Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Baby Born Without A Face

Diebytheflyguy

Sadly, this isn't the first case of children being born without faces. Though usually around highly radioactive areas.

PS. technically bull**** is two words.

Edited by Mad Manfred

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Art Vandelay

• whoa182

• HolyDevil2053

• JennRose

I hope the parents and the kid got enough strength and faith to carry on, what a heavy cross.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish her and her parents the best of luck.

You think deformities, mutations, cancers etc... All just happen? As if magic or poof out of nowhere?

Yes, they do. Thank you for demonstrating not only how utterly heartless you are, but how little you know of genetics. Take your fundamentalist crap and get lost, and let the rest of us who actually care about other human being's suffering work towards improving the lot of children like this.

This baby was still in the womb and had spinabifiea and the doctors had to make all these special instruments to fix it. Well when they took the woman's uterus out and made the incision they were going to work through, the baby's hand popped out and grabbed the doctor's finger. I don't know where on the web the picture is, but there is one.

374282[/snapback]

And here's a link to it.... I didn't link directly to them... but in the article you can find two links (Photo 1 and Photo 2) showing the fetal hand that Omega mentioned. (Not the child mentioned in this thread.)

WARNING: Could be seen as a little gruesome to some... don't look at the photos unless you don't think you'll be disturbed. I'm only linking to it because Omega mentioned it.... but I don't want to get complaints about it. Go at your own risk. (I wasn't disturbed at all... but some may, and I don't want to be accused of not warning people.)

fetal hand grabs doctor's finger

And here's a link to it....

Thanks, Serenity's River!

Awww! What a tiny little hand! And so perfect! It's just wonderful that they were able to operate and correct the spinabifuda! And little Samuel was born perfectly healthy! original.gif

There's so much terrible and distressing news, it's nice to see good news once in a while!

thumbsup.gif

Loretta

Updated Article:

By Jeannie Blaylock

First Coast News

JACKSONVILLE, FL -- When most parents have a baby, they spend months dreaming about what their bundle of joy will look like. Will she look like mom? Will he have dad's eyes? But for one local Navy family, the birth of their daughter didn't give them the answers to those questions. Their daughter was born without a face.

When Tammy was pregnant, she knew something was wrong. At worst, they thought maybe their baby had a cleft lip.

So Tammy, and her husband Tom, went to the hospital happy, until the birth.

"The nurse is like, 'We got her stable, we need to rush her upstairs,'" explains Tom, as he recalls every minute of that day. "And the nurse asked, 'Do you want your wife to see her now?'"

Tom says he thought to himself, "Before she gets the shock I did, let me take a picture so she's prepared."

Tammy hadn't seen her new baby yet, because she almost bled to death during delivery. Tammy would be okay, meanwhile, dad went to take pictures of his new daughter.

But no matter what, these new parents had a wish. "That if there was something wrong, she wouldn't be alone. We wanted to make sure she felt loved," said Tom, as he began to cry. "She squeezed my hand."

If you are interested in helping the Wetmore family, a savings account is set up for donations at the Vystar Credit Union in Middleburg.

Donations can be made at ANY Vystar Credit Union to Juliana Wetmore at member number 2102465.

Direct donations can be sent to:

Juliana Wetmore

3018 Hickory Glenn Dr.

Orange Park, FL 32065

Theres a video on this story on this website.

Edited by Diebytheflyguy

that video is one of the saddest things I have ever seen. Bless those people for being such a loving family to her, though.

That poor little girl. She is so loving and yet the she has to live in a world so cruel. I wish I could help sad.gif

That is really sad. I haven't seen any pictures and have nn idea if surgery is going to be able to help the matter much.

I know that surgeons who specialize in deformities like cleft lips are able to work wonders now, where kids have little if any scarring and have completely normal appearences. I can only hope that this little baby has the potential for reconstructive surgery.

At best she is still looking at dozens of surgeries over her childhood to try to fix problems of that level. crying.gif

373521[/snapback]

The only problem is is that you have to be a certain age (I believe). I have a cleft lip and am just gettin started on surgery next year (im 15 now, almost 16). So I just hope she doesnt have to wait that long. My teenage years have been hell because of my cleft lip..id hate to see what she has to go through...

crying.gif that poor little girl! crying.gif i wish her and her family the best crying.gif

It is reality. You think deformities, mutations, cancers etc... All just happen? As if magic or poof out of nowhere? Do you know how many retarded children have came from irresponsible parents who probably took some drugs, medication, or substance they were not supposed to during pregnancy?! Humanity is destroying itself and its environment! Especially in these times! Stronger Mutated Bacteria and Parasites, Pollution, Radiation, Toxic and Chemical waste is skyrocketing! Everything is being dirtied! Polluted forever! Almost every ancient culture still alive today states that during the time of end and corruption there will be many deformed children. This is just proof of humanity's situation worsening! You think God plans this kind of sh** for laughs or a kick?! God wants us to be happy and healthy as long as we do not lose our way, ignore the teachings of our ancestors, or become corrupt! 

