Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What are you playing right now?

seaturtlehorsesnake

Aaaaaaaand I'm back addicted to Skyrim. **** me. Level 25 Nord that I made to look exactly like me, naturally; tank build (Dawnbreaker and Spell breaker); was just able to make my first set of Ebony armor. Daedric is so overrated.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Anyone played Journey? I forgot I had it in my library and started it earlier today. Weird game so far but it's kinda enchanting in its own way.

I did, it will only last you like 3 hours or so but it's a nice little game. I found it relaxing 

I finally settled on Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced for 8 quid from the PS4 Store, after finding Arkham Knight for 8 quid in one of the local game shops. What a steal, especially considering they've both been on my watchlist for quite a while.

19 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I finally settled on Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced for 8 quid from the PS4 Store, after finding Arkham Knight for 8 quid in one of the local game shops. What a steal, especially considering they've both been on my watchlist for quite a while.

Is Arkham Knight any good. I've got nothing to play at the moment?

7 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Is Arkham Knight any good. I've got nothing to play at the moment?

It's great. Arkham City was good with a great Batman story, but Knight just feels like a much better overall game to play. It's also much bigger, with more gadgets. You can basically fly around the whole city. 

So far I'm enjoying it quite a bit more than the last two.

13 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

It's great. Arkham City was good with a great Batman story, but Knight just feels like a much better overall game to play. It's also much bigger, with more gadgets. You can basically fly around the whole city. 

So far I'm enjoying it quite a bit more than the last two.

Should I be playing the first two first?

1 hour ago, danydandan said:

Should I be playing the first two first?

Part of the main story does run through all 3, but as long as you don't mind spoilers for some of the previous game then you should be able to pick it up without any problem. Any comic book, game or film that isn't an origin story is kinda like this - even in Arkham Asylum they refer to events that happened in the comics that I had no clue about. If you wanted to you could find a YouTube video that does a story recap. I will say though that there's a pretty important ending to City that, if you plan on playing that game in the future, you probably won't want spoiled.

Both of the sequels can be played as standalone games I think. They're both good games if, in my opinion, a little dated (both are remastered last gen titles), but I just found Knight to be far more polished and immersive in every way so far.

If I had to play them over again and had plenty of spare time, I'd probably just skip Asylum. I felt it much weaker than the others. If I was shower on spare time I'd watch a video and just play Knight.

Maybe someone else might have a different opinion.

Edited by ExpandMyMind

12 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Part of the main story does run through all 3, but as long as you don't mind spoilers for some of the previous game then you should be able to pick it up without any problem. Any comic book, game or film that isn't an origin story is kinda like this - even in Arkham Asylum they refer to events that happened in the comics that I had no clue about. If you wanted to you could find a YouTube video that does a story recap. I will say though that there's a pretty important ending to City that, if you plan on playing that game in the future, you probably won't want spoiled.

Both of the sequels can be played as standalone games I think. They're both good games if, in my opinion, a little dated (both are remastered last gen titles), but I just found Knight to be far more polished and immersive in every way so far.

If I had to play them over again and had plenty of spare time, I'd probably just skip Asylum. I felt it much weaker than the others. If I was shower on spare time I'd watch a video and just play Knight.

Maybe someone else might have a different opinion.

Well I just bought all three for 20 Euro on the PlayStation store. Along with 29 other downloadable content. Nice and cheap.

Thanks for the advice. I'll try play through them all.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Well I just bought all three for 20 Euro on the PlayStation store. Along with 29 other downloadable content. Nice and cheap.

Thanks for the advice. I'll try play through them all.

Haha, quality. PS4 Store is a godsend. 

Which other games did you get?

Also, I wouldn't read any reviews for any of the Batman games. That ending of City I just mentioned? I had it ruined for me yesterday by watching a review for Knight.

Edited by ExpandMyMind

5 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Haha, quality. PS4 Store is a godsend. 

Which other games did you get?

Also, I wouldn't read any reviews for any of the Batman games. That ending of City I just mentioned? I had it ruined for me yesterday by watching a review for Knight.

All three in the trilogy. Plus loads of other stuff. Hopefully the story is good. Arkham Asylum, City and Knight. The first two have return to Arkham on it, whatever that means. All for 20 euro. I'm a happy Dany now.

57 minutes ago, danydandan said:

All three in the trilogy. Plus loads of other stuff. Hopefully the story is good. Arkham Asylum, City and Knight. The first two have return to Arkham on it, whatever that means. All for 20 euro. I'm a happy Dany now.

Return to Arkham is just the remastered first two packaged as one. I have that, too. The story is great, so it he combat when you learn it properly.

7 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Return to Arkham is just the remastered first two packaged as one. I have that, too. The story is great, so it he combat when you learn it properly.

That's good to hear. I'm far more interested in the story, than the fighting. 

