Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama's former pilot recalls UFO encounter

UM-Bot

How ? once you have worked it out...please share :)

Sorry, I'm not totally sure what you mean Star. But don't forget, this incident took place just over 25 years ago.

Even so, it's pretty awesome, that other credible people, have just now come forward, to tell of their experience.

~ Below is a video in which portrays special visual effects of what the pilots had described concerning their encounter ~

Thanks for the extra info.

I thought that it occurred with the current President,... but 25 years ago, I just don't know about the bright red glowing ball, which at night would be orange I suppose, then I can relate to what it is, but not red. 40 minutes is a very long sighting, The cloud distortion was not mentioned in this video.

The orange glow seen at night is usually the air around the craft releasing energy in the form of light. The craft moves and works by lowering its own energy status, which causes a rejection of energy. This energy is absorbed by the atmosphere around it, causing the water droplets in the clouds to break apart into vapor. That may also explain why the cloud seemed to break apart.

• Like 1

If one crashes in my street with living walking talking bodies (no rubber suits) ill take it in consideration....til then.....man s not the only one who can make you see something thats not really there.

What?

• Like 4

What?

I second that.

BTW: welcome to UM zac509, hope your 2nd post will explain your 1st. :tu:

• Like 2

The Pilot(s) , on passenger planes could have a load of witnesses if they spotted something unusual by turning on the cabin audio, and saying to passengers, This is the Captain, if any passengers sitting in window seats are interested, there is an unusual craft/cloud/sight on your side (right/left) of this aircraft ,you may take pictures if you wish ,thankyou..This would enable Pilots to report the incident and have Proof.

• Like 3

If one crashes in my street with living walking talking bodies (no rubber suits) ill take it in consideration... :)

tumblr_lhq0jjcfwr1qa87pq.png

" What's wrong with rubber suits" ???

• Like 2

Thanks for the extra info.

The orange glow seen at night is usually the air around the craft releasing energy in the form of light. The craft moves and works by lowering its own energy status, which causes a rejection of energy. This energy is absorbed by the atmosphere around it, causing the water droplets in the clouds to break apart into vapor. That may also explain why the cloud seemed to break apart.

Thanks for the scientific evaluation Starhunter......it really explains a lot.

:D

• Like 2

The Pilot(s) , on passenger planes could have a load of witnesses if they spotted something unusual by turning on the cabin audio, and saying to passengers, This is the Captain, if any passengers sitting in window seats are interested, there is an unusual craft/cloud/sight on your side (right/left) of this aircraft ,you may take pictures if you wish ,thankyou..This would enable Pilots to report the incident and have Proof.

I'd prefer that the pilot did not say or report anything to air traffic control, unless he had a back up on the ground who would recognize a code word recorded on the black box. I would prefer that the pilot acted like he saw nothing, and I would not want the passengers to know anything, improving my chances of making to the ground in one piece.

The visibility of these craft is often unintentional, and only due to the typical differences in the state of matter which occur in the atmosphere. If it is decided that there are too many witnesses and recordings, the plane and those on board are expendable.

If one crashes in my street with living walking talking bodies (no rubber suits) ill take it in consideration....til then.....man s not the only one who can make you see something thats not really there. :)

You would not be suited to do crime investigations, in almost every case they don't see anything in the event. Yet even if there is no physical evidence, there are a dozen other ways to catch a crim.

The "Seeing is believing" mentality is for people who don't use their brains to understand the world.

If one crashes in your street and you don't believe it, then you have a hoax as far as you're concerned. If it is too bizarre you might think you're crazy. And if you're the only one who sees it, you'll be hospitalized if you tell anyone, or if not, people will not believe anything you say, and you may think you were hallucinating.

By the way, if you do see a crashed one, don't go anywhere near it or even in sight, because you'll probably won't find out why.

I'd prefer that the pilot did not say or report anything to air traffic control, unless he had a back up on the ground who would recognize a code word recorded on the black box. I would prefer that the pilot acted like he saw nothing, and I would not want the passengers to know anything, improving my chances of making to the ground in one piece.

