Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Martial Arts!

Podo

Just now, danydandan said:

Yeah I have a tendency to waffle sometimes lol.

I certainly agree with the wrestling thing, but it's the same as BJJ once you go down your open to attack from others because as you know it's very rare that only one person attacks you on the street.

My motto is run away, only fight if required.

I also think a big rugby player would probably beat the muck out of most people, when I was in Perth I witnessed three big rugby players from New Zealand clear out an entire bar.

:lol:

I agree with the multiple attackers angle,but the wrestler does have the advantage of being on top...if one knows the possibility of multiple attackers exist,stay standing if possible and get your back to a wall.

Yeah street fighting is to damn dangerous,can't fight a bullet...

lol i've met a few,and yes they are tough as nails!...most don't have any teeth,so they have nothing to lose hahaha

• Like 1

@danydandan

Tyson Fury already down to 258 for his upcoming fight...i'm impressed!

He just may be in excellent condition for Wilder in December!

1 hour ago, CrimsonKing said:

@danydandan

I think his head is back in the game, if he doesn't steam roll this fight I fear hell start regressing. Let's hope he does well because I really want to to see that Wilder fight. Such contrasting approachs to the sweet science.

• Like 1

I have practiced Krav Maga now for almost over six years. it's an effective self defense system that is resonably easy to learn which most special forces in the world use also used by the law enforcements all over the world. What makes it fun to practise is the mixture of different systems put togheter which makes it versatile and never too boring. it doesn't matter how big or tall you are plus there is no rules in it. I guess the systems effectiveness got much to do with what system you practise and your club's skill. there is much boxing in km which i love so much infact i started to practise boxing we'll see i might start to box instead after this term cause boxing is one of the best systems ever made and it's one thing im good at it's so much fun :-)

Edited by Avalanche
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Avalanche said:

I have practiced Krav Maga now for almost over six years. it's an effective self defense system that is resonably easy to learn which most special forces in the world use also used by the law enforcements all over the world. What makes it fun to practise is the mixture of different systems put togheter which makes it versatile and never too boring. it doesn't matter how big or tall you are plus there is no rules in it. I guess the systems effectiveness got much to do with what system you practise and your club's skill. there is much boxing in km which i love so much infact i started to practise boxing we'll see i might start to box instead after this term cause boxing is one of the best systems ever made and it's one thing im good at it's so much fun :-)

Can never go wrong with boxing man ;) That was where i started.

I just wish outside of personally competeing and training in it,they could clean the sport of corrupt promoters and judges <_<

At the world class level promoters,judges,and sanctioning bodies with multiple "world championship belts" has stagnated the once GREAT sport...

Waiting for 3 or 4 different guys with 3 or 4 different promoters to get together on contracts to decide who is THE best in their prime so rarely happens...it's sickening!

3 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

Can never go wrong with boxing man ;) That was where i started.

I just wish outside of personally competeing and training in it,they could clean the sport of corrupt promoters and judges <_<

At the world class level promoters,judges,and sanctioning bodies with multiple "world championship belts" has stagnated the once GREAT sport...

Waiting for 3 or 4 different guys with 3 or 4 different promoters to get together on contracts to decide who is THE best in their prime so rarely happens...it's sickening!

Yeah sadly the sweet sience or the noble art of self defense has and have had it's sheer of too many dubious corrupt people through out the years. I find it silly that the age limit in amateur boxing is 40 years you are never too old to box.

22 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

@danydandan

He eased that fight, no KO though so that's disappointing. Good warm up fight for Wilder I think.

What you make it?

Paddy Barns didn't fair too well, hoping Frampton can do better. Edit: oh he just did,

Edited by danydandan

4 hours ago, danydandan said:

He eased that fight, no KO though so that's disappointing. Good warm up fight for Wilder I think.

What you make it?

Paddy Barns didn't fair too well, hoping Frampton can do better. Edit: oh he just did,

Yeah man,but i think getting the rounds in was more important for him leading up to a championship fight than a "confidence booster" KO after a 2 and a half year break...