It all depends on your path and mind.

It sickens me to read such diarrhea of the mouth (pardon the expression). This is by far the most ignorant quote I have ever encountered in my short thirty-four years. For those of you interested, the general details of Treacher Collins Syndrome are included in the following short text on the topic from Web-MD:

“Treacher Collins Syndrome is a rare inherited disorder characterized by distinctive abnormalities of the head and facial (craniofacial) area due to underdevelopment (hypoplasia) of certain portions of the skull (e.g., supraorbital rims and zygomatic arches). Although the symptoms and physical characteristics associated with Treacher Collins Syndrome can vary greatly in severity from patient to patient, craniofacial abnormalities tend to involve the cheekbones, jaws, mouth, ears, and/or eyes.

Craniofacial malformations associated with Treacher Collins Syndrome include underdeveloped (hypoplastic) or absent cheek (malar) bones; an incompletely developed, abnormally small lower jaw (mandibular hypoplasia and micrognathia); an unusually large mouth (macrostomia); malformations of the roof of the mouth (palate); and/or dental abnormalities such as misaligned teeth (malocclusion). Affected infants may also have underdeveloped (hypoplastic) and/or malformed (dysplastic) ears (pinnae) with blind ending or absent external ear canals (microtia), resulting in hearing impairment (conductive hearing loss). In addition, infants with Treacher Collins Syndrome may exhibit abnormally downwardly slanted upper and lower eyelids (palpebral fissures), a notching (colobomas) from the outer third of the lower eyelids, and/or additional eye (ocular) abnormalities, resulting in varying degrees of visual impairment in some cases. Some individuals with the disorder have additional physical abnormalities. In approximately 40 percent of cases, Treacher Collins Syndrome is inherited as an autosomal dominant genetic trait, passed on by an affected parent. However, in about 60 percent of cases, a positive family history is not found. Such cases represent new genetic changes (mutations) that occur randomly, with no apparent cause (sporadic).”

The full report from the National Disorder for Rare disorders can be found at http://www.rarediseases.org/search/rdblist.html (for a small fee).

Compassion is much more difficult than abhorrence. Thanks to all of those on this post who chose the higher road…

I hope the whole family the best of luck for the future i can not comprehend the pressure the entire family would be going thru. she will have to deal with peoples staring, teasing and laughing for the rest of her life. i just wish i could do something to help

It is reality. You think deformities, mutations, cancers etc... All just happen? As if magic or poof out of nowhere? Do you know how many retarded children have came from irresponsible parents who probably took some drugs, medication, or substance they were not supposed to during pregnancy?! Humanity is destroying itself and its environment! Especially in these times! Stronger Mutated Bacteria and Parasites, Pollution, Radiation, Toxic and Chemical waste is skyrocketing! Everything is being dirtied! Polluted forever! Almost every ancient culture still alive today states that during the time of end and corruption there will be many deformed children. This is just proof of humanity's situation worsening! You think God plans this kind of sh** for laughs or a kick?! God wants us to be happy and healthy as long as we do not lose our way, ignore the teachings of our ancestors, or become corrupt! 

It all depends on your path and mind.

I dont know how some 1 could blabber such utter rubbish, i agree that some times it is true that people abuse there selvs with drugs, but most of the time it is just mother nature. Both parents could BE 100% healthy, never touched drugs in there lives and end up having a deformed child its just natural selection, you could do every thing by the book and still get cancer or a disease. Who ever wrote the above quote should be ashamed of them selves u may be a drug addicted fool but it doesnt mean every 1 is aswell

this is where the idea of face implants that people were slagging off on another post might not make them so negative...because remember that plastic surgery actually came from a need to help people with deformaties!

ph34r.gif

Hey guys, I registered here just so I can post to this one thread this on time.

My name is Dan,

I have the privledge of knowing Tom and Tammy Wetmore, the family of the child. I would like to say that they are the most caring and loving people that you would ever meet. I worked with Tom in the US Navy. The guy is a saint. They are the LAST people that diserved this, but in a way they are the best choice because they are very loving and caring people and will be able to provide Juliana with the home and care she needs. God works in weird ways. We should all be thankful that we have our health, good looks ect...... I urge thoughs of you that can to help the family out via donations or anything you can do. Any gifts or donations can be sent to:

Juliana Wetmore

3018 Hickory Glenn Dr.

Orange Park, FL 32065

Thanks for your time.