The visibility of these craft is often unintentional, and only due to the typical differences in the state of matter which occur in the atmosphere. If it is decided that there are too many witnesses and recordings, the plane and those on board are expendable.

Starhunter, I think 'spud tha mackem's' post was meant to be a tongue - in - cheek thing - by making a point :)

I actually found it rather humerous :P

• Like 2

Starhunter, I think 'spud tha mackem's' post was meant to be a tongue - in - cheek thing - by making a point :)

How naive can I be?

We are only speculating that it was a passenger plane that they had been flying back then.

In the video, it depicts an A380 Airbus. But that may have been presented for special effects ?

If someone else can find out what type of craft they were flying...please chime in.

It may have been a cargo plane of sorts, or even a private jet they were flying ?

Don't know for sure... :unsure2:

• Like 1

Why are they expendable,and who is going to "expend" them.

I don't do it all the time, but I've got to stop "winding people up", as some get really cross.
  • Like 2

I don't do it all the time, but I've got to stop "winding people up", as some get really cross.

Without knowing you better, I have to take words on face value first, since people do post such stuff. Even so, what you said was not unreasonable.

• Like 1

I agree, the pilots saw a UFO and lots of people see UFOs. The idea that the government runs around *whacking* UFO witnesses is kind of silly.

• Like 3

I agree, the pilots saw a UFO and lots of people see UFOs. The idea that the government runs around *whacking* UFO witnesses is kind of silly.

CUE THE MEN IN BLACK!

Sorry, just had to get that in....first. :w00t:

• Like 2

I don't want to answer those Qs. As far as some organizations are concerned anyone is expendable if they threaten to expose them or force an enquirery.

yeah but it is funny

Indeedy+_6c1639c86e94837cffb0fd2585439559.gif

• Like 1

I've seen a UFO...I've talked about it for quite literally decades. I've never been threatened by men in black or anyone for that matter. As for commercial pilots who see UFOs being put on 'desk duty' that I can believe...but being 'rubbed out' not so much.

• Like 2

There have been reports of ufos by multiple witnesses but there's always some so called logical explanations for them.

Such as the Hudson Valley Sightings between 1981-95. http://youtu.be/yfevVrSDb-g

• Like 2

I know people, including family that saw the boomerang. When I told them the official explanation they laughed.

I know people, including family that saw the boomerang. When I told them the official explanation they laughed.

If you're referring to the Hudson Valley Sightings, The ultralight theory is flawed because the witnesses said the objects

they saw were silent and ultralights are quite loud and not allowed to fly at night.

If you're referring to the Hudson Valley Sightings, The ultralight theory is flawed because the witnesses said the objects

they saw were silent and ultralights are quite loud and not allowed to fly at night.

Indeed it is flawed Hawkin. Its down right ridiculous. Just way to many people who don't know each other, who claimed to have seen the same exact thing. Coast to coast did a really good show on it not to long ago.

Since it was an evening flight, and if it was full of passengers. I wonder if many people had their window shutters up/down?

I know when I have flown at night, I usually close my shutter, as there really isn't much to see at high altitude when it's dark.

Also, depending where you are seated on the plane (window seat mainly)...the strobe lights from the crafts wings can be a pain.

Most passengers, either hunker down with a book, watch a movie, or have a snooze :sleepy:

It could be another reason why there was no mention of passengers [if any] seeing what the the pilots saw ?

Anyway, just a thought...

It was about 8 PM when we had just taken off from Kansas City International Airport bound for Waterloo, Iowa.
Edited by Astra-
  • Like 1

Since it was an evening flight, and if it was full of passengers. I wonder if many people had their window shutters up/down?

I know when I have flown at night, I usually close my shutter, as there really isn't much to see at high altitude when it's dark.

Also, depending where you are seated on the plane (window seat mainly)...the strobe lights from the crafts wings can be a pain.

Most passengers, either hunker down with a book, watch a movie, or have a snooze :sleepy:

It could be another reason why there was no mention of passengers [if any] seeing what the the pilots saw ?

Anyway, just a thought...

When pilots see a ufo it seems they don't get on the intercom to let the passengers know. Maybe they don't want to alarm

them and it could be possible pilots are not allowed to do that.

• Like 2