Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What are you playing right now?

seaturtlehorsesnake

9 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:

Yeah, dont think I like this development.. Before you know it you can only play the up and coming games through 'a service', ie. forced to be 'connected'.. With all the mandatory 'data sharing' as a result.

I aint down with that. Then again, Im not down with a lot of all the 'convenient' developments these days.

It won't happen any time soon, in my opinion, after MS tried to go down the always-online road this gen and basically killed the Xbox One in competition with the PS4. I think you'll have the physical discs in the next gen for sure, but in 10 years people will be more connected than ever and with Google Stadia by then being 10 years old it might actually be more of the accepted norm to play online. 

I mean, it's essentially the same argument as buying DVDs and using Netflix, is it not? At some point convenience, choice and variety will win over.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

It won't happen any time soon, in my opinion, after MS tried to go down the always-online road this gen and basically killed the Xbox One in competition with the PS4. I think you'll have the physical discs in the next gen for sure, but in 10 years people will be more connected than ever and with Google Stadia by then being 10 years old it might actually be more of the accepted norm to play online. 

I mean, it's essentially the same argument as buying DVDs and using Netflix, is it not? At some point convenience, choice and variety will win over.

True, true. I guess it will be the norm in about 2 gens, thats why I used the term development. From a sellers point of view, its a golden egg.. Seems these companies are losing money with every console they sell, and they dont need to market new hardware every 6 years (and lose bucketloads of $ while doing so). Its a suppliers wet dream come true. Luckily, chances are we'll still have the good ol' 'Personal Computer', or something comparable.

Think playing online is the norm at this point already though, seems to me the percentage of gamers not playing online is the stark minority. Thats something completely different compared to gaming as a (streaming) service.

Edit: btw.. dislike Netflix as well. Im a tired old fart like that. :P

Edited by Phaeton80
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

It's fantastic. If you liked old Fallout games then this game is for you.

Serious question: by 'old' do you mean the Top-down perspective or the first person - like  New Vegas.

• Thanks 1

On 11/3/2019 at 3:05 PM, ExpandMyMind said:

Depending on how Google Stadia does

So, I came across this the other other day. I play games on PC - which requires a fairly hefty pc and graphics card as you'll all know. I don't use consoles as I am useless with the controllers.

Google Stadia has an appeal to me as when I next need a PC I could go for a lower spec and play on stadia.

I would be interested on others views on the 'Stadia' concept.

31 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

So, I came across this the other other day. I play games on PC - which requires a fairly hefty pc and graphics card as you'll all know. I don't use consoles as I am useless with the controllers.

Google Stadia has an appeal to me as when I next need a PC I could go for a lower spec and play on stadia.

I would be interested on others views on the 'Stadia' concept.

It's an amazing concept in theory. Playing games on a potato in 4k with max settings really appeals to me.

• Like 1

I Googled it after messaging you, Raymo, and apparently it was actually released yesterday and it's off to a rocky start. Maybe have a few more years before you can ditch the high-end PC.

Here's a good article I just read about all the issues as well as everything that's good about it: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-stadia-tech-review

The input lag is a deal-breaker for me at the moment. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RAyMO said:

Serious question: by 'old' do you mean the Top-down perspective or the first person - like  New Vegas.

New Vegas. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I Googled it after messaging you, Raymo, and apparently it was actually released yesterday and it's off to a rocky start. Maybe have a few more years before you can ditch the high-end PC.

Here's a good article I just read about all the issues as well as everything that's good about it: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-stadia-tech-review

The input lag is a deal-breaker for me at the moment. 

Thanks for the article - Overall I thought the review painted a very positive picture. I will definitely keep an eye on it.

I have to go back and keep my masteries up to date with the latest part of the story in Guild Wars 2.  It'll no doubt be another 3 hours that I'll never be able to get back.  Sigh. Wish me luck that it's over and done with asap. :P 

edit: omg Arenanet are making this game into a grind-fest.  I have to do full map meta activities to gain experience so I can actually put the points into my masteries so I'm up to date.  Talk about forcing the player to grind away in this mmorpg.  This is why I lose interest in it, as I'd just like to go about the maps and do my own thing, but no, you can't do it if you don't have the top mastery levels with all the goodies.  Sorry, over and out now! ;) 

Edited by Gwynbleidd

I can't take it anymore. 3 years after it's release and probably 5 years since playing it at all I'm finally downloading Skyrim Special Edition. This game has been the devil on my shoulder forever. I keep ignoring it but it never shuts up. I'm caving in!

