Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Baby Born Without A Face

Diebytheflyguy

After reading about Juliana....

I sat here for 20 minutes and could not think of any thing to say. I am at a loss for words. crying.gif

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Art Vandelay

• whoa182

• HolyDevil2053

• JennRose

These are very honorable people, I say kudos to you. It is clear that Juliana is a very beautiful little girl.

I cant really do anything but repeat what everyone else is saying.

That is terrible for the girl..thank goodness she is in a loving home.

And that story about the babies hand grabbing the docters finger..truly touching.

She'll have a normal life and look normal by the time she gets to her late teens thumbsup.gif

Perhaps mankind isn't worthy enough to see her face, that's what I'd tell my child if it happened to them.

I bet the couple must have thought or done something really wrong in their life for the universal justice to punish in such a way.

Or more believable is that maybe the woman did things she was not supposed to while pregnant. Deformities do not just happen randomly and for no reason. Every action has a consequence.

You need to give universal powers more credit . If they do exist I doubt they would be as stupid and cruel as to punish a child for his/her parents sins . Punishing someone else for someones problems is not justice , is stupidity . With logic like that I could look into your families history and then chop your face up if I found your great great great grandmother molested a two year old .

If I was in charge of the punishment I would at least be smart enough to dish it out where it is deserved .

Again, all you compassionate people here, hats off to you for being so! I am privileged to have such a wonderful bunch of humans to talk to.

Now, as to those certain people who think that ALL deformities, etc. are punishment for "bad" behavior of the parents....I've got a little story for ya...

A few years back, I knew a family who had a boy and a girl. They were avid church-goers, praised and loved God with their entire beings, and did all they could to show that love to others....Now, when their little girl was just 2 years old, they found out that she had leukemia. They prayed, had her anointed by our pastor -- in short, did ALL they could, to have her healed. However, I think it was either shortly after or shortly before her 4th birthday, that little girl died in the hospital. Their ONE comfort was that she died in NO pain, and that the moments before she died, she said that she saw Jesus and a host of angels in the corner of her room, and that Jesus was holding out His arms to her, waiting for her to come to Him. She was smiling as her eyes closed....*chokes up* sorry about that...

Those parents did NOTHING to deserve what happened to that little 4-year-old, and neither did the parents of Juliana. Sometimes, God (or whatever divine power you wish to believe in...or nature...don't want to offend anyone) takes something terrible, like a deformity, and turns it into something beautiful. Like showing the incredible unconditional love her parents, friends and family have for her...like showing the compassion HERE on THIS forum for someone WE don't even know...

Yeah, this world is FAR from perfect....but if you look at only negative, you will see ONLY negative...this girl might never be "beautiful" on the outside...but she will always be so on the inside, and that's where the real value of a human lies.

I'm tired, so sorry if this doesn't make much sense. LOL

Anyway, thank God for all you wonderful people.

~Scarlet~

PS. I wish to add that yes, there are *some* times when parents do things they shouldn't, and they end up with a baby who has problems (taking drugs while pregnant, etc.). But the exceptions don't make the rule. *grin*

two things you said

this girl might never be "beautiful" on the outside - Because of the timing she is born.. I am 100 % certain she will be, eventually.

but she will always be so on the inside - Have you seen a human on the inside, its disgusting hmm.gif

Edited by whoa182

Whoa182....I was speaking as to her whole being -- her soul, I guess, not her LITERAL insides. LOL. Of course, I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic (it's hard to tell without emoticons or something...) or not.

And despite all our technology, no one can be *completely* sure that they can make her as *perfect* as a lot of people seem to think everyone should be -- like how the media portrays "beauty".

But I say, no matter what, I'm sure she *will* be beautiful.

~Scarlet~

PS -- Hey, I said I was tired last nite, so... cool.gif

Whoa182....I was speaking as to her whole being -- her soul, I guess, not her LITERAL insides. LOL. Of course, I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic (it's hard to tell without emoticons or something...) or not.

And despite all our technology, no one can be *completely* sure that they can make her as *perfect* as a lot of people seem to think everyone should be -- like how the media portrays "beauty".

But I say, no matter what, I'm sure she *will* be beautiful.

~Scarlet~

PS -- Hey, I said I was tired last nite, so...  cool.gif

507464[/snapback]

I knew what you meant.. I was just kidding hehe rofl.gif

But based on what I Know thats being developed today and how fast things are moving, Im confident that things like this will easily put right... But we'll see thumbsup.gif

Edited by whoa182

oh....she has really pretty blue eyes... i hope she get all of the surgeries and has a happy life along with her loving family

• 1 month later...

Hello,

My name is Aurora and I am a student of the Barlaeus Gymnasium, located in Amsterdam. I plan to study molecular sciences within a year or two, genetics being my main interest. I recently found an article about Juliana.

I hope, with all my heart, our medical skills will improve within time. Maybe we will be able to reconstruct bones and tissue one day and give people with the Treacher Collins syndrome a face based on the genetic material of their own body...? hmm.gif

My main concern is not the "beauty" of her face (in fact I think that's rather irrelevant), but the ability to perform basic activities other human beings can. My personal main concerns are:

#1. her inability to breath on her own

#2. her inability to talk

#3. her inability to eat or drink

#4. the lack of protection of her eyes; imagine how vulnerable they are when not protected by the skull...

Of course, I can well-imagine the great emotional impact. sad.gif After observing her in that video I'd say she has an average intelligence level, so I wouldn't be surprised if she would develop emotional issues when she grows older. I hope she will be able to stand her ground, regardless if science can prove itself useful to her or not. I also hope/pray they will not damage any braintissue during all these operations. She and her parents have my blessings and I hope they will pull through these difficult times. sad.gif

thats horrible, i hope they can reconstuct her

ohmy.gif wow...this is the first time I have ever heard of anything like this...thats awfull...I hope they can help her.

I bet the couple must have thought or done something really wrong in their life for the universal justice to punish in such a way.

375133[/snapback]

It's not punishing the parents as much as it is the child. Why punish someone who hasn't done anything?

Anyway, that is really sad. When that little girl said she was disgusting, I would have had a few choice words to say to her mother about manners. no.gif Anyway, that is really sad. I hope that someday they will be able to help her...