~Dan

They will either have to "reconstruct" her face. Or maybe have to put her to death...... I'm sorry to say. Not to be offensive or anything... but she won't be able to survive in the world..... especially at school or what not. Even if she's home-schooled.... she'd still live an unhappy life... what do you think? But that's just if they can't do anything.

Edited by brittish_gurl

They will either have to "reconstruct" her face, lol. Or maybe have to put her to death...... I'm sorry to say. Not to be offensive or anything... but she won't be able to survive in the world..... especially at school or what not. Even if she's home-schooled.... she'd still live an unhappy life... what do you think? But that's just if they can't do anything.

405672[/snapback]

Oh Brattish gurl, you certianly are a pathetic human soul to LOL at this little girl,and suggest that she face death after all. To laugh at such a horrible trail for this little girl and her mom and dad shows the kind of person that you are. satin will have fun with you in hell if you don't have a change of heart. I'm sorry to say that yes you are sorry, and offensive and everything, so skip the unhappy life, and home schooling, as if you really care.

What if it where you at age 2 looking out of that face of hers.

What if you where that mother feeling every single pain with that child.

Or that Father holding his daughter with a smile on his face, but his heart torn apart as he looks at her and wonders what she is thinking.

Or maybe you are not capable of that kind of compassion.

Maybe you are handicapped and should be put to death

oh my god, that is just soo sad for a girl her age to go through. I have seen a simliar case with a guy that lost half of his face and they were able to design a plastic face mask that he sticks on the other half of his face. I dunno what they will try to do to this girl but i hope they'll be able to reconstruct her face and give her an actual life.

They will either have to "reconstruct" her face, lol. Or maybe have to put her to death...... I'm sorry to say. Not to be offensive or anything... but she won't be able to survive in the world..... especially at school or what not. Even if she's home-schooled.... she'd still live an unhappy life... what do you think? But that's just if they can't do anything.

405672[/snapback]

Oh Brattish gurl, you certianly are a pathetic human soul to LOL at this little girl,and suggest that she face death after all. To laugh at such a horrible trail for this little girl and her mom and dad shows the kind of person that you are. satin will have fun with you in hell if you don't have a change of heart. I'm sorry to say that yes you are sorry, and offensive and everything, so skip the unhappy life, and home schooling, as if you really care.

What if it where you at age 2 looking out of that face of hers.

What if you where that mother feeling every single pain with that child.

Or that Father holding his daughter with a smile on his face, but his heart torn apart as he looks at her and wonders what she is thinking.

Or maybe you are not capable of that kind of compassion.

Maybe you are handicapped and should be put to death

406305[/snapback]

Okay then....... don't freak out dude... I was laughing about the word "reconstruct." You really need to chill and get your facts straight.... and learn how use spell check... or maybe YOU should get home-schooled. Being the fact that you don't know what you're talking about. By the way... I AM Satan.... and I will LOL when you're down in Hell!!!!!! lol

Is there a picture?

373532[/snapback]

If you go to www.usatoday.com and go under health and you can wacth a movie about this girl w/no faceits so sad crying.gifsad.gif

• 2 months later...

Love is the answer and obviously she is getting plenty of that. You can see there is a beautiful child and although it may be hard on the parents with people staring; at least, the child knows she is in a loving home.

I had a friend who suffered with thalydamide and I remember how he was treated. He was a great person to know.

There was a post somewhere showing an 'alien baby' video of a baby born in asia somewhere.

Anyway, you can see, if I can find it again that the child is much loved and loved by people in the community.

My friend, Charles, never felt he had an abnormalitie and couldn't understand why people had trouble with his physiology.

He was a great person to know and whom I often think about and he was the 'normal' one. He was so intelligent and I really liked him.

If I hadn't been engaged to somebody else at the time, I would have gone out with him, because he had a great sense of humour and was wonderful company. Looking back, I often wonder if he remembers me at all. He was a remarkable person and one whom I miss. I hope he is still around somewhere-it would be great to hear how life has been treating him.

Love is a great healer and can see beauty everywhere and in everything.

Personally, I think she is a lovely child and one that loves to be loved.

Poor baby, this is possibly one of the saddest stories I have ever heard.

Thank god for advances in medical science and perhaps one day this little girl will be concidered 'normal' - at least she has the love of her family.

sad.gif This story is one of the saddest I have ever read...and also one of the most eye opening...

From what I saw of Juliana she was a bright sweet little child who is loved by her parents unconditionally.

I pray that the family has the support of relatives and friends and that the small minded minority do not make that poor childs life a misery!

Good Luck Mr and Mrs Wetmore original.gif

and God bless little Juliana wavey.gif