the sort of guy I meant .... they need to be half smashed (on booze and by the opponent) first , before they come good. :)

Mate I worked with used to have a triple Vodka and Red Bull for 'breakfast' before work .... good work he did too !

• Like 2

lmao fantastic story, what a tough sob,

:yes: ... one day, on the way to work he had a motorcycle accident , went under a bus and got run over by one of the wheels ; hospital, internal injuries ... back at work in 6 weeks .... back on the bike :cry:

( remembers a classic ... he used to get hassled a lot, I swear, sometimes for no reason whatsoever ... once a bouncer tried to hassle him on the footpath, and pulls out his radio to call in a troublemaker , mate snatches it, runs back wards stretching the elastic coiled lead, lets it go ... pww a tang right in the family jewels :tsu:

... and legs it ...

then everyone else :cry: .... multiple legging it :D )

nasty about the teeth makes me shudder lol, good reason why you should never start crap with people you don't know, you might end up with a severely broken face lol.

no lol never wrassled with weapons it's cool though just not for me, when i was a kid i wanted to use nunchakus like bruce lee though lol

Many a kid has lumps from that !

I could do wooden nunchuks for a while - and the pattern with two going at once , at one stage. Gave em up though, not an effective weapon and highly illegal here - even foamies ( we train in the park, the local cops are okay with us ... but they specifically said no nunchuks of any type ! )

• Like 2

god damn back at work after 6 weeks from being run over by a bus i would love to buy this guy several rounds at the bar and shoot the **** with him.

lol yes i got a few lumps from it as well, no definitely not a very effective or useful weapon but god damn if as a kid you didn't feel awesome with a pair of nunchuks lol odd that they are illegal though doesn't really make sense to me when i can order swords and knives and clubs through the mail lol

Excellent !

One part of Mr Nishihira's teaching, which I really have not got, is just the way one can step in or out and totally confound the other. Either by stepping in and controlling your balance with his calf against yours, or evasion. I would often tread on the opponents toes as they slid back, sometimes they would startle and look down and as if an accident happened ... wham ! :)

In know this sounds like a fantasy ( butt he fantasy had an origin in an action) I think it was Hohan Soken (mentioned above - who was actually the last born Samurai before the officially stopped the cast ) had to spend ages on foot work before his uncle Nabe Matsamura would teach him more. He had to then do his forms on a log floating in a pond. Occasionally Uncle Nabe would jump on to the log too and make him fight there.

Bare fist boxer above I mentioned has this neat trick .... he staggers around a bit feigning to be more drunk than he is , takes some swings that are just out of reach and the other starts to think, this guy has not got my range. then as the other comes in, he swings a right but turns on the ball of the front foot, twists his hips so now his front foot heel is pointing forward and gains good extra distance without shuffling or stepping ... crack ( then he sorta lifts that arm in a deflection with a left upper cut following.

try the heel thing ; take distance from a full extended punch against a target, now pivot on the ball of the front foot and see how much distance you gain.

Of course a lot of karate has devolved into incomprehensible rubbish ! With punching like this;

.... someone should teach those guys leg attacks ! :innocent:

• Like 1

i was taught to step on toes in boxing if i have you close and i want to work you inside but you keep slipping out and circling i step on your toes as you step out which makes the other have to reset or lose his footing, usually you slip a hook as he's moving in and drive a straight to the chin if you get him off balance they tend to go down from that set up as long as you make it look unintentional of course :innocent: of course if you're orthodox and fighting a southpaw both of you naturally tend to step on each others toes without actually meaning too.

lol training on floating logs sounds badass enough i believe it :D

220px-Deborder1.jpg

so kind of like that in the second figure? pretty sure it's just a check hook, basically a step in hook without the step in your opponent does it for you basically, good punch and if you're up against a heavier guy you can drop them like a bag of ****.

why i have never really bothered with karate and all that stuff seems like every gym is just a mcdojo with trainers who are poorly qualified and are not there to teach you everything they know. my brother took karate, they never spared, all they did was drill their forms or whatever and punch and kick air for a year A YEAR!! too busy trying to impress and teach people how to break pine boards, it's come a long way though in the last while with mma exploding lots of mcdojo's died out and theres some really good schools around the country now training in all kinds of ****.

one big difference between karate guys and boxers we spar ten times more and we spar %100 we don't pitter patter our punches we put them through you, most of us are used to getting hit in the face and body so we can take and walk into a few if need be to feed em you could see him get scared the second he took a clean shot like "oh **** wtf am i doing" immediately tenses and tightens his body up which locks him up and slows his reaction down so seeing that hand wavy bouncing around crap makes my blood start pumping and im glad he ate some really good shots there. i hope he was embarrassed of himself.

edit: the other pic wouldn't work so i had to use that one although its not the best the other one the foot placement was where it was suppose to be lead foot pointing at your opponent as he is coming in this ones kind of reversed a bit god damnit, too tired to keep ripping through google images.

