Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What are you playing right now?

seaturtlehorsesnake

32 minutes ago, Bed of chaos said:

Playing Sekiro again tonight. This games kicking my ***. Hopefully new (GBA) game arrives tomorrow, Fire Emblem (sacred stones).

It's really hard. But it pays off.

I honestly think Sekiro is the most well designed game I've ever played 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

It's really hard. But it pays off.

I honestly think Sekiro is the most well designed game I've ever played 

It's great. I'm currently glad there's one alternate route available  (I think it leads to snake). Cause Lady butterfly's (second phase) wrecking me. 

Edited by Bed of chaos

• 2 weeks later...

The Last of Us, on the PS3. Never had a PS3, or  played any of it's exclusives. Now you can pick one up for a hundred and the games average five bucks a piece. So, I'm gaming on the cheap, now, playing all those exclusives. I must say, games optimized for the Cell processor look awesome, even on a 4K UHD screen!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Never had a PS3, or  played any of it's exclusives. Now you can pick one up for a hundred and the games average five bucks a piece. So, I'm gaming on the cheap, now, playing all those exclusives.

That is really the smart way to do it, I'm gradually moving to this approach.  There are a few hold-outs (GT5 I think still), but at least on PC the vast majority of games come down in price pretty radically if you just wait let's say a year to buy them or watch for sales, plus the version you get at that time usually includes lots of bug fixes and sometimes extra content that wasn't available at release.  The difference in graphics is just really not that great between a new and year-old game, and it's a lot easier to shrug at a $5 game you end up not liking than it is at one 10 times that cost.  I'm exclusively PC for my main gaming but have thought about doing the same thing as above to check out some of the exclusive games; I've heard The Last of Us is excellent but I'll probably never be able to play it on PC.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

That is really the smart way to do it, I'm gradually moving to this approach.  There are a few hold-outs (GT5 I think still), but at least on PC the vast majority of games come down in price pretty radically if you just wait let's say a year to buy them or watch for sales, plus the version you get at that time usually includes lots of bug fixes and sometimes extra content that wasn't available at release.  The difference in graphics is just really not that great between a new and year-old game, and it's a lot easier to shrug at a $5 game you end up not liking than it is at one 10 times that cost.  I'm exclusively PC for my main gaming but have thought about doing the same thing as above to check out some of the exclusive games; I've heard The Last of Us is excellent but I'll probably never be able to play it on PC.

You can get ps3s on ebay $100-150 dollars. Most used game stores sell the games cheap. You can buy game bundles on Ebay, too, as they're posted. Just check the games out first, as a lot of bundles can be top-heavy with sport games which aren't my style. I picked up the last of us for 7 bucks. The graphics are almost next gen quality. The cell processor in the PS3 is more advance than most processors in modern PCs. You could be patient and just wait. Sony's bringing most of their old first party games to PC.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

On 6/24/2021 at 1:20 PM, Liquid Gardens said:

Oh, GT5 is on Gamepass for console and PC. I have it for the PS3 and Sony still supports the game store and automatically downloads bug-fixes and patches for PS3 games as well as DLC.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Oh, GT5 is on Gamepass for console and PC. I have it for the PS3 and Sony still supports the game store and automatically downloads bug-fixes and patches for PS3 games as well as DLC.

Cool, I think part of my interest too is being able to play on a tv.  You can hook a PC up to a TV but it's just more unwieldy overall and I use my home PC for work full-time now so I'm not inclined as much to sit in the same spot and play games after a day of work; sitting on the couch would be much nicer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Cool, I think part of my interest too is being able to play on a tv.  You can hook a PC up to a TV but it's just more unwieldy overall and I use my home PC for work full-time now so I'm not inclined as much to sit in the same spot and play games after a day of work; sitting on the couch would be much nicer. 

The screens and resolutions we have today are fantastic. My TV upgrades the PS3 1080p signal to 4K. Games have never looked better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a PS5 last year, transferred some of my PS4 games to it. Been playing Cyberpunk, Spiderman and Spiderman Miles Morales, AC Valhalla, Mass Effect Legendary Edition, and several of the PS+ monthly free games

• Like 1

I finally kept a promise to myself from several years ago and started Bravely Default. I'm still getting used to the Job/Ability mechanics, but it's been keeping me entertained so far.

• Like 1

Bought SMT Nocturne for Switch. It's fun, very addictive. May buy Mario Golf but unsure if its overrated.

Finished all trophies and easter eggs in SOMA.  Another free PS+ game that sat in my library for many months before being installed.  So glad I did.

It is a great sleeper title.  Atmospheric, Sci-Fi, Horror/Survival/Exploration game.  Set on the ocean floor in abandoned research facilities overrun by... something horrible.  Puzzles to solve in the midst of surviving.  Story and voice acting was top notch.  I highly recommend it.

Also just hit the level cap and working on achievements/easter eggs in another freebie.  Tom Clancy's The Division 2.  Playing Coop with my son.  I was surprised by this one as well.  Much more depth in level design and weapon modding/crafting than I was expecting in a title that garnered almost no attention when it hit.  Really good flow to the combat and terrain interaction, fights are more hectic and fast paced, more engaging than the other TC titles I've played. 

On 7/9/2021 at 10:52 PM, theotherguy said:

I finally kept a promise to myself from several years ago and started Bravely Default. I'm still getting used to the Job/Ability mechanics, but it's been keeping me entertained so far.

I can't wait to play this. I've already put over 100hrs into BD 2.

• Like 1

The Ancient Gods part 2. I swear Davoth is the worst and cheapest boss I have every went against. Still trying to beat him. 

For those with PS+, August's free games look bleh, but still a few days to download July's. I can highly recommend A Plague Tale:Innocence. 

• Like 1

Recently installed a ps+ freebie I've had in the library for months, called The Council.  Mystery, exploration, puzzle game in the horror genre.  Solid story, good voice acting, and the level design is amazing, absolutely gorgeous.  I lost interest after episode 1, but my gal watched over my shoulder and is now burning through it, she loves it.  Her character lost a hand last night and so today she's going back to try again from an earlier episode.  Really compelling story.

Also picked up a few titles for almost free on the summer sale, Vampyr (I'm hoping the story will make up for what I expect to be another blah vampire game in terms of mechanics), Ancestor's Legacy which looks like a solid RTS warfare game set in Medieval times.  And The Spectrum Retreat, a sci-fi, mystery, puzzle game set in the near future, looks like a basic game in terms of design, but the concept is intriguing.

• Like 2

Now I focus on adventure games like Life is Strange, Syberia, The Night of the Rabbit... just want to get some benefits for my brain playing smart games. It's like you watch a movie but you also turn on your thinking in the process :) I also notice some good ideas to play on this list. If you have something to recommend to me, I'll be glad to get more video games variants.

Played some open beta for New World. Was hoping for so much more, and maybe it is at higher levels, but it’s just a run of the mill mmo. The game is beautiful. You can tell they really concentrated on the sights, sounds, and atmosphere but leveling was no different then any other mmo.

Still looking for the same experience as pre-cu SWG.

Got my son an Oculus a couple years back for his b=day.

I might actually try it out for this...

Aircar.  It's a free, simple, vr flight sim through a Bladerunner-esque cityscape.

38974641_381058712599350_805935125442330

Waiting for (GBA) Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls in the mail. Glad there's new ps now games now available. Just started Undertale, which is a very unique retro style rpg. Also Ghostrunner seems cool (didn't play long) though I suck at controls.

Edited by Bed of chaos

7 Days to Die. Did a Twitch integration where viewers could summon zombies and other stuff was a laugh!

Great game with alot of good mods.

Red Dead Redemption.