On 1/19/2019 at 3:13 PM, ExpandMyMind said:

Anyone played Journey? I forgot I had it in my library and started it earlier today. Weird game so far but it's kinda enchanting in its own way.

I played it at the 7 11 a couple of times crap game

image.jpeg.6366242c6b9dd144aa3b653797928164.jpeg

• Haha 1

Finished Arkham Knight. Really impressive RPG. I think I'm going to play a little every day to get to 100% for the main ending, but there's no rush.

Started Divinity Original Sin. Anyone else played it?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Finished Arkham Knight. Really impressive RPG. I think I'm going to play a little every day to get to 100% for the main ending, but there's no rush.

Started Divinity Original Sin. Anyone else played it?

Divinity is brilliant. 

I don't like Arkham Asylum. Think I'll skip it. Play City. 

2 hours ago, danydandan said:

Divinity is brilliant. 

I don't like Arkham Asylum. Think I'll skip it. Play City. 

Yeah, took me around 6 months to get through Asylum. The story was good but I just couldn't get into the structure and layout.

The next one is much better, where you basically fly around part of the city. The combat is more fluid, better gadgets, better story. It still looks visually dated but the other stuff makes up for it.

Knight is simply a this gen AAA RPG. A really impressive game.

Looking forward to getting into Divinity. It's a bit overwhelming at the moment but the turn based stuff is a nice change of pace after the frantic combat of Arkham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Daughter of the Nine Moons

You should check out Divinity Original Sin Enhanced. I think you'd love it! It's on sale for less than 10 quid still I think and I'd have someone to co-op with :D

Seriously, I've been starting it up and losing 5 hour stretches of time without even realising it. I wasn't sure about the turn based genre but it turns out I love it.

2 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

@Daughter of the Nine Moons

You should check out Divinity Original Sin Enhanced. I think you'd love it! It's on sale for less than 10 quid still I think and I'd have someone to co-op with :D

Seriously, I've been starting it up and losing 5 hour stretches of time without even realising it. I wasn't sure about the turn based genre but it turns out I love it.

I noticed you've been playing it a lot. Meh...I just checked...$54 CAN. 

5 hours ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

I noticed you've been playing it a lot. Meh...I just checked...$54 CAN. 

Yikes :D Maybe another time, I guess. 

Wow. Hitman Season 1 and For Honor are the free PS + games this month. Had been eyeing Hitman for a while and I traded For Honor in after playing what must have been a couple of hundred hours. Looking forward to getting tore in about both next month.

That is a good line up. I'll have to keep that Divinity in mind. I love a good turn based game. Have you played Xcom 2 yet? I think it was a ps+ game a few months back or it was real cheap, can't remeber. I played it like crazy for a while but I couldn't beat it. It took me several play throughs before i figured out how to really play and I think I was still missing a few tid bits. It's got a layer of strategy that makes you rethink what you should do every time you play.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, F3SS said:

That is a good line up. I'll have to keep that Divinity in mind. I love a good turn based game. Have you played Xcom 2 yet? I think it was a ps+ game a few months back or it was real cheap, can't remeber. I played it like crazy for a while but I couldn't beat it. It took me several play throughs before i figured out how to really play and I think I was still missing a few tid bits. It's got a layer of strategy that makes you rethink what you should do every time you play.

I missed Xcom on PS+ but heard nothing but good things about it. Divinity is similar in that you need to constantly reassess your tactics. It also has a pretty great story with awesome voice acting.

To be honest, Divinity is the first turn-based game I've ever played, but it's opened my eyes to a whole genre of games that I hadn't even considered. I'll be looking at playing more of them in the coming year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I missed Xcom on PS+ but heard nothing but good things about it. Divinity is similar in that you need to constantly reassess your tactics. It also has a pretty great story with awesome voice acting.

To be honest, Divinity is the first turn-based game I've ever played, but it's opened my eyes to a whole genre of games that I hadn't even considered. I'll be looking at playing more of them in the coming year.

It's a great genre when done well. When you're ready for yhebultimate, imo, visit the total war series on PC. Even the old ones are great. Rome total war 2004 is still great and has been perfectly ported over to mobile devices recently. Most if not all Warhammer games are turn based too.

• Like 1

Currently playing:

Hugo's House of Horrors, Day of the Tentacle, and Flight of the Amazon Queen on MS-DOS.

Looking forward to the new Packard Bell with Windows 95.  Comes with Star Wars: Rebel Assault, and Spiderman Cartoon Maker.

So excited.  Can't wait!!!  ;)

• Like 1

PlayStation Plus Games For February 2019

PS4

• For Honor
  • Hitman Season 1
  • Gunhouse (Cross-Buy)
  • Rogue Aces (Cross-Buy)

PS3

• Divekick (Cross-Buy)
  • Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

PS Vita