Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
seaturtlehorsesnake

What are you playing right now?

2,224 posts in this topic

Gwynbleidd
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, South Alabam said:

After a decade and a half back at Half Life 2. It is still a classic.

https://half-life.fandom.com/wiki/Half-Life_2_storyline

I can't believe I've never played that game...like ever. LOL  @ExpandMyMind and @Phaeton80 recently encouraged me to buy a PS4 so I'm still in the midst of fumbling about learning the controls on this damn console.  I was strictly pc prior, but I really needed some new games to get me through till Cyberpunk2077 is out next April.....and to get me off this forum (I'm fast becoming an addict again :P )

I'm currently playing Horizon Zero Dawn (it's very pretty :wub: and very girly, which is a change from the "man" games I usually like playing) and I figure before I throw myself into the Red Dead Redemption 2 and God of War games that I bought with the PS4, I'd best learn to use the controller properly or I'm absolutely doomed. :lol: 

I will say this though, I'm really impressed with the beautiful graphics that a ps4 has.  My hubby purpose built my pc especially for gaming to run two 1080ti gfx cards (prob should update, but it's overkill already :unsure:), plus it has dual Asus Predator gaming monitors but now, I'm just on a plain old led tv and heck, I'm so so so impressed by these ps4 graphics.  I feel like I've been missing out on something amazing that costs so much cheaper!!!  :D  Learn something new everyday don't they say? :lol: 

Edited by pixiii
  • Like 2

South Alabam
2 hours ago, pixiii said:

I can't believe I've never played that game...like ever. LOL  @ExpandMyMind and @Phaeton80 recently encouraged me to buy a PS4 so I'm still in the midst of fumbling about learning the controls on this damn console.  I was strictly pc prior, but I really needed some new games to get me through till Cyberpunk2077 is out next April.....and to get me off this forum (I'm fast becoming an addict again :P )

I'm currently playing Horizon Zero Dawn (it's very pretty :wub: and very girly, which is a change from the "man" games I usually like playing) and I figure before I throw myself into the Red Dead Redemption 2 and God of War games that I bought with the PS4, I'd best learn to use the controller properly or I'm absolutely doomed. :lol: 

I will say this though, I'm really impressed with the beautiful graphics that a ps4 has.  My hubby purpose built my pc especially for gaming to run two 1080ti gfx cards (prob should update, but it's overkill already :unsure:), plus it has dual Asus Predator gaming monitors but now, I'm just on a plain old led tv and heck, I'm so so so impressed by these ps4 graphics.  I feel like I've been missing out on something amazing that costs so much cheaper!!!  :D  Learn something new everyday don't they say? :lol: 

I'm actually waiting for Classic WoW to come out again. I got plenty of time on my hands to raid. :)

• Like 2

Gwynbleidd
23 hours ago, South Alabam said:

I'm actually waiting for Classic WoW to come out again. I got plenty of time on my hands to raid. :)

Oh wow, I've never played WoW either - I was a Guild Wars 1 and 2 player....but I've currently banned/forbidden myself from playing it because Anet's become a money hungry company where there are suckers like me that'll buy their crap without thinking twice! :lol:   It's an addiction to me, so I try hard to stay away from it.  I only allow myself to spend prob 5-6 mths at a time playing it, then forbid myself from playing it for a year, or......till the next storyline comes out. :lol: 

• Like 1

Sir Smoke aLot

I am back to Divinity 2.

It's like 20th time i start play through since it was released. I like to do everything in that game, every little thing there is. It's only now that i learned how Undead wizard, Geo-Pyro-Necro with torturer is so strong. Having fun in Arx, entangle them and then wreck everything. Since Fane has that time warp ability enemies are usually grouped, locked in place and ready to get wrecked with critical hits from abilities.

It was happy news to hear that Larian is working on new Baldur's Gate :) 

• Like 2

spartan max2
On 8/1/2019 at 8:31 PM, pixiii said:

Horizon Zero Dawn is a work of art 

I can't wait for the sequal. 

• Like 1

Imaginarynumber1
On 7/30/2019 at 9:05 AM, Robotic Jew said:

I'm playing Origins myself right now.

Black Flag is my favorite of the series by far!

I hated Black Flag and 3. Couldn't stand them. 2 is by far my favorite, but Origins and Odyssey are both fantastic

Imaginarynumber1

image.jpeg.5e6dc581e37ce5dee498c94073afdca4.jpeg

• Like 1

spartan max2

I'm trying the PS4 black desert online beta open this weekend 

Scholar4Truth

WWE 2K17

ExpandMyMind
On 8/10/2019 at 3:17 PM, spartan max2 said:

I'm trying the PS4 black desert online beta open this weekend 

Any good?

spartan max2
1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Any good?

Pretty bad lol. Me and my friend tried it. 

Didn't really appeal to me 

• Like 1

Scholar4Truth

WWF Warzone!

Imaginarynumber1

I haven't had time for much recently. Anyone know if anything good is coming for ps4 soon? 

• Like 1

Daughter of the Nine Moons
On 8/14/2019 at 7:22 PM, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I haven't had time for much recently. Anyone know if anything good is coming for ps4 soon? 

This has me interested. It's coming out next month.

• Like 1

Scholar4Truth

Mortal Kombat for Xbox One.

ExpandMyMind
16 hours ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

This has me interested. It's coming out next month.

Honestly, that looks exactly like your type of game.

• Like 1

XenoFish
On 8/14/2019 at 7:22 PM, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Doom: Eternal

• Like 3

ExpandMyMind
On 8/15/2019 at 12:22 AM, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Control comes out next week. It looks decent and different to what you usually see.

The very concept is a bizarre one. You play as Jesse Faden, the Director of the Federal Bureau of Control, responsible for everything mysterious and supernatural in the US. Your HQ is called The Oldest House, and it's a weird trans-dimensional space, shifting and changing impossibly, like an Escher painting. You'll be able to combine gunplay with psychic powers in game, and your weapon will change states to serve different purposes (so, loosely, expect it to organically morph from a pistol to a shotgun, for example). It all sounds very reminiscent of the likes of Second Sight from the PS2 era, and we're very ok with that. Expect Control some time in 2019.

Ghost Recon in Oct, The Outer Worlds, Oct, Death Stranding, Nov. Also, the new Star Wars single player game releases in Nov, and it's looking really good so far.

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/upcoming-ps4-games/

There's more in the link above. Outer Worlds sounds interesting to me:

Knowing The Outer Worlds is coming from Obsidian is very promising in and of itself. The studio brought us the stellar Fallout: New Vegas, and are known for offering lots of player choice and its own brand of humour. Set in a colony in the furthest reaches of space, you get to control a customisable character who awakens from cyrosleep to find themselves caught up in a conspiracy that threatens the whole colony. With companions, dialogue choices, first-person combat, and a setting filled with colourful creatures and zany sci-fi weapons, The Outer Worlds looks set to be the next big time-stealer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RAyMO

here something completely different that I stumbled across in steam - when it was released there a couple of weeks ago. Not a game as such but does occupy the hours if you let it.

• Like 2

Scholar4Truth

Comix Zone.

Daughter of the Nine Moons
1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Honestly, that looks exactly like your type of game.

lol I know right?

XenoFish

The turbografix mini is coming out next year and I'm looking forward to it.

Truthseeker007
13 hours ago, XenoFish said:

The turbografix mini is coming out next year and I'm looking forward to it.

WTF is that?:lol: I know you missed me old friend.:P

XenoFish