Honestly i kinda think he needed one more bout before trying to reclaim the crown,but the amount of weight he's shed since he first announced he was coming back has shown a lotta dedication and time spent in the gym!...at the pace he's been showing,he may only take 7-10 days off and be right back to training.

Tyson even with his massive size is really a boxer/puncher moreso than a brawler/knockout artist anyway...he's always capable of scoreing a KO due to size alone,but really not his style...

If he keeps it together and has a great camp with no injuries,all he has to do is employ the Klitschko gameplan to get a victory...work the jab,good foot movement,and good defense.

If he fights a similair fight,he may KO Wilder!...not saying it will be easy,but Wilder fights a very erratic "windmill" type style...he's WIDE OPEN a lot!...but he's also a lot more agressive than post Steward trained Klitschko ever was...

Will be a great clash of styles rarely seen at "Super heavyweight"

Hope Joshua grows a pair between now and after the fight,these 2 have'em in spades!

Can't hate on the winner or loser of this one!

eta

FP was a former sparring parter of Tysons,85-90% of the time when former sparring partners fight there is a level of respect none give random opponents...when training live for months on end with someone,one picks up on subtle strengths and weaknesses of the other that can't really be exploited from studying tapes or word of mouth from said person...it's learned through live action.

The other 10-15% form a vile disrespect and hatred for each other that one can tell a real difference between real and the faux tv "buildups" just to sell tickets lol

Edited by CrimsonKing
  • Thanks 1

On 19/8/2018 at 2:54 AM, CrimsonKing said:

Yeah man,but i think getting the rounds in was more important for him leading up to a championship fight than a "confidence booster" KO after a 2 and a half year break...

Honestly i kinda think he needed one more bout before trying to reclaim the crown,but the amount of weight he's shed since he first announced he was coming back has shown a lotta dedication and time spent in the gym!...at the pace he's been showing,he may only take 7-10 days off and be right back to training.

Tyson even with his massive size is really a boxer/puncher moreso than a brawler/knockout artist anyway...he's always capable of scoreing a KO due to size alone,but really not his style...

If he keeps it together and has a great camp with no injuries,all he has to do is employ the Klitschko gameplan to get a victory...work the jab,good foot movement,and good defense.

If he fights a similair fight,he may KO Wilder!...not saying it will be easy,but Wilder fights a very erratic "windmill" type style...he's WIDE OPEN a lot!...but he's also a lot more agressive than post Steward trained Klitschko ever was...

Will be a great clash of styles rarely seen at "Super heavyweight"

Hope Joshua grows a pair between now and after the fight,these 2 have'em in spades!

Can't hate on the winner or loser of this one!

eta

FP was a former sparring parter of Tysons,85-90% of the time when former sparring partners fight there is a level of respect none give random opponents...when training live for months on end with someone,one picks up on subtle strengths and weaknesses of the other that can't really be exploited from studying tapes or word of mouth from said person...it's learned through live action.

The other 10-15% form a vile disrespect and hatred for each other that one can tell a real difference between real and the faux tv "buildups" just to sell tickets lol

He certainly is putting in the effort, I can't wait to see this fight. Biggest and most intriguing HW boxing fight in many years. I don't think AJ and Klitschko was as intriguing as Klitschko was too old.

UFC229 is turning out to be a great card Fergie vs Pettis has been added to the card. It's almost like they expect a late pull out or someone not making weight. That's Kahbib's forte so I won't be surprised if he pulls out or does not make weight. Gets stripped, if Conor beats him he gets the belt and the Fergie fight is to determine the next challenger to the belt.

Edited by danydandan

• 2 weeks later...

Till or Woodley?

I'm picking Till he looks way too big.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone watching the fight on Saturday?

@CrimsonKing

I'm obviously backing Conor first or second round ko.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Anyone watching the fight on Saturday?

@CrimsonKing

I'm obviously backing Conor first or second round ko.

Hell yes im watching it and I cant wait to see Khabib make Connor cry and submit in the 1st! :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Hell yes im watching it and I cant wait to see Khabib make Connor cry and submit in the 1st! :D

Nah won't happen. I hope.

• Like 1

Just now, danydandan said:

Nah won't happen. I hope.