Edited by Iron_Lotus
  • Like 2

There is no magical "system" of martial arts. The techniques of virtually every art are effective against people who don't expect those techniques. For those who are familiar with the style and do expect the techniques, 90+ percent of the time the winner is going to be determined like any other physical confrontation - by which guy is physically superior.

Anyone who has taken Judo or Jujitsu classes has seen someone walk in off the street with no knowledge (but happen to be strong-like-bull) and toss black belts around like ragdolls (until/unless they manage to take advantage of his ignorance of the techniques). Anyone who has been at a serious boxing gym has seen someone walk in off the street who naturally has fast hands and plenty of pop in them knock experienced boxers down.

There are 3 real advantages to studying any martial art (except maybe the magic, chi ones):

Better physical fitness. Since a confrontation between 2 equally knowledgeable fighters will almost always end up in favor of the superior athlete, being in better shape improves the odds.

Knowing techniques that the opponent may not. Again, this is a true advantage. You slam a guy on his back and lean over to punch him in the face, if you don't see it coming someone will be explaining a triangle choke to you after you wake up.

Most importantly of all, they teach situational awareness. The self-service dentist from the stories above is far and away the exception. Watch street fight videos - the guy who wins is almost always the guy who lands the first good shot. A sucker punch or headbutt from one guy to another (who doesn't realize the fight is actually happening yet) usually ends the question of which guy is going to win a fight.

The problem with assessing the effectiveness of martial arts is that they are either designed as a competition within certain rules or the moves are impossible to practice. That triangle choke I mentioned earlier is less effective in a real fight where someone is willing to crush a testicle with his teeth. The death touch isn't really something you can practice so it's tough to say it really works (one of the most interesting arguments I've ever seen was between a guy who insisted his combat instructor in basic training had seen a man killed with a quick, light palm thrust to the nose and another guy who kept asking why no boxer in history has instantly died from bone fragments shoved into his brain by an uppercut that landed just so).

Anyway, in my opinion, if you want to start a hobby that could help you defend yourself, pick an art that works well with your physical gifts (a slow guy with poor reflexes and balance would not be an effective fighter using JKD) and think of it like playing basketball at the Y with the possible side effect of making you more capable of surviving a confrontation.

If you want to maximize your chances of surviving a confrontation, don't bother with the sport aspects of martial arts. Practice a few individual techniques that can work in a variety of situations and make it a point to be aware of what's going on around you. Between that and staying in good shape, you'll be as prepared as practically possible.

Don't misunderstand what I'm saying. I'm not saying martial are all BS or useless, just that most people drastically overestimate how effective a "system" can be in a real fight without rules preventing an enemy from exploiting the weakness of the system.

• Like 2

Just noticed this thread earlier,nice to see someone started this!

My background

Started boxing around 9-ammy record 64-7

Started jiu-jitsu at 19 Purple belt -been told i could lvl up now but stopped caring about belt lvls long ago,practicing jiu jitsu for MMA is much different than competition jiu-jitsu gi or no gi.

Wrestled through most of high school won state

MMA started around 21 14-4MMA/boxing coach 3 years

Never trained with weapons atleast not martial arts weapons guns,throwing knives,bow and arrows...

I can see we are going to have some fun in this thread lol...

Have a massive headache at the moment but be back to discuss tomorrow,thanks for bringing

my attention to this thread Lotus :tu:

Edited by CrimsonKing
  • Like 2

Anyone who has taken Judo or Jujitsu classes has seen someone walk in off the street with no knowledge (but happen to be strong-like-bull) and toss black belts around like ragdolls (until/unless they manage to take advantage of his ignorance of the techniques). Anyone who has been at a serious boxing gym has seen someone walk in off the street who naturally has fast hands and plenty of pop in them knock experienced boxers down.

i have not once ever seen any regular joe walk in off the street and do that ever, and i would be willing to bet everything i have that no regular joe is going to walk into any legit judo place and toss around a blackbelt judoka just cause he's "strong like bull" not going to happen.

There are 3 real advantages to studying any martial art (except maybe the magic, chi ones):

there are no advantages to chi or magic because they doesn't exist.

The problem with assessing the effectiveness of martial arts is that they are either designed as a competition within certain rules or the moves are impossible to practice. That triangle choke I mentioned earlier is less effective in a real fight where someone is willing to crush a testicle with his teeth. The death touch isn't really something you can practice so it's tough to say it really works (one of the most interesting arguments I've ever seen was between a guy who insisted his combat instructor in basic training had seen a man killed with a quick, light palm thrust to the nose and another guy who kept asking why no boxer in history has instantly died from bone fragments shoved into his brain by an uppercut that landed just so).

just no to all of that i will start with the guy telling fairy tales about people dying from palm thrusts to the nose http://www.fightingarts.com/reading/article.php?id=511 i suggest you read that. as for the touch of death more bullshido and more fake kung fu crap that is an absolute farce and waste of time.

