Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What are you playing right now?

seaturtlehorsesnake

i was able to get my ps4 working once again so now i'm going to play all the cool new games that the cool new people play

*plays trine for like the fifth time instead*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda crazy, but I've never played GTA this whole generation. Just bought it for 10 quid on sale. Hopefully it's as good as it's meant to be :)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Kinda crazy, but I've never played GTA this whole generation. Just bought it for 10 quid on sale. Hopefully it's as good as it's meant to be :)

i think that the last one i played was san andreas. alls i remember is you could ride bikes

so hopefully whatever the latest one is fun/has bikes?

• Like 1

I've been playing red dead redemption 2, it's a long game 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I've been playing red dead redemption 2, it's a long game 

is it good? for the past 3 years I've been playing ARMA 3- IMO it's the best game around ;)

24 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

is it good? for the past 3 years I've been playing ARMA 3- IMO it's the best game around ;)

I think it's good but it def depends on your style. If you need constant action then it's not the best choice. 

Never heard of it I'll check it out

Tried monster hunter world. Hated it.

Been flipping between AC Odyssey and Dark Souls Remaster. About to go back to Spider-Man for all the DLC

Edited by Imaginarynumber1

27 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Tried monster hunter world. Hated it.

Been flipping between AC Odyssey and Dark Souls Remaster. About to go back to Spider-Man for all the DLC

How's AC?

I considered buying it but I've been skeptical because people have been saying that the progression is intentionally long to get you to pay for microtransactions 

15 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

How's AC?

I considered buying it but I've been skeptical because people have been saying that the progression is intentionally long to get you to pay for microtransactions 

I'm enjoying it. If you like the direction they took the series in for Origins, you'll like this one. 

I haven't spent a penny on microtransactions. Absolutely not needed. I get why people complain about them, because they are a terrible idea, but in no way does the game force you into them.

Im.about 80 hours in, and still have plenty of content left. By far the largest AC game.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 2

On 12/21/2018 at 2:28 PM, ExpandMyMind said:

GTAV is a blast. It's every bit as good as it's meant to be. 

• Like 2

I got a Gear VR for xmas and I've been nothing short of blown away with some of the things I've tried. I can't imagine how cool higher end vr systems might be.

The roller coaster I tried was cool but it made me nauseous so I'll be steering clear of those.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 1

I finished all the main storyline in GTA this morning and I have to say it was amazing. One of the best games I've played - what a story! The driving felt awesome too.

The only problem I have is that the combat is absolute garbage, like all Rockstar games. It's so disappointing that they can make a masterpiece in every single way except the actual gameplay. It's slow, clunky and just not fun at all. I put on Watch Dogs for an hour later on and it had crap driving and middling story (so far), but the combat was very high standard. If GTA had quick, responsive and satisfying combat like Watch Dogs it would likely be in my top 5 games of all time.

The combat also confirmed my fears about buying RDR 2. I've read that it's the same horrible gameplay used in GTA. All those billions of dollars and hundreds of thousands of man hours put into a game and the combat is just terrible. 

Well, I think I'm going to finish Watch Dogs then replay (something I almost never do) The Last of Us. Last time I played it was on normal PS4 on a 720p TV/potato. Looking forward to seeing how it looks on the Pro in 4k hdr, and I've still not experienced a game with quite such an incredible story.

Anyone planning on getting Anthem in February? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I finished all the main storyline in GTA this morning and I have to say it was amazing. One of the best games I've played - what a story! The driving felt awesome too.

The only problem I have is that the combat is absolute garbage, like all Rockstar games. It's so disappointing that they can make a masterpiece in every single way except the actual gameplay. It's slow, clunky and just not fun at all. I put on Watch Dogs for an hour later on and it had crap driving and middling story (so far), but the combat was very high standard. If GTA had quick, responsive and satisfying combat like Watch Dogs it would likely be in my top 5 games of all time.

The combat also confirmed my fears about buying RDR 2. I've read that it's the same horrible gameplay used in GTA. All those billions of dollars and hundreds of thousands of man hours put into a game and the combat is just terrible. 

Well, I think I'm going to finish Watch Dogs then replay (something I almost never do) The Last of Us. Last time I played it was on normal PS4 on a 720p TV/potato. Looking forward to seeing how it looks on the Pro in 4k hdr, and I've still not experienced a game with quite such an incredible story.

Anyone planning on getting Anthem in February? 

That's a pretty harsh critique imo but to each their own. The story and acting certainly was great. 

I've been playing Yakuza that was a ps+ game a couple months ago. It's a GTAesque type of game except it's all combat focused and it's been a blast so far though no game combat has ever felt as satisfying to me as Arkham City. The other Arkham games had the same combat but City was the overall best game imo.

12 hours ago, F3SS said:

That's a pretty harsh critique imo but to each their own. The story and acting certainly was great. 

I've been playing Yakuza that was a ps+ game a couple months ago. It's a GTAesque type of game except it's all combat focused and it's been a blast so far though no game combat has ever felt as satisfying to me as Arkham City. The other Arkham games had the same combat but City was the overall best game imo.

Not sure, with how much money they spent on development, that it's particularly harsh, but it's not like it made the game unplayable. I'm more into the story in games these days anyways and it had that in abundance.

I actually bought Kiwami a couple of months before it was on PS + and it,  along with the second Arkham game, are on my drive just waiting to be played. Spun both up for a couple of hours and they both seem like really good games. Actually might hit hem before TLoU come to think of it.

• Like 1

On ‎21‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:28 PM, ExpandMyMind said:

Have you been abducted by aliens yet?

29 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Have you been abducted by aliens yet?

Haha. Yeah, as Michael. Then Franklin smoked the joint and didn't feel a thing.

Black ops4 and zombies anyone who knows some of the easter eggs and wants a game give me a shout on here.

On 28/12/2018 at 7:36 AM, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Image result for bloodborne funny gif

back to an old favorite

I gave up on BB. I didn't mind all the dying, but the endless running back again and again and again, taking up way too much time, really annoyed me.

Also not a fan of horror so the setting and weak story did nothing for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I gave up on BB. I didn't mind all the dying, but the endless running back again and again and again, taking up way too much time, really annoyed me.

Just like Dark Souls, the story is told in fragments through npc's and lore descriptions of items. 

There's not much backtracking at all, unless you're talking about dying and having to get back to where you were. 

• Like 2

On 12/28/2018 at 2:36 AM, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Image result for bloodborne funny gif

back to an old favorite

Just seeing this GIF gives me nostalgia.

one of my favorite games of all time 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Not a fan of horror either and this became one of my all time favourite games. It took me more than a year to start it though. The story was more of a puzzle that you had to piece together and it doesn't fully come together until you reach the ending(s)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

There's not much backtracking at all, unless you're talking about dying and having to get back to where you were. 

Yeah, that's what I meant.