Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What are you playing right now?

seaturtlehorsesnake

41 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Same thing here. The mini has a few megaman games. I play Dr.mario mostly.

I'd like to think I could still handle some Dr. Mario 

11 minutes ago, F3SS said:

I'd like to think I could still handle some Dr. Mario 

It's still fun and mildly challenging. Good for relaxing really.

• Like 1

Looks like I'm going to pick up another board game rpg hybrid tomorrow.  

Was chatting with one of my old friends (not that that narrows it down, they're all old at this point).  He was one of my core geek pals, who used to regularly spend entire weekends sequestered inside playing DnD, Palladium, White Wolf scenarios in the 90's.  We had storylines that ran for yeeears.  Best times ever.

Anyway, he has a son about my boy's age and recommended what looks like another great board game/pen and paper hybrid.  This one is a tactical strategy/combat game combined with rpg elements.  1-4 players work cooperatively in missions that run about 2 hours each.  The scenarios involve in depth storylines that link together and moral choices influence the world and the outcome.  95 scenarios 17 character classes. 

Gloomhaven

• Like 1

i've heard good things about gloomhaven, but the price has always kept me away. hope it's fun!

Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2. Imperial storyline sucks but the Tyranid and Necron ones are great.

On 18-2-2019 at 7:41 PM, ExpandMyMind said:

Finished the original game and enjoyed it so much that I can't bring myself to complete the two expansions. I started them but I get that way with some games. I don't want it to end.

Blood & wine is one of the best expansions I have ever had the pleasure in playing.. And the Witcher 3 is one of the best games Ive played, ever.

RDR2 does come very close; I stopped playing because Arthur died.. I dropped the mic after that. Think I bonded too much emotionally. :D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Imperator Rome is good.

Quite a bit different from EU4, almost like they are after Rome Total War customers (without the battle scenes). Its a good game but things are different, it will take some learning for EU4 players.

• Like 1

stardew valley where i will continue to befriend yet refuse to romance anyone

it will be renamed buddytown

I've been playing Sunless Skies. It's an exploration/interactive story game where you are the captain of a steam engine shaped starship. Without spoiling anything it's set in a world where Queen Victoria led the British empire to abandon Earth and colonize several magical dimensions(?) where the stars are sinister Eldritch Abominations. You basically trade goods between various "ports", battle monsters, discover new places and follow various storylines.
It comes off as a bit corny/try hard in some places and is a bit stingy in giving you background information where, realistically your character should have said information, but it's very atmospheric. The only big letdown is, probably, that it's a 2D game set in space...so you should, in theory, be able to move in a 3D environment, but in reality you are stuck on your position on the z-axis and so is everything else.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2019 at 7:35 AM, Phaeton80 said:

Blood & wine is one of the best expansions I have ever had the pleasure in playing.. And the Witcher 3 is one of the best games Ive played, ever.

RDR2 does come very close; I stopped playing because Arthur died.. I dropped the mic after that. Think I bonded too much emotionally. :D

Right, Long live Arthur!  I knew it was coming because it was a prequel and John Marston was present and the lack of Arthur’s presence in part one, but the character development that Arthur displayed was amazing.  Hands down one of the best anti-hero protagonists in gaming imo.  

• Thanks 1

On 4/14/2019 at 8:35 AM, Phaeton80 said:

Witcher 3 kept me glued to my tv for 4 days straight once. Slept on the couch while for an hour or 2 at a time. That game is pure evil.

• Haha 1

Currently been playing some games on twitch like counterstrike go and league of legends. I'm surprised how time flies in one match of lol. Last game took me a hour.

• Like 1

The woman and I have been battling it out in Tetris Attack for a couple weeks now with no end in sight.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another play-through of Diablo II. One of the greatest RPG's ever. Great quest, memorable character's appropriate atmosphere, beautiful music, usable loot, and threatening intensity at times.

• Like 2

Retro gaming on the original big black box.

2412651-cropped.png

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Retro gaming on the original big black box.

2412651-cropped.png

yeah loved it! many hours;) i'm heavily into arma 3 right now

Terminator Salvation for Xbox 360.

9 hours ago, Scholar4Truth said:

Terminator Salvation for Xbox 360.

Hope that's better than the movie. Worst Terminator ever!

Just picked up up Bloodbowl 2. It's a warhammer, turn based strategy football game. A tutorial and one game in and it seems pretty legit so far.

After fun with Cities Skylines i am going to give Tropico 6 another try. Viva el presidente!

Left For Dead 2.