Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Develop psychic abilities

s177m

Hi I have a few psychic abilities but how can I develop them more? I been able to tell when something will happen or when there will be a big change in my life. I know when friends need to talk to me. I can feel people when they are sad, mad, worried, I get all this vibes. How can develop it more?

Hi I have a few psychic abilities but how can I develop them more? I been able to tell when something will happen or when there will be a big change in my life. I know when friends need to talk to me. I can feel people when they are sad, mad, worried, I get all this vibes. How can develop it more?

You could develop such powers through meditation. See transalntions older eastern texts about Yoga, like Shiva samhita or eastern spiritual alchemy like The secret of the golden flower and some others. Many of them are free on net.

Edited by Lumpino
  • Like 1

Hello,

I find that my key factor was/is the relationship I have with my innermost guidance. Meditation that involves the inner wisdom, no matter what technique you employ, will eventually involve putting your guidance into practice. As you invest in self love through trust and dedication, you will evolve every aspect of yourself.

John

• Like 1

Don't bother with the meditation. Out of the millions of people who have tried it, not a single one has come back with results.

• Like 2

If you are interested check out The Silva Method based in Laredo Texas. The truth is we were all psychic as children, and by the time we become young adults the psychic abilities fade but can be re-awakened in us. The Silva Method will reacquaint you with any psychic ability you want. They will teach you how to use and function at these levels of mind. What you do with it is totally up to you.

• Like 1

Don't bother with the meditation. Out of the millions of people who have tried it, not a single one has come back with results.

1/There are many different meditations. Much depends on the type, purpose and duration of meditation.

2/In ancient texts are strictly recomended do not brag with such powers. :yes:

Edited by Lumpino

1) No a single person has ever come back from any kind of meditation with results.

2) What ancient texts?

1/How do you know it? Do you knou all people who du a meditations?

2/Text? Far as I remember, like books by Elifas Levy (French magician from the mid-18th century), only as an example.

Why tell someone not to bother with meditation?

Some people who do it have experienced their own results and it aides in relieving stress, if nothing else.

Give it a try, it helps to clear your energies and opens your mind.

• Like 1

If you are interested check out The Silva Method based in Laredo Texas. The truth is we were all psychic as children, and by the time we become young adults the psychic abilities fade but can be re-awakened in us. The Silva Method will reacquaint you with any psychic ability you want. They will teach you how to use and function at these levels of mind. What you do with it is totally up to you.

OR - you pay through the nose to attend seminars and then convince yourself you're "more psychic" because you don't' want to admit you've been swindled.

• Like 3

1/How do you know it? Do you knou all people who du a meditations?

Yes. Every single one.

And the funny part is (asides from hearing the advice to "go meditate" every single time the OP is made), you will never hear a thread like this begin with "Yeah, I got my powers through meditation". It's always "I've always been able to..."

After a while, you start to see a pattern. As it turns out, it is nothing more than the normal processes of maturation. As a young man grows up and leaves behind the mental selfishness of childhood, he realizes that the world around him is much, much greater than he ever suspected. It is not too surprising, given the extent and complexity of human social interaction, than the previous faltering steps toward empathy are seen as somewhat magical.

2/Text? Far as I remember, like books by Elifas Levy (French magician from the mid-18th century), only as an example.

You are off by a century. Elifas Levy started publishing in 1850. Ancient? It's not even older than San Francisco. You are referring to a contemporary of Moby Dick as an ancient text.

• Like 2

Different things that include meditation or concentration works for different people and even different stages in life. It depends on what you mean by developing it as to what methods you will want to try. You don't know what works for you until you experiment. It's probably true that most people that have the "abilities" without intending to have it. If you find a real teacher they do not accept money for information, no need to get swindled. The key is the abilities come more through the subconscious and the better you know it the more you understand how it works. Meditation is a valuable tool because it helps you to understand the workings better and even how to control what ever gift you naturally have :)

Edited by White Unicorn

Why would anyone want these "powers" to begin with? Why aren't these people being asked to seriously think about possible use these so-called powers are for them? Do they see themselves as future "X-Men"?

Why wouldn't the skill of being able to use a spreadsheet program or learning finances to become, say, a CPA be more important and useful?

Why would anyone want these "powers" to begin with? Why aren't these people being asked to seriously think about possible use these so-called powers are for them? Do they see themselves as future "X-Men"?

Why wouldn't the skill of being able to use a spreadsheet program or learning finances to become, say, a CPA be more important and useful?

Because these forces are often only a Byproduct of some spiritual journeys. A lot of people are interested in more than only this one short earthly life. By the way, many people hard working ( I know doctors, engineers, businessmen, they do it) and do such things in theire personal leisure. :yes:

I just skimming through these forums, wanted to say about meditation:

I don't think you should say that no one has had results with meditation if you think that there IS such a thing as psychic abilities, astral projection, the force, etc.

BUT, I do think that people greatly misunderstand meditation. For example, from personal experience it is near impossible to astral project without quieting your mind, closing your eyes, and best to lay down.

The misunderstanding comes from sitting with your legs crossed and fingers in circles.... I have found it is more effective to simply lay down and shut of the mind like you are going to sleep... meditation in my understanding is like sleeping or dreaming...

The misunderstanding comes from sitting with your legs crossed and fingers in circles.... sleeping or dreaming...

You mix together a yoga positions with meditation. For meditation is suitable every comfortable position.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Having something myself that started in puberty, I think most are born with it. Mine manifest in different ways, such as going on an interview for a job that I KNOW I'm going to get, despite not having all the qualifications asked for in the ad.

Others come when I'm thinking about a certain subject. Some things can be changed; others, which I call "nexus points", are not.

The latest concerns the US. I was in therapy, got angry and (this was before the election) told my therapist that Obama would be elected by a landslide; there would be an assassination attempt in Nov 2011; he would be re-elected...and two other things I won't mention here.

It's in my psych records. I made her write them down.

As for the two other things...I pray I'm wrong (or psychotic).

Thing is, I never have been---but there always can be a first time...

Here's a video of the power I was able to achieve through meditation and wishful thinking...

• Like 2

Having something myself that started in puberty, I think most are born with it. Mine manifest in different ways, such as going on an interview for a job that I KNOW I'm going to get, despite not having all the qualifications asked for in the ad.

Others come when I'm thinking about a certain subject. Some things can be changed; others, which I call "nexus points", are not.

The latest concerns the US. I was in therapy, got angry and (this was before the election) told my therapist that Obama would be elected by a landslide; there would be an assassination attempt in Nov 2011; he would be re-elected...and two other things I won't mention here.

It's in my psych records. I made her write them down.

As for the two other things...I pray I'm wrong (or psychotic).

Thing is, I never have been---but there always can be a first time...

The first bolded sentence is what we call "confidence", in the language of my people. The second bolded thing proves that you're not always right, since there was no assassination attempt in 2011. Additionally, anyone in the world could have "predicted" that Obama would win. I'm not even american and it was obvious. You didn't "know" it, you just made an educated guess that happened to be true, like everyone else. Nothing psychic or mystical has happened here.

• Like 1

Intuition and Empathy are not "psychic abilities", everyone has it...some are just more sensitive than others.

Too many reasons. You didn't bother to think about it

Too many reasons. You didn't bother to think about it

Wow! Thanks. That really witty comment really summed it up...not.

If I hadn't thought about it then I wouldn't have bothered asking. So my question still stands, other than impressing friends or trying to make yourself feel superior because you think you can move a piece of paper with your mind, what good is it to squander time developing something that probably doesn't exist?