Ohhh I just put two and two together, he's a local of course you're rooting for him!

I enjoy watching Khabib fight but I wouldnt say im a huge fan. Honestly Connor is one of those guys if I knew in real life I simply would have to fight. Dude just gets my hackles up but I definitely understand his draw.

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Ohhh I just put two and two together, he's a local of course you're rooting for him!

I enjoy watching Khabib fight but I wouldnt say im a huge fan. Honestly Connor is one of those guys if I knew in real life I simply would have to fight. Dude just gets my hackles up but I definitely understand his draw.

It's all a show. He ain't like that in real life I trained in his gym in Lucan and although he wasn't huge. He was certainly a class act. Take away all the trast talking ****e, he is the best stand up fighter the UFC has seen.

I just feel Khabibs record is too padded. This is his first real main event, with honestly his first real fighter at a top level. He looked out of sorts at the staredown. Blue lips, stood too far away his body language indicates he is not confident. Look at all his pervious staredowns, he is usually so confident he can't hide is smirk. Staredown with Conor was completely polar to his usual tact. Unless it's an act, but I doubt it.

Backhand uppercut as khabib shoots is the punch I pick will knock him out or down.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, danydandan said:

It's all a show. He ain't like that in real life I trained in his gym in Lucan and although he wasn't huge. He was certainly a class act.

Thats actually really cool to hear and will change my perspective a little. I cant be mad at a guy playing a character. He obviously has figured out what people want to see.

5 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Thats actually really cool to hear and will change my perspective a little. I cant be mad at a guy playing a character. He obviously has figured out what people want to see.

You should read the stories about him just giving money to sick people. Going into the kids hospitals. I'd say he's helped alot of people without making is public. Just this week he gave 10,000 to a sick kid via GoFundMe. He did it anonymously, I assume he wanted to keep it anonymous too, but thr kids mother just had to thank him publicly.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2018 at 5:01 PM, danydandan said:

You should read the stories about him just giving money to sick people. Going into the kids hospitals. I'd say he's helped alot of people without making is public. Just this week he gave 10,000 to a sick kid via GoFundMe. He did it anonymously, I assume he wanted to keep it anonymous too, but thr kids mother just had to thank him publicly.

Gotta say im getting stoked for the fight!  I was thinking about how Connor did vs Mayweather and how impressive it really was and yeah I definitely would not bet on Khabib.

28 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Gotta say im getting stoked for the fight!  I was thinking about how Connor did vs Mayweather and how impressive it really was and yeah I definitely would not bet on Khabib.

Never mind that, look at the traps he set for Alvarez with his jab. Creating invisible boundaries and then when you think he can't hit you, you step into a punch. Because as he is throwing his second or third jab he is moving his feet and your concentrating on his hands. He will do the same thing to Khabib, khabib will shoot and will be short and get clipped with a back hand uppercut.

His first professional boxing fight against the best boxer ever, with 6weeks of training. Very very impressive.

Edited by danydandan
  • Like 1

The best part of the ME happened after the fight. 

Great to see McGregor be truly humbled though. 

• Like 2

Conor got beat up man. Looked like he was starting to get the upper hand in the third. But khabib is a monster. I thought CmG was rope a doping. But he was just a dope,.

However, Conor should of had the book thrown at him for the NY bus attack. Khabib, is gonna get crucified by the Nevada State Commission.

Conor didn't press charges against thr three lads who attacked him in the cage.

But a rematch would be an epic event.

49 minutes ago, danydandan said:

But a rematch would be an epic event.

1. Glad to see Conor put in his place

2. Still a terrible excuse as a sport.

18 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Farmer I find myself agreeing with you on many matters but not this. I watched conor v Mayweather with some Conor / MMA supporters. They were cringing from the 3rd round. Mayweather could have ended the fight at any stage - but he was having too much fun against a fighter totally incapable of harming him in a boxing ring. 

18 hours ago, danydandan said:

Very very impressive.

it was embarrassing. the fight itself demonstrated why the fight should never have taken place. and by the way "Embarrassing" is a direct quote from the MMA /Conor supporters I watched the fight with.

Edited by RAyMO