Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What are you playing right now?

seaturtlehorsesnake

Went through the opening of Tomb Raider, the Definitive Edition earlier. Think I'm going to like it. Anyone else played?

Played a few games of Battlefront 2 as well. I might hate EA, but damn that game is so much fun.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Went through the opening of Tomb Raider, the Definitive Edition earlier. Think I'm going to like it. Anyone else played?

Yep. I enjoyed it.

I remember playing the original Tomb Raider back in 1996. Lara's sure come a long way! :lol:

tr-comparo.jpg

I need to get back to the PS4, I've also got Rise of the Tomb Raider waiting to be played.

Currently playing Path of Exile on the PC, but it's evil ARPG grindiness is finally killing my will to live :wacko:

Other than that, Horizon: Zero Dawn on the PS4 looks kinda tempting!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, LV-426 said:

Other than that, Horizon: Zero Dawn on the PS4 looks kinda tempting!

There are a few games that I'm waiting until I get a pro before playing. H: ZD is one of them. 

I can't wait until around 5 years down the line when 4k TVs, HDR and the new generation of consoles with (I hope) native 60fps are all mainstream. It will be glorious. 

• Like 1

I'm @ 50% on Shadow of War and after three fortresses, it's becoming quite repetitive. 

Though that Eltariel DLC looks good, my son dl'd that this morning.  Dual short swords will be good Orc slaughtering fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, quiXilver said:

I'm @ 50% on Shadow of War and after three fortresses, it's becoming quite repetitive. 

Wait till the end part... Probably the most repetitive game I have ever played.. 
I actually thought it would never end so I googled it and saw that it had an end.. wont spoil it for ya :) 

• Like 1

Now I think I will finaly stop playing GTAV on PS4.
Yesterday I fired a homing missile by accident  :innocent:  :whistle: on a guy with jetpack.
It sent me to the badsport pool for 8 months and 13 days  ZZZZZZZzzzzzzz

• Like 1

Can't stop playing Battlefront 2. Send help.

• Like 1

Back to Port Royale but imagine my surprise when i found that Port Royale 3 was actually made, with quite a few DLC's and one larger update named Treasure Island.

Currently i am evaluating if Carthage and Turk Islands would make use of resources from Coro, maybe... Thinking of using my fleet of Liners to take the city but risk of being vilified by world powers is quite high so i will need to stock up more money. 

• Like 1

Does anyone else play BF2 on the PS4? If so, gimme a message and we can group up. I'm pretty good, so you'll not have to carry me or anything.

Finished Tomb Raider today. Loved it. Great story, beautiful scenery, interesting world building and fun combat. Not to mention a great lead. Can't wait to play the next one.

I also finished the prologue for MGS 5 tonight and this game looks like it could be great too. So I'll mostly be playing that and Battlefront 2 for the next week or two.

Anyone played Mirror's edge: Catalyst? It's only £5 on the PS Store. Thinking about buying it while it's so cheap.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1

I’ve played a lot since I last posted here. Haven’t finished much but have played a lot. I’ve also had a bit of a renaissance with phone apps lately. Been dabbling with this survival game app called DayR One. It’s a crafting survival game that looks basic and looks boring on its face but man does it keep you on your toes while you’re playing. I’ve read that it’s originally on PC too.

Mostly though I’ve just discovered Fortnite on PS4. Its free to play without PlayStation plus. It’s very fun, frustrating too in a challenging way. I enjoy the crap out of it. Anyone play? I’ve com to find out that it’s probably the most popular online game out there. It’s 100 players on a huge map with an ever shrinking storm that forces the last survivors together.

• Like 1

On 22/02/2018 at 1:32 AM, F3SS said:

I’ve played a lot since I last posted here. Haven’t finished much but have played a lot. I’ve also had a bit of a renaissance with phone apps lately. Been dabbling with this survival game app called DayR One. It’s a crafting survival game that looks basic and looks boring on its face but man does it keep you on your toes while you’re playing. I’ve read that it’s originally on PC too.

Mostly though I’ve just discovered Fortnite on PS4. Its free to play without PlayStation plus. It’s very fun, frustrating too in a challenging way. I enjoy the crap out of it. Anyone play? I’ve com to find out that it’s probably the most popular online game out there. It’s 100 players on a huge map with an ever shrinking storm that forces the last survivors together.

I downloaded Fortnite and played it a couple of times. It's so small on the disk and because it's free I know it can sit there for when I'm ready. Had so many different games to play that it always gets put to the back of the queue. I do plan on playing though.

I've been playing Metal Gear Solid 5. I didn't think I'd like it as much as I do. I'm 29 hours in and having a great time but I seem to suck at stealth. In all games that is.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I downloaded Fortnite and played it a couple of times. It's so small on the disk and because it's free I know it can sit there for when I'm ready. Had so many different games to play that it always gets put to the back of the queue. I do plan on playing though.

I've been playing Metal Gear Solid 5. I didn't think I'd like it as much as I do. I'm 29 hours in and having a great time but I seem to suck at stealth. In all games that is.

I’ve been kind of hooked on Fortnite so be careful it might disengage you from other games. It’s one of those games where you just need one more try fifteen more times.

I played a bit of MGS5 and I don’t think I gave it enough of a chance. I was surprised to find it was an open world game. I didn’t know that going in. Skyrim kind of ruined a lot of open world games for me. It was so alive everywhere you went while many other big map games I’ve played seem so void of life until you arrive at the next mission which often gets repetitive to quick and I got the sense that MG missions weren’t too varied. Perhaps I was wrong?

Finished MGS 5 last night only for it to make 20 more missions available! I loved every single mission though, so, after a break, I'll get back to it. It's such an immersive game.

For now I'll just be playing Battlefront and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood. Chugging through that backlog.

Also had cravings for The Witcher. I still have both DLCs to finish, but I want to wait until I get the PS4 Pro to enjoy it in all its 4k glory. Probably next month before I can afford one.

On 24/02/2018 at 1:12 AM, F3SS said:

was surprised to find it was an open world game

It's only open world if you play it that way. You can call a chopper to pick you up to go to whatever area you want, and it usually picks you up automatically after each main story mission.

It's actually not too repetitive, or at least it doesn't feel that way. There are just so many ways you can complete missions. Stealth, guns, rocket launchers, support helicopters, buddies who fight with you. Then you update your base and recruit soldiers and engineers and scientists. It's probably one of the best games I've ever played to be honest. And easily the best spy/stealth/espionage game by a mile. 

I'd give it another shot if I was you. It's usually on sale for around 8 quid, and I put in 50+ hours on the main story alone, so well worth the money.

• Like 1

Anyone playing Monster Hunter World?

I been playing Tetris too. Got it for like $2 on PS4 a few weeks ago. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, FLOMBIE said:

Tetris is probably the best game ever created. 

Definitely the best puzzler ever. I’ve been playing it in some form off and on for about 30 years now so that says something.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Definitely the best puzzler ever. I’ve been playing it in some form off and on for about 30 years now so that says something.

If I wouldn't break it up into certain genres, Tetris would be my favorite. Played it first on my Game Boy in late 1990, and I still have it on my phone and play it every other day. 

• Like 1

Toofargone I love your avatar.

You know what game I've wanted to play for a while is Sim Safari. I loved that game. Also the original Sim Farm was awesome. 

dug out Company of Heroes 2 - never really played it when I bought it - well just a little going through campaign and getting hammered in multi player by by son.