Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What are you playing right now?

seaturtlehorsesnake

Is anyone else here in the Sea of Thieves Technical Alpha?

Just found out that the weekly test sessions have moved to Saturday 3PM BST - Sunday 3PM BST.

So if anyone wants to crew up, let me know!! (Saturday 3PM BST is Sunday 1AM for me, so I probably wont be playing then)

1 hour ago, Timonthy said:

Is anyone else here in the Sea of Thieves Technical Alpha?

Just found out that the weekly test sessions have moved to Saturday 3PM BST - Sunday 3PM BST.

So if anyone wants to crew up, let me know!! (Saturday 3PM BST is Sunday 1AM for me, so I probably wont be playing then)

How do you get invited to so many alphas and betas?

I've been in a few in the past. Just through interest in games, seeing that there's an alpha/beta that needs testing and signing up early. But for those, it's just been a bit of a fleeting interest in the game and to see how it plays, not really much of an interest in really wanting to help the development of the games. It depends if you're using PC (specs of your system)/Console or otherwise, where you are (for server specific tests) and whatever other factors the developers consider vital to testing any specific build of the game. It could be one specific GPU or OS/console for which they need feedback, for example.

Here's a good site I found quite recently which actively lists games which want people to test them: https://www.alphabetagamer.com/

Sea of Thieves is the first time I've really had a big interest in the final product. It was about a year after I signed up that I got an invite to the Technical Alpha. I haven't really been active with many in the past, this is the first I have an interest in the final product.

So yeah, it's easy to get invited to Indie/A or AA games. But AAA games much less likely as they have the budget to iron out a lot of the bugs before needing to look at a semi-public (Non-disclosure) Technical Alpha phase.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Timonthy said:

I've been in a few in the past. Just through interest in games, seeing that there's an alpha/beta that needs testing and signing up early. But for those, it's just been a bit of a fleeting interest in the game and to see how it plays, not really much of an interest in really wanting to help the development of the games. It depends if you're using PC (specs of your system)/Console or otherwise, where you are (for server specific tests) and whatever other factors the developers consider vital to testing any specific build of the game. It could be one specific GPU or OS/console for which they need feedback, for example.

Here's a good site I found quite recently which actively lists games which want people to test them: https://www.alphabetagamer.com/

Sea of Thieves is the first time I've really had a big interest in the final product. It was about a year after I signed up that I got an invite to the Technical Alpha. I haven't really been active with many in the past, this is the first I have an interest in the final product.

So yeah, it's easy to get invited to Indie/A or AA games. But AAA games much less likely as they have the budget to iron out a lot of the bugs before needing to look at a semi-public (Non-disclosure) Technical Alpha phase.

Thanks. I've been accepted for a couple in the past but only the beta stage. I'll check that site out.

• Like 1

I’m currently playing nba2k18 it’s the most realistic basketball simulation ever.If any members are playing and want to play message me,doubt any members are interested in this game though...

E27B7327-67F0-4041-9718-27C7533985D6.jpeg

Edited by Smarty Throusers
  • Like 1

Witcher 3, in the rare moments I'm not writing or doing events!

• Like 3

I've been playing Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. I had forgotten just how much I loved this game back on the 360.

• Like 1

Alternating between Minecraft and RuneScape3 mostly. I started an Ironman account on RS3 a while ago, and slowly heading towards max

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i bought tyranny on account of sales!

i probably am just going to spend two hours on the character creation, be right back

• Like 2

I am so ruined. Last week I discovered they’ve finally put Rome: Total War on iPad. Do you realize how dangerous it is to have such a game in your lap at all times? 

F996FDE6-4527-4898-9624-F03DDD5C96CE.jpeg.d152406b30a54af12159a394b514d7c8.jpeg

• Like 3

I'm playing the new assassins creed origins. 

Assassins creed was my favorite game until they started making one each year then I lost interest but this new one they took a little more time on and it' sweet

• 2 weeks later...

Once I drag myself out of bed? WoW. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Ghastly Grimoire said:

Once I drag myself out of bed? WoW. 

That was my life back in 2007. And then again in 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014 ...

When I first started playing I had 90 days played in 6 months. That's almost the entire time I was awake.

WoW is like crack.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

That was my life back in 2007. And then again in 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014 ...

When I first started playing I had 90 days played in 6 months. That's almost the entire time I was awake.

WoW is like crack.

Isin't it? I've been doing the same rigmarole since '04. xD Did you finally manage to quit then? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Ghastly Grimoire said:

Isin't it? I've been doing the same rigmarole since '04. xD Did you finally manage to quit then? 

Aye, when my PC motherboard died! :D I haven't bothered getting it fixed (it's been 2 years now) and instead use a laptop for the net and a PS4 for (mostly) bite-sized gaming. 

To be honest though it's not the same game in my eyes. Near the beginning there was a sense of server community and you met and teamed up with random people levelling up that ended up becoming friends. Now it's full of *******s and trolls and anyone levelling up is doing so alone and as quickly as possible. It has lost its soul. I will always love raiding though. I'm a dps machine!

I'd love to have that original experience again from any game.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Aye, when my PC motherboard died! :D I haven't bothered getting it fixed (it's been 2 years now) and instead use a laptop for the net and a PS4 for (mostly) bite-sized gaming. 

To be honest though it's not the same game in my eyes. Near the beginning there was a sense of server community and you met and teamed up with random people levelling up that ended up becoming friends. Now it's full of *******s and trolls and anyone levelling up is doing so alone and as quickly as possible. It has lost its soul. I will always love raiding though. I'm a dps machine!

I'd love to have that original experience again from any game.

Aye, I miss that too. I'd love a leveling buddy.

• Like 1

Just now, The Ghastly Grimoire said:

Aye, I miss that too. I'd love a leveling buddy.

Well, send my a new motherboard and I'm yours :D

• Like 1

Just now, ExpandMyMind said:

Well, send my a new motherboard and I'm yours :D

Ohhh if I had the money I just might! >.> Unfortunately I'm in the process of waiting on disability.

• Like 1

Just now, The Ghastly Grimoire said:

Ohhh if I had the money I just might! >.> Unfortunately I'm in the process of waiting on disability.

Good luck with that.

And I would never seriously accept something like that, even if it is close to Christmas. The only reason I haven't fixed it is because I'm a first-class procrastinator.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Good luck with that.

And I would never seriously accept something like that, even if it is close to Christmas. The only reason I haven't fixed it is because I'm a first-class procrastinator.

Haha. Me too! I just miss leveling with people. It makes the whole experience different. 

10 minutes ago, The Ghastly Grimoire said:

Haha. Me too! I just miss leveling with people. It makes the whole experience different. 

Well good luck with your companion quest. (See what I did there?).

• Like 1

dishonoured 2

Well it was just sitting in the library thought I'd give it a go.

Started playing it in a sort of stealth mode  - but the btards kept killing me - so now its kill on sight.

good fun that way

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, RAyMO said:

dishonoured 2

Well it was just sitting in the library thought I'd give it a go.

Started playing it in a sort of stealth mode  - but the btards kept killing me - so now its kill on sight.

good fun that way

I tried to get into the first one years ago on the 360 and just couldn't. 

My son bought me the first one for Christmas a few years back - really enjoyed it - And because I am really crap relatively speaking at pc games - I got good value for his money.

• Like 2