Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How do Ghost view us?

jamesjr191

Im serious here and ive put alot of thought into this subject but of course no anwers. If ghost do exist, are they reaching out to us? Are they fearful when they suspect we are near them? it could work for them as it does us, we (they) see through a dark glass. Or do they feel disturbed and uncomfortable. I suppose this has come up before but i dont recall reading it.

• Like 1

I guess we will have to die before we can answer this.

Ghosts do exist.

• Like 1

Perhaps they view themselves as ethereal wisps and view our world as we see it.

Ask a medium, they seem to talk to them apparently....they can ask them direct and then come on here and tell us.

Will go to bed know and be back on later in day to read their bs answers.

• Like 1

I doubt there would be one sweeping opinion on the subject. I mean, if ghosts are spirits of the deceased and they are anything like they used to be, people can't agree on much.

I know what people think about spirit boxes, but I have one. I can tell you that I've heard everything from a disinterested, Rose...f off, to Rose, we love Rose...don't leave us. And a lot of stuff in between. Whatever or whoever they might be, they certainly seem to differ on the subject of at least me.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1

Speculation.

Ghost in the shell exists, I have seen it on multiple occasions over the years;

• Like 1

In some movies and tv shows it is speculated that ghosts can move through things, like walls, people, etc... funny though how they don't go through floors lol...

• Like 4

In some movies and tv shows it is speculated that ghosts can move through things, like walls, people, etc... funny though how they don't go through floors lol...

One of my favorite observations on ghosts or out of body experiences is that they describe moving through walls like sliding through warmish jelly. Which is utterly amazing when you consider that both situations require you to leave your central nervous system someplace other than where you are.

• Like 1

To really be a disembodied spirit would involve total sensory deprivation, since one would be without sense organs. To be something we might detect, and that might detect us, we have to assume they have some physical aspects of some sort (as mentioned above at least the ability to keep from falling through the floor).

• Like 1

The only theoretical explination ive found remotely believable for the "ghost" phenomenon, (and im using the term "believable" very loosely) is that certain minerals/elements under certain conditions have the ability to record and store extremely stressful and emotional moments, like a foot print in the sand and that certain individuals are sensitive to this and seem to pick up on it with either a glimpse or a feeling of what was!

We can store information on silicone chips so there is a possibility that this recording of information can happen in nature aswell!

So by that definition the Ghosts are nothing more than recordings of what was!

And are technically no more aware of you than a movie star on a film you are watching

??

Edited by Father Merrin
  • Like 2

I kinda like Casper's explanation -- he's composed of the stuff you feel when your skin tingles.

try putting an egg in a jar and imagining that your the egg in the jar looking out.

Or perhaps just climb into a large jar?

If you do, is it okay if I put the lid on?

Promise I'll poke air holes in it.

Harte

Suppose that (some) ghosts are indeed our selves, stripped from a physical form, and retain at least rudimentary memory of the former physical existence, then I don't see why they wouldn't see us as one of their kind. The ones with imposed limitations, perhaps ;)

From a very old book I read, along with some other books of similar vintage, and my own automatic writing (not surprisingly, turned out to support this), "ghosts" see the physical world as a shadowy, indistinct collection of shapes and objects, mostly differentiated by colors and intensities of light.

Mediums and sensitives and any holy relics or divining practices or "portals" such as Ouija boards, are like a candle in the window and shine an unknown distance, potentially drawing discarnate spirits forward, to see the blazing dynamic entities of liquid energy sitting around say a Ouija board or seance table. They don't generally "see" in the visual way - they see auras or spirits, and similar illumination from occult items like Ouija boards. They can see flares of light in an otherwise dark, essentially blind "space" in which they exist. Most of the time, spirits are not aware of each other, even if many are claimed to be present at a location at the same time.

Each person passed from life alone and crosses over and reawakens alone, and so basically their mindset is a delusion that allows them to see no other fellow departedThis changes when living board users or automatists manage t suggest these situations of multiple spirits present, and suddenly the assembled spirits nearby become at least vaguely aware of each other, to carry on conversations with each other or the users, and cooperate to try to join forces to try to help the users, usually keep negative energies away from the living.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

What sort of sense organs could they have? Eyes? Pupils and lenses and optic nerve and a brain to process incoming electromagnetic signals?

I wonder if you know what "EMF" is. The question was, do ghosts have eyes -- well, I suppose they do if they can detect EMF since that is light. So again we are back to the question of how does a non-material entity detect such material phenomena. (Suggestion: don't surround what you say in arcane gobbledygook and maybe you will be able to think more clearly).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The only theoretical explination ive found remotely believable for the "ghost" phenomenon, (and im using the term "believable" very loosely) is that certain minerals/elements under certain conditions have the ability to record and store extremely stressful and emotional moments, like a foot print in the sand and that certain individuals are sensitive to this and seem to pick up on it with either a glimpse or a feeling of what was!

We can store information on silicone chips so there is a possibility that this recording of information can happen in nature aswell!

So by that definition the Ghosts are nothing more than recordings of what was!

And are technically no more aware of you than a movie star on a film you are watching

??

Ah yes Tom Lethbridge's ghoul or stone tape recording theory, one that seems to hold a fair bit of weight. Personally it seems to be as mix of Lethbridge's and Kardec's theories

• Like 1

I believe they see us as we are, they just can't interact as they once did because they're the ones "stuck." I believe some do try and get our attention, others are mean because of their nature, and some don't even realize they've died. Just my opinion.