Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man plans to spend year living on an iceberg

UM-Bot

Adventurer Alex Bellini will live inside a special survival pod on top of an iceberg in Greenland.

Having previously completed journeys across the Sahara desert, the Pacific ocean and the snowy wastelands of Alaska, the veteran outdoorsman is no stranger to surviving for long periods of time in some of the most extreme environments on Earth.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/280521/man-plans-to-spend-year-living-on-an-iceberg

• Like 1

Whatever floats your boat..

You mean, whatever floats your iceberg.
  • Like 4

No good doing this unless he does it without the special survival pod.

Do it the way the polar bears, musk oxen, walruses and reindeer do. :cry:

During his time in the pod he will also be monitoring the iceberg that he is living on as it slowly melts away in an effort to gain awareness for global warming.

http://www.unexplain...g-on-an-iceberg

just asking, will he get that info from one iceberg?

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 2

Isn't it enough that Polar Bears are having problems because of global warming? Now we should 'colonize' their habitat just to pleasure our stupid desire of getting published in newspapers. Icebergs are melting anyways, your presence will just add to it as there will be not just one guy but support team too.

• Like 4

Some polar bears in the area of Greenland heard a rumor that an iceberg will carry Italian food soon. Alex al dente.

• Like 5

Scientists have been studying and researching this for some time now, regarding melting glaciers, icebergs and climate change.

I simply fail to see what difference this guy is going to make, because he decided to live on an iceberg for a year, and study melting ice ?

I just hope he packs enough thermal underwear.

• Like 1

as icebergs melt, don't they have a tendency to flip over as their mass changes?

BEST - Ron

Now this could be worth watching him after all. :whistle:

• Like 2

Now this could be worth watching him after all. :whistle:

Yep, the rescue will be rather entertaining B)
  • Like 1

Scientists have been studying and researching this for some time now, regarding melting glaciers, icebergs and climate change.

I dont think his impulse is of scientific nature, here is his event history:

It is this philosophy that led him in the last 14 years to explore the most hostile environments:

In 2001 he ran the Marathon de Sables.

In 2002 and 2003 he walked across Alaska pulling a sledge for a total of 2000km.

In 2005 he rowed alone 11.000 km across Mediterranean sea and Atlantic ocean in 227 days.

In 2008 he rowed alone 18.000 km across Pacific ocean, from Peru to Australia in 294 days.

In 2011 he ran 5300 km across United States in 70 days.

He is now working to make his once-in-a-lifetime adventure reality: live on a melting iceberg.

http://alexbellini.com/bio/

But its all peanuts. If he would be a real man, he would attend to a complete Justin Biber concert as

long as the event takes.

• Like 3

I dont think his impulse is of scientific nature, here is his event history:

But its all peanuts. If he would be a real man, he would attend to a complete Justin Biber concert as

long as the event takes.

:rofl:
  • Like 2

He is now working to make his once-in-a-lifetime adventure reality t.v show one day,: live on a melting iceberg.

:tu:

• Like 1

Not IF , but When, the Berg flips without warning, he will have a maximum of 10 minutes survival time in the water even wearing a "wet" suit, and then it could flip again within hours, so we can look forward to....man drowns while tryng to live on an iceberg.

• Like 1

The Gin and Tonics will go down well.

I've just spent a winter in New England that produced in 8 feet of snow and below freezing temps. I think being on a iceberg couldn't be too much worse.

• Like 2

I admire this guy for his adventures. We live on a gorgeous planet and we should spend our days admiring to it, traveling around the globe and of course, spread the love to our planet. I will surely go on a great adventure across the Earth very soon I hope! :D

Jack: "I'm king of the world!"

Rose: I want you to draw me like one of your French girls.

There was plenty of room on the door, Rose.

• Like 2

I would like to find this guy during the apocalypse. I think he would have a high chance of survival from the zombies on an iceberg.

Polar bears can climb up onto bergs..

Should be interesting..:D

Pod can be quickly transformed in to a coffin.

• Like 1