Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What are you playing right now?

seaturtlehorsesnake

Back on a For Honor rampage... been grinding pretty hard while I wait for another project to spring up for work.  Nearing the cap with Aramusha.  Peacekeeper, Kensei and Nobushi are all over 30.  Shao Lin, Hitokiri (my new favorite) and Orochi hovering at 15.  Raider, Berserker and Valkyrie hovering around 10.  Oh the glorious blood!

• Like 2

Playing Fallout 4 with over 200mods. Still exploring the map, have not moved with main story quest or factions quests

• Like 3

Playing count the days until Madden 2020 is released.

• Like 3

Also awaiting the arrival of another Hnefatafl set in the mail (better quality).  Hnefatafl is a Scandanavian board game from the 4th century onward.  It's a chess-like game where the White King's Army, in the center of the board, tries to protect the King to escape capture by the four Black Armies that surround them.  If the King makes it to a corner square he escapes, otherwise... Black wins.

ZHNEFA.jpg

There are actually quite a few game variations that can be played on the board.  Great camping game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Fate of the Norns arrived today. 

Card game of boasting and outbidding opponents using one of five clans of Aesir/Vanir Gods, Dwarves and Giants.

More game fodder for the Summer Road Trip.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi seaturtlehorsesnake and the rest! It has been a while. I am not playing anything right now as I am on a road trip (a road trip that has been prolonged due to taking care of old legal stuff while passing thru the Midwest), however I do have a PlayStation 1 in the trunk of my car and a copy of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. I might plug it in later. I want to play the new Igarashi-developed game, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night—SotN spiritual successor (even has Alucard in it, if not by name!)

It's been a crappy summer here so far so I've been playing The Nathan Drake Collection, which I bought along with Assassin's Creed Black Flag last week. The first Uncharted was fun but the second really seems to be a step up in quality. Such great games.

• Thanks 1

Just installed Star Wars Battlfront 2 with my old FX8350 (8cores) from 2012, combined with a RX580 8GB its rocking the game almost max out (dont care about shadows or post effects)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, godnodog said:

Just installed Star Wars Battlfront 2 with my old FX8350 (8cores) from 2012, combined with a RX580 8GB its rocking the game almost max out (dont care about shadows or post effects)

That game is brilliant. Seriously, I played it non stop for months after it came out. Such a great shooter and it looks beautiful. I think I'll look out for it once it's on sale again, because they've added quite a lot to the game since I last played.

• Thanks 1

On 7/5/2019 at 1:04 PM, ExpandMyMind said:

That game is brilliant. Seriously, I played it non stop for months after it came out. Such a great shooter and it looks beautiful. I think I'll look out for it once it's on sale again, because they've added quite a lot to the game since I last played.

The Endor Map is one if not the most beautiful map I´ve ever seen.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lately I've been playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey with Alexios!  Great storyline, great scenery, great setting of ancient Greece.  Loving it, except.......

Spoiler

I'm at up to a questline with Medusa and she keeps kicking my butt! 

:lol: 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2019 at 2:27 AM, ExpandMyMind said:

It's been a crappy summer here so far so I've been playing The Nathan Drake Collection, which I bought along with Assassin's Creed Black Flag last week. The first Uncharted was fun but the second really seems to be a step up in quality. Such great games.

I just bought a PS4 last night from JB Hifi here which included an Unchartered 1,2 3 and 4 Bundle (and I'd never heard of these games before, so good to see some feedback on them, thanks!), along with God of War and Red Dead Redemption 2.  About to get started now on God of War.  Pretty excited here! :w00t: 

Should prob notify let @Phaeton80 know too - thankyou! 

Edited by pixiii
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, pixiii said:

I just bought a PS4 last night from JB Hifi here which included an Unchartered 1,2 3 and 4 Bundle (and I'd never heard of these games before, so good to see some feedback on them, thanks!), along with God of War and Red Dead Redemption 2.  About to get started now on God of War.  Pretty excited here! :w00t: 

Jesus, that was quick. You don't **** around.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, pixiii said:

Hahaha have fun Pixiii, think you got some really good titles there, although regarding Unchartered its based on hearsay, never played those myself.

Let me know what your experiences are with RDR2... Well probably wont see you here again for several weeks, estranged from your hubby/family, sleep deprived and dazed. :D

• Thanks 1

Takken 3.

