Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama's former pilot recalls UFO encounter

UM-Bot

Veteran pilot Andrew Danziger experienced something unexplained during a flight from Kansas City in 1989.

Danziger and his captain Bruce had been on a flight to Waterloo, Iowa when they became aware of a partially obscured white disc-shaped object a short distance away from their plane.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...s-ufo-encounter

• Like 2

Really? you are flying a plane and cooly just plod along even though your plane is possibly being followed, in 1989 planes had been attacked, so I really think this would have been a complete mistake to just ignore what could have been there and not get air traffic control to at least get the military out to investigate.

Sorry, I just can not see this happening, and if it did, then the pilots where taking a massive chance by not pushing forward their concerns....jeeze, I hope they were not flying a passenger plane, would they really put them at risk?

Instead these 2 pilots decided to keep their encounter a secret to protect their careers?? If you are that sure you are not alone and there is something up there following you, I would hope if i were a passenger (and for the sake of other planes out there and their passengers) that the pilot would do their utmost to secure the skies were safe and insist something be done to look for whatever it was...NOT keep stump over it!!

• Like 3

Was the gold watch and a pension not enough for this man?

• Like 1

Obama is either two things. Extremely evil for not informing the public about the greatest discovery in mankind history, or he's a prisoner within his politics by a higher source of power.

I don't see why they bother hide this subject any longer. Everyone knows they exist.

Obama is either two of three things. Extremely evil for not informing the public about the greatest discovery in mankind history, or he's a prisoner within his politics by a higher source of power or he has no knowledge about UFO's

I don't see why they bother hide this subject any longer. Everyone knows they exist. But no one knows what UFO's are (that's why they are called UFO's), so there is nothing to hide.

Fixed a few mistakes for you.

• Like 5

I bet it was one of those fast moving weather balloons. :w00t:

• Like 2

Instead these 2 pilots decided to keep their encounter a secret to protect their careers??

Hi free, the article claims that the pilots did contact air traffic control.
The pair contacted air traffic control about what they'd witnessed but were told that nothing had been picked up on radar.
Both men ultimately decided to keep their encounter a secret to protect their careers and didn't share the tale with anyone again for over 25 years.
Well, they did report it. But decided to keep quite afterwards.

I wonder how many other pilots have witnessed this phenomena, and decided to keep quite, for fear of losing their careers by being made a laughing stock of?

This is not new :unsure2:

Edited by Astra-
  • Like 6

This guy gets called an idiot and a lier yet people are confused why someone wouldn't want to show their story

• Like 7

He's just a pilot, so he's an idiot.

:D

I wonder how many other pilots have witnessed this phenomena, and decided to keep quite, for fear of losing their careers by being made a laughing stock of?

Hence Capt. Kenju Terauchi

• Like 3

His account of this sighting is remarkably similar to the one given by the two Air Canada pilots in the Shag Harbor UFO incident. Most pilots never bother to file a report on things like this because they're too worried about silly things like keeping their job and their pension. Go figure.

Edited by Foil Hat Ninja
  • Like 3

And I don't know why the UM autocorrect keeps changing the word"duh-srip-shun"

to "deion." It's supposed to say "description." (See what I mean?) Sure, Deion Sanders was one of the greatest football players of all time, but he has nothing to do with UFOs. If he did, I'm sure that unlike the Air Force, he would have intercepted one and probably ran it back for a touchdown. Duh-scrip-shun.

Edited by Foil Hat Ninja
  • Like 1

Once the pilots reported the object and it was not on the radar, what would you expect them to do, create a scene, start dancing and howling?

A good pilot, would have been thinking - is there enough oxygen in this cabin? What's the air pressure in here? How many hours have we been flying? When was my last break? What did I eat or drink? How do I feel physically? How is my sight?

We are both seeing this? check, Check flight status, check instruments, etc. That would have taken about 15 minutes. Photos would not have proven anything, that would be passed off as reflection in the glass, or as someone said fast hot air balloon.

Then there's the protocols expected from pilots to the President. Are they to say nothing? "What will happen if we comment? Were we meant to see this? We'll pretend it did not happen to be safe."

If they had worked for a commercial airline before, it is likely they chose to say nothing to keep their jobs.

Edited by Starhunter
  • Like 2

Came across some more info in regards to the pilots sighting.

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.2177099

A minute or so later, from over the radio came, "Air Midwest , do you want to report a UFO?" We looked at each other for a couple seconds and Bruce nodded his head. "Yes sir, we do," I finally replied. "OK, take down this number and call when you get on the ground."

Obviously they again followed up with the UFO report once they had landed, and were given a "special" phone number to call.