Anyway, in my opinion, if you want to start a hobby that could help you defend yourself, pick an art that works well with your physical gifts (a slow guy with poor reflexes and balance would not be an effective fighter using JKD) and think of it like playing basketball at the Y with the possible side effect of making you more capable of surviving a confrontation.

If you want to maximize your chances of surviving a confrontation, don't bother with the sport aspects of martial arts. Practice a few individual techniques that can work in a variety of situations and make it a point to be aware of what's going on around you. Between that and staying in good shape, you'll be as prepared as practically possible.

if all you are concerned with is defending yourself and dealing with confrontation take some self defense classes because you have no desire to learn the discipline and art fully. there's nothing wrong with that but don't bother taking bjj if all you want to know is a rear naked choke, don't take judo if all you ever want to know is a hip toss, don't take boxing if all you want to know is learn a decent 1-2, that's my opinion though because i would never bother training someone who wasn't there to learn the art as a whole. i would actually tell someone to leave the gym if they came in with that mindset and attitude.

• Like 1

Just noticed this thread earlier,nice to see someone started this!

My background

Started boxing around 9-ammy record 64-7

Started jiu-jitsu at 19 Purple belt -been told i could lvl up now but stopped caring about belt lvls long ago,practicing jiu jitsu for MMA is much different than competition jiu-jitsu gi or no gi.

MMA started around 21 14-4MMA/boxing coach 3 years

Never trained with weapons atleast not martial arts weapons guns,throwing knives,bow and arrows...

I can see we are going to have some fun in this thread lol...

Have a massive headache at the moment but be back to discuss tomorrow,thanks for bringing

my attention to this thread Lotus :tu:

man i would stick with purple anyways lol to hell with belt ranking purple belts look the sexiest lol

Wrestled through most of high school won state

checked a lotta oil have ya? ;):D

maybe you can correct me if im wrong with analyzing back to earth's buddies punch he throws (his post #15)

• Like 1

Body Shot Knockouts

• Like 2

I agree Lotus not many average everyday tough guy walks into a legit gym and starts kicking ass,actually quite the opposite i've seen 145 'ers tapping out bodybuilder wannbes who weigh well over 200 pounds...I have also seen your windmillers first day of boxing training get KTFO!Idont care what kind of shape they were in,when one walks in off the streets it is wise to show respect because if you dont everyone in that gym will be looking to take you out.

Sometimes our gym will crosstrain with others and vice versa,those rules still apply...

I dont so much mind teaching people bits and pieces of different styles here and there for them to work on for self defense,but if one wants to get into a cage or ring absolutely you need to learn every fine detail then start tailoring things to fit your strengths.

Honestly street fighting is to dangerous to depend on any type of hand to hand style,your best bet is to have a weapon and try with everything in you to not get put on your back on the ground!If outnumbered make sure your back is facing a wall,much better chance of fighting offmultiple attackers if you can see them!

Magic punches i'm not even going into lol...

Nah never checked any oil,never had mine either smartass hahaha

I believe from how he described it you are correct with the check hook,either that or hooking off the jab like klitschko does which can be stunning to watch if done right!

• Like 1

Body Shot Knockouts

everytime i see body shots i always go BODY BODY BODY in a latin accent lol cant remember where i picked it up i just know there wa sa trainer that said it like buddy buddy buddy heeed lots and i loved it lol

• Like 1

I agree Lotus not many average everyday tough guy walks into a legit gym and starts kicking ass,actually quite the opposite i've seen 145 'ers tapping out bodybuilder wannbes who weigh well over 200 pounds...I have also seen your windmillers first day of boxing training get KTFO!Idont care what kind of shape they were in,when one walks in off the streets it is wise to show respect because if you dont everyone in that gym will be looking to take you out.

Sometimes our gym will crosstrain with others and vice versa,those rules still apply...

I dont so much mind teaching people bits and pieces of different styles here and there for them to work on for self defense,but if one wants to get into a cage or ring absolutely you need to learn every fine detail then start tailoring things to fit your strengths.

Honestly street fighting is to dangerous to depend on any type of hand to hand style,your best bet is to have a weapon and try with everything in you to not get put on your back on the ground!If outnumbered make sure your back is facing a wall,much better chance of fighting offmultiple attackers if you can see them!

Magic punches i'm not even going into lol...

I believe from how he described it you are correct with the check hook,either that or hooking off the jab like klitschko does which can be stunning to watch if done right!

**** i couldn't even catch a 145'er if i wanted too lol

yeah i figured it was but bareknuckle boxers are not renowned for their displays of pinpoint technique and precision so it very well could of been like a modified shovel punch or some weird **** like that lol

Nah never checked any oil,never had mine either smartass hahaha

:D lmao just joshin ya

• Like 2

@Sam if you mean both guys are of the same skill level absolutely,its been said for years in boxing a good big guy beats a good little guy...

Also Bruce Lee developed JKD as an anything goes type style,keep what works throw away the rest.Modern JKD studios have made it a "style"...His idea for it was more along the lines of vale tudo...

• Like 2