13 hours ago, Phaeton80 said:

Hahaha have fun Pixiii, think you got some really good titles there, although regarding Unchartered its based on hearsay, never played those myself.

Let me know what your experiences are with RDR2... Well probably wont see you here again for several weeks, estranged from your hubby/family, sleep deprived and dazed. :D

Damnit I'm fumbling with this controller right now. :lol: I hated playing Sekiro on my pc with a controller, I just gave up.  But I'm gonna have to get used to this so I can play these games whether I like it or not. :P  

11 hours ago, pixiii said:

Damnit I'm fumbling with this controller right now. :lol: I hated playing Sekiro on my pc with a controller, I just gave up.  But I'm gonna have to get used to this so I can play these games whether I like it or not. :P  

I just got Spiderman, Days Gone and Zero Horizon after not playing for months.. I felt like one of those stumbling adults trying to keep up while we were kids, slinging into buildings and all that.. Made Spiderman look like a chump ^_^ Took a day or two to get back into it, got especially hooked on Days Gone, its got more or less all the traits I appreciate in a game (including but not limited to a post apocalyptic scenario, especially after Fallout '76 failed like it did..  didnt get my fix there).

• Like 1

On 3-6-2019 at 9:29 PM, godnodog said:

Playing Fallout 4 with over 200mods. Still exploring the map, have not moved with main story quest or factions quests

Did you play it before without the mods? Meaning; is it worth it to replay it with these mods?

2 hours ago, Phaeton80 said:

Did you play it before without the mods? Meaning; is it worth it to replay it with these mods?

I never play bathesda games without mods, its just meh. Without mods the game feels empty, ugly and boring.

And there are some aspects I dont like, like radiation or weight carry limits but thats me.

For example I have zombies instead of gouls, I have enhanced factions, floral overhaul etc. I also play as Nate with Nora as companion, having more 3 followers makes a small army, add the mod for balanced enemies its a group of 5 vs 20 enemies, a small battle zone.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, godnodog said:

I never play bathesda games without mods, its just meh. Without mods the game feels empty, ugly and boring.

And there are some aspects I dont like, like radiation or weight carry limits but thats me.

For example I have zombies instead of gouls, I have enhanced factions, floral overhaul etc. I also play as Nate with Nora as companion, having more 3 followers makes a small army, add the mod for balanced enemies its a group of 5 vs 20 enemies, a small battle zone.

Vanilla game does feel empty when compared. Weightless items, i can't play it without that mod.

There are also mods which make you start at other point in the game so you do not have to replay everything from the start. Most fun i had by going early into Far Harbor. Enemies there, those fog crawlers, they hit so hard and on harder difficulties it can get frustrating like Dark Souls :D Especially if you are sort of naked in terms of equipment and weapons. But you do not need mods to get into DLC early. It was more than worth it for me @Phaeton80

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

Vanilla game does feel empty when compared. Weightless items, i can't play it without that mod.

There are also mods which make you start at other point in the game so you do not have to replay everything from the start. Most fun i had by going early into Far Harbor. Enemies there, those fog crawlers, they hit so hard and on harder difficulties it can get frustrating like Dark Souls :D Especially if you are sort of naked in terms of equipment and weapons. But you do not need mods to get into DLC early. It was more than worth it for me @Phaeton80

That´s why I have a small army ehehe

• Haha 1

On 6/30/2019 at 12:27 PM, ExpandMyMind said:

I'm playing Origins myself right now.

Black Flag is my favorite of the series by far!

• Like 1

On 7/5/2019 at 1:04 PM, ExpandMyMind said:

I´m only interested in single player, tried the multiplayers with bots just to check the map. I hate multiplayer.
One of the reasons I play solo is so that I can observe the work of art made by the graphics designers. SWB2 is gorgeous, specially Endor.
What is the point of having stunning graphics if you can only play competitive multiplayer? It's like going to a art museum while in a bicycle race, you can say the track is lovely but can you say you saw the paintings?
I have nothing against multiplayer, just not for me.
The worst part is the insanity that the overwhelming AAA games seem to be mostly online multiplayer only with microtransactions. Younger players helped ruining the gaming industry imo.

Edited by godnodog
  • Like 1

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. 

• Thanks 1