Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Podo

Martial Arts!

1,883 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

CrimsonKing
Just now, danydandan said:

Yeah I have a tendency to waffle sometimes lol.

I certainly agree with the wrestling thing, but it's the same as BJJ once you go down your open to attack from others because as you know it's very rare that only one person attacks you on the street.

My motto is run away, only fight if required.

I also think a big rugby player would probably beat the muck out of most people, when I was in Perth I witnessed three big rugby players from New Zealand clear out an entire bar.

:lol:

I agree with the multiple attackers angle,but the wrestler does have the advantage of being on top...if one knows the possibility of multiple attackers exist,stay standing if possible and get your back to a wall.

Yeah street fighting is to damn dangerous,can't fight a bullet...

lol i've met a few,and yes they are tough as nails!...most don't have any teeth,so they have nothing to lose hahaha

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
CrimsonKing

@danydandan

Tyson Fury already down to 258 for his upcoming fight...i'm impressed!

He just may be in excellent condition for Wilder in December!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
1 hour ago, CrimsonKing said:

@danydandan

Tyson Fury already down to 258 for his upcoming fight...i'm impressed!

He just may be in excellent condition for Wilder in December!

I think his head is back in the game, if he doesn't steam roll this fight I fear hell start regressing. Let's hope he does well because I really want to to see that Wilder fight. Such contrasting approachs to the sweet science.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Avalanche

I have practiced Krav Maga now for almost over six years. it's an effective self defense system that is resonably easy to learn which most special forces in the world use also used by the law enforcements all over the world. What makes it fun to practise is the mixture of different systems put togheter which makes it versatile and never too boring. it doesn't matter how big or tall you are plus there is no rules in it. I guess the systems effectiveness got much to do with what system you practise and your club's skill. there is much boxing in km which i love so much infact i started to practise boxing we'll see i might start to box instead after this term cause boxing is one of the best systems ever made and it's one thing im good at it's so much fun :-)

Edited by Avalanche
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrimsonKing
16 minutes ago, Avalanche said:

I have practiced Krav Maga now for almost over six years. it's an effective self defense system that is resonably easy to learn which most special forces in the world use also used by the law enforcements all over the world. What makes it fun to practise is the mixture of different systems put togheter which makes it versatile and never too boring. it doesn't matter how big or tall you are plus there is no rules in it. I guess the systems effectiveness got much to do with what system you practise and your club's skill. there is much boxing in km which i love so much infact i started to practise boxing we'll see i might start to box instead after this term cause boxing is one of the best systems ever made and it's one thing im good at it's so much fun :-)

Can never go wrong with boxing man ;) That was where i started.

I just wish outside of personally competeing and training in it,they could clean the sport of corrupt promoters and judges <_<

At the world class level promoters,judges,and sanctioning bodies with multiple "world championship belts" has stagnated the once GREAT sport...

Waiting for 3 or 4 different guys with 3 or 4 different promoters to get together on contracts to decide who is THE best in their prime so rarely happens...it's sickening!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Avalanche
3 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

Can never go wrong with boxing man ;) That was where i started.

I just wish outside of personally competeing and training in it,they could clean the sport of corrupt promoters and judges <_<

At the world class level promoters,judges,and sanctioning bodies with multiple "world championship belts" has stagnated the once GREAT sport...

Waiting for 3 or 4 different guys with 3 or 4 different promoters to get together on contracts to decide who is THE best in their prime so rarely happens...it's sickening!

Yeah sadly the sweet sience or the noble art of self defense has and have had it's sheer of too many dubious corrupt people through out the years. I find it silly that the age limit in amateur boxing is 40 years you are never too old to box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
22 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

@danydandan

Tyson Fury already down to 258 for his upcoming fight...i'm impressed!

He just may be in excellent condition for Wilder in December!

He eased that fight, no KO though so that's disappointing. Good warm up fight for Wilder I think.

What you make it?

Paddy Barns didn't fair too well, hoping Frampton can do better. Edit: oh he just did,

Edited by danydandan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrimsonKing
4 hours ago, danydandan said:

He eased that fight, no KO though so that's disappointing. Good warm up fight for Wilder I think.

What you make it?

Paddy Barns didn't fair too well, hoping Frampton can do better. Edit: oh he just did,

Yeah man,but i think getting the rounds in was more important for him leading up to a championship fight than a "confidence booster" KO after a 2 and a half year break...

Honestly i kinda think he needed one more bout before trying to reclaim the crown,but the amount of weight he's shed since he first announced he was coming back has shown a lotta dedication and time spent in the gym!...at the pace he's been showing,he may only take 7-10 days off and be right back to training.

Tyson even with his massive size is really a boxer/puncher moreso than a brawler/knockout artist anyway...he's always capable of scoreing a KO due to size alone,but really not his style...

If he keeps it together and has a great camp with no injuries,all he has to do is employ the Klitschko gameplan to get a victory...work the jab,good foot movement,and good defense.

If he fights a similair fight,he may KO Wilder!...not saying it will be easy,but Wilder fights a very erratic "windmill" type style...he's WIDE OPEN a lot!...but he's also a lot more agressive than post Steward trained Klitschko ever was...

Will be a great clash of styles rarely seen at "Super heavyweight"

Hope Joshua grows a pair between now and after the fight,these 2 have'em in spades!

Can't hate on the winner or loser of this one!

eta

FP was a former sparring parter of Tysons,85-90% of the time when former sparring partners fight there is a level of respect none give random opponents...when training live for months on end with someone,one picks up on subtle strengths and weaknesses of the other that can't really be exploited from studying tapes or word of mouth from said person...it's learned through live action.

The other 10-15% form a vile disrespect and hatred for each other that one can tell a real difference between real and the faux tv "buildups" just to sell tickets lol

Edited by CrimsonKing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.