After deplaning we called the number. "National UFO Reporting Center" said the voice from the other end. At the time I didn't even know such a place existed, but they took collect calls from pilots and air traffic controllers. Bruce told the person on the other end of the line that we wanted to report a UFO. We were interviewed separately, first the captain and then me.When my interview was finished, the man on the other end of the line said that we would never hear from him again, and would never receive any additional information this was going to be our first and only contact regarding this sighting.

re -underlined above : How typical in such cases as these...shhh! hush, hush...sweep it under the carpet - and all that :rolleyes:

I asked, "Can I ask just one question, do you think we're crazy, has anyone else ever reported something like this?"

The persons response below...

"Oh no, you're not crazy at all," he replied. "This very same thing has been reported by pilots countless times."
And while neither of us had any idea what we had seen, one thing we were certain of, it wasn't from here.

Our airline had no official UFO policy (nor did any that I ever worked for), but at the time we were both young with long and promising careers in front of us. We knew through the grapevine that pilots weren't supposed to talk about UFOs so we swore the station agent on duty to secrecy and agreed not to talk about our incident to any of our co-workers.

:geek:

• Like 1

Hi Astra, yes I saw that, my point was they did not press hard enough. Air traffic control said they saw nothing, at that stage the pilots should have insisted there was = for the safety of everyone.

As I said, there had been attacks on planes and who knows what non detectable devises they had then, could have been some form of a stealth? The pilots should not left it at that!

Came across some more info in regards to the pilots sighting.

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.2177099

Obviously they again followed up with the UFO report once they had landed, and were given a "special" phone number to call.

re -underlined above : How typical in such cases as these...shhh! hush, hush...sweep it under the carpet - and all that :rolleyes:

:geek:

A classic response from the authorities to the pilots. i don't believe the call was from a UFO interest group.

I am going to work out what the cloud distortion was caused by. It seems unusual, but then again it's a recent sighting, so it could be something new. A lot has changed since the mid 90's.

Edited by Starhunter
  • Like 1

Hi Astra, yes I saw that, my point was they did not press hard enough. Air traffic control said they saw nothing, at that stage the pilots should have insisted there was = for the safety of everyone.

As I said, there had been attacks on planes and who knows what non detectable devises they had then, could have been some form of a stealth? The pilots should not left it at that!

Yes, I understand what you are saying...and of course you are right.

But since it was such an unusual encounter in what they had witnessed...they were probably in awe of it - trying to understand it - before making contact with air traffic control.

If memory serves right, the phenomena started out as simply an obscured whitish object through some clouds.

So they obviously didn't feel threatened at that point.

When they did speak to air traffic control, the pilots were told there was nothing at all on the radar...only their craft.

As far as I know there was no mention of passengers on the plane ?

Assuming there was......I wonder if any of them had witnessed this as well ?

Edited by Astra-
  • Like 2

A classic response from the authorities to the pilots.

Yes, I'd say typical.

i don't believe the call was from a UFO interest group

Yes, it sounded rather suspicious from what was said to them.

Although, I'm not really that surprised.

I am going to work out what the cloud distortion was caused by.

How ? once you have worked it out...please share :)

It seems unusual, but then again it's a recent sighting, so it could be something new. A lot has changed since the mid 90's.

Sorry, I'm not totally sure what you mean Star. But don't forget, this incident took place just over 25 years ago.

Even so, it's pretty awesome, that other credible people, have just now come forward, to tell of their experience.

~ Below is a video in which portrays special visual effects of what the pilots had described concerning their encounter ~

• Like 1

Yes, I understand what you are saying...and of course you are right.

But since it was such an unusual encounter in what they had witnessed...they were probably in awe of it - trying to understand it - before making contact with air traffic control.

If memory serves right, the phenomena started out as simply an obscured whitish object through some clouds.

So they obviously didn't feel threatened at that point.

When they did speak to air traffic control, the pilots were told there was nothing at all on the radar...only their craft.

As far as I know there was no mention of passengers on the plane ?

Assuming there was......I wonder if any of them had witnessed this as well ?

1: Alleged encounter. :whistle:

2: You would think someone would have, if it were a passenger plane. Maybe this story can jog some memories, but something like that would have been mentioned if witnessed by others at the time. shrug_n.gif

• Like 1

His account of this sighting is remarkably similar to the one given by the two Air Canada pilots in the Shag Harbor UFO incident. Most pilots never bother to file a report on things like this because they're too worried about silly things like keeping their job and their pension. Go figure.

Why bother reporting a flock of birds fueled on swampgas.

If one crashes in my street with living walking talking bodies (no rubber suits) ill take it in consideration....til then.....man s not the only one who can make you see something thats not really there.:)