Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Robot chef' aimed at home kitchen

Still Waters

A London-based company has launched a prototype "robo-chef" for the home.

Moley Robotics is demonstrating its concept at this year's Hannover Messe - a big trade fair for industrial technology held annually in Germany.

The cooking machine learns by capturing the movements of a human in the action of preparing a meal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...onment-32282131

Well that just takes the fun out of it! :P Cooking needs love! Everything will just taste manufactured and fake

• Like 2

Once its mastered the cooking and cleaning the dirty dishes, it will sell like hotcakes.

Many woman (and some men) who would rather spend their time shopping or down the gym, the list is endless, would love this.

I do not have an interest in cooking, i only do it to survive, so this kind of gadget would be right up my street.. ...wonder if they could stick an iron on it somewhere too.

Well that just takes the fun out of it! :P Cooking needs love! Everything will just taste manufactured and fake

Not sure about fake, It will be using real ingredients, we already have coffee machines which make pretty good tasting coffee, they just do not wash themselves. This is like a super dooper advancement with that kind of technology and it has a fridge and dishwasher....thats just cool for us non cookers...like the coffee machine, all we got to do is supply the ingredients.

The goal is to produce a consumer version costing £10,000.

this is a different sort of "home kitchen" than the kind i have been in, i think