• Haha 2

I've been playing SSE off and on since it launched, with about 60 mods loaded on the One X. I wish they'd give Oblivion over to the modders like this on console. Fat chance, now, since they're on their monetization kick. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

I've been playing SSE off and on since it launched, with about 60 mods loaded on the One X. I wish they'd give Oblivion over to the modders like this on console. Fat chance, now, since they're on their monetization kick. 

My first run(s) were on ps3 when it was new. My last runs were on PC with all kinds of mods. Some goofy ones like Batman as a follower. I've always been a 2 handed brute warrior but I think I'm going to do something different and go a full magic route this time. And my DL just finished! See ya lol

43 minutes ago, F3SS said:

My first run(s) were on ps3 when it was new. My last runs were on PC with all kinds of mods. Some goofy ones like Batman as a follower. I've always been a 2 handed brute warrior but I think I'm going to do something different and go a full magic route this time. And my DL just finished! See ya lol

I'm usually an archer, more often than not an Imperial Assassin. I don't use the silly or the girlie mods--no chainmail bikinis in my game. I like the environmental and DLC style mods like Beyond Skyrim, Bruma and a few others. I usually use a female character since--if I'm going to be looking at an avatar's behind for hundreds of hours, I'd rather it be a woman's.  My favorite vanilla armors are the Nordic and the Glass. Next time you're in the Winking Skeever, drinks are on me.

• Like 1

Wow, people are getting quite daring on Guild Wars 2 as of late.  I saw some sleazebag in map chat yesterday called, "Pixel Banger".  :lol:

14 hours ago, Gwynbleidd said:

Wow, people are getting quite daring on Guild Wars 2 as of late.  I saw some sleazebag in map chat yesterday called, "Pixel Banger".  :lol:

You must be new to the internet :lol:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, F3SS said:

You must be new to the internet :lol:

I'm feeling quite old when I see things like that and they're getting away with it!! Arenanet used to be strict about it once upon a time.  I've been hanging out with you guys too long now. :lol:

I remember my Canadian friend getting a warning to change his toon's name because he named it:  Igor Iripanippleoff to Igor Iripazippleoff.  His others included Coldsore Cathy, Suzie Siffillis, Herpes Helga.......I think he had a bit of an obsession looking back at those now.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Gwynbleidd said:

I'm feeling quite old when I see things like that and they're getting away with it!! Arenanet used to be strict about it once upon a time.  I've been hanging out with you guys too long now. :lol:

I remember my Canadian friend getting a warning to change his toon's name because he named it:  Igor Iripanippleoff to Igor Iripazippleoff.  His others included Coldsore Cathy, Suzie Siffillis, Herpes Helga.......I think he had a bit of an obsession looking back at those now.  

Those sound like the names of garbage pail kids. Remember those?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, F3SS said:

Those sound like the names of garbage pail kids. Remember those?

Oh wow I had to look those up - I don't know if they hit here in Oz or not.  I can't remember them, but my Canadian friend would certainly have seen them.  I'll be that's where he got his names from. lol

Edited by Gwynbleidd
  • Like 2

Is there a ´what are you watching right now´ thread?

Because damn.. anyone watched - watching ´The Boys´, ´The Mandalorian´ and ´Watchmen´ per chance?

Think these are three of the best series Ive ever seen.. Next to GoT, ofcourse. Loving those streaming services wars, keep ´em coming.. :D

(Thats not to say I dislike Netflix and its concept any less.. well, maybe just a little)

Edited by Phaeton80
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rocky for Playstation. 

• Like 1

Monster Hunter 4 ultimate (cost 10$) very cool.

• Like 2

WWF Smackdown.

On 11/27/2019 at 7:03 PM, Phaeton80 said:

Is there a ´what are you watching right now´ thread?

Because damn.. anyone watched - watching ´The Boys´, ´The Mandalorian´ and ´Watchmen´ per chance?

Think these are three of the best series Ive ever seen.. Next to GoT, ofcourse. Loving those streaming services wars, keep ´em coming.. :D

(Thats not to say I dislike Netflix and its concept any less.. well, maybe just a little)

The Boys was amazing, The Mandalorian is turning out to be quality and Watchmen hasn't quite grabbed me yet (I think I'll wait and watch them all once it's aired).

You should check out For All Mankind. By far my favourite show right now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Solitaire. 

• Like 1

Highly suggest that any PS Plus members pick up Titanfall 2 this month. Hands down one of the best shooters this console generation.

Speaking of shooters, I am actually greatly impressed with the new Modern Warfare, Very back to basics gameplay that works well.