Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US sends warship to Yemen: What happens next?

docyabut2

But Iran isn't plotting defenses. It is interested in conquest. Iran isn't just plotting to attack, they are attacking.

Who are they attacking? Is helping allies in Syria and Iraq and sympathizing with the Houthis' cause in Yemen really part of a ''conquest''?

Perhaps. I see "plotting" as merely planning and preparing.

Which is probably what any country who care about his defense will do, including Iran.

And that is a simplistic view. Iran wants to dominate the region and pave the way for the Twelfth Imam. Zionists just want to be left alone. And there is always someone trying to paint Iran as the innocent victim and Israel into the bad guy. This is typical of an up-side down Progressive world. Progressivism and Medinan Islam are of the same mindset.

You talk about a simplistic view but your reply falls exactly into that line. For Sunnis muslims also believe in a Mahdi , the Caliph who will appear at the end of time to rule over Muslims. So the point you just made could be applied to every other Middle-East states of muslim faith, such as Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Qatar, Kuwait, who used proxies in the Syrian conflict to overthrow the Assad regime, groups that have now spread into Iraq, Lybia and possibly Afghanistan.

Another indication of your strong bias in the matter, if we needed any more.

Edited by samus
  • Like 1

Who are they attacking? Is helping allies in Syria and Iraq and sympathizing with the Houthis' cause in Yemen really part of a ''conquest''?

samus I think you will admit that Hizballah is a client of Iran? Hizballah is supported as an ally and that is the business of Hizballah and Iran UNTIL Iranian weapons are used against Israel. You approach everything regarding Iran from a very legalistic stance, knowing that it would take serious intel briefings to actually PROVE anything. Israel bombed Sudan today (again) because of the weapons they were storing for trans shipment into the region. The fact that no one has a manifest that says "intended for Israel" hardly reduces the likelihood that this is true. Bottom line is that when enough pressure is brought to bear and the IDF sees fit, they are going to demolish a lot of Iran's "allies" in the region. And the world is going to do very little in response. Sanctions are coming, no doubt of that I think. But those sanctions will come REGARDLESS what Israel does. Putting them in place may cause the government of Likud to fall and someone like Obama puppet Herzog or Livni to gain power but it won't be more than months before any concessions given to the Palestinian leadership will end in anew round of rockets. And when it happens the world will blame, you guessed it, ISRAEL.

• Like 1

samus I think you will admit that Hizballah is a client of Iran? Hizballah is supported as an ally and that is the business of Hizballah and Iran UNTIL Iranian weapons are used against Israel. You approach everything regarding Iran from a very legalistic stance, knowing that it would take serious intel briefings to actually PROVE anything. Israel bombed Sudan today (again) because of the weapons they were storing for trans shipment into the region. The fact that no one has a manifest that says "intended for Israel" hardly reduces the likelihood that this is true. Bottom line is that when enough pressure is brought to bear and the IDF sees fit, they are going to demolish a lot of Iran's "allies" in the region. And the world is going to do very little in response. Sanctions are coming, no doubt of that I think. But those sanctions will come REGARDLESS what Israel does. Putting them in place may cause the government of Likud to fall and someone like Obama puppet Herzog or Livni to gain power but it won't be more than months before any concessions given to the Palestinian leadership will end in anew round of rockets. And when it happens the world will blame, you guessed it, ISRAEL.

Yeah, who gives a crap about legalities and laws, lets just go bomb somewhere cause israel said so. Who knows, you might be lucky enough to end up with another iraq on your hands, a war of conquest based on lies.

RE: Israel bombs Sudan military weapon targets north of Khartoum... weapons bound for Iranian-backed Hezbollah or Hamas ?... a report not confirmed or denied by Israel and reported by arab news agency al-araby

hmmm... In late March Sudan's al-Bashir was photographed meeting with king Salman and has joined in the bombing campaign against houthis rebels in Yemen..... We're being told the Iranians back the Houthis.... yet Sudan is providing military jets to help Saudi Arabia bomb them?

just curious....

How does any of this make any sense????

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 1

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2015/03/26/Sudan-closes-offices-of-all-Iranian-missions-and-groups.html

Staff Writer, Al Arabiya News

Thursday, 26 March 2015

Sudan closed the offices of all Iranian missions and groups in the country on Thursday as Gulf countries led by Saudi Arabia launched a military operation against Tehran-backed Houthi militias in Yemen, Al Arabiya News Channel reported.

Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir also ended all ties with former Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh, who is fighting alongside Houthi rebels to reclaim power in Yemen, The news Channel reported.

Sudan prez al-Bashir and Saudi king-daddy Salman exchanging pleasantries:

post-50209-0-32679700-1430987248_thumb.j

There have been suggestions that Israel has bombed targets in Sudan on two or three occasions over the last 5-6 years. It's all a bit murky though.

• Like 1

There have been suggestions that Israel has bombed targets in Sudan on two or three occasions over the last 5-6 years. It's all a bit murky though.

I could be mistaken, but i thought they confirmed it, at least on one occasion anyway?

Suggested by the Sudanese and few others. Every country has their conspiracy nuts, after all. But if I remember the exact situation correctly, Israel would have been justified in doing so.

Suggested by the Sudanese and few others. Every country has their conspiracy nuts, after all. But if I remember the exact situation correctly, Israel would have been justified in doing so.

Then you would be incorrect.

The problem occurs when the crew is held indefinitely and not charged with any real crime. Iran has a history of holding foreign nationals against their will for extended periods. If Carter had been a man with a spine America would have lost the 52 hostages and Iran would have lost a few CITIES. Had he acted so it's possible that this viper's nest wouldn't be quite so energetic these days. No worries though, there's always tomorrow ;)

Update:

Iran Releases Seized Marshall Islands-Flagged Ship:

''Iran on Thursday released a Marshall Islands-flagged cargo ship that its navy seized last week, allowing it to leave Iranian waters, according to government-controlled media.

[...]

Afkham said the ship's crew of 30, which did not include any Americans, were safe and healthy when they left Iranian waters, according to Fars.''

Link: http://www.usatoday....-ahip/70933182/

Edited by samus
  • Like 1

Do people still try and seriously peddle this lie? Thats what ya get for trusting memri with translations.

I wasn’t even thinking about that one. Granted, the translations may be off, but the programing amounts to the same thing. Even if the article is correct in its translation, it still imprints the concept of hatred for the Jew into the young minds of children. Golda Meir’s quote is as valid today as it was then “Peace will come when the Arabs will love their children more than they hate us”. Teaching their children hate is not loving them. But don’t let me change your mind on what *YOU* believe is a lie. “There’s one born every minute”.

I was thinking more along the lines of this one:

There are many like it. Sure, it is from PMW but can you debunk the translation in this one? It’s a series of clips. It’s the same with any other that has been available from searching the net. Language like this programs hatred of anyone that is not Muslim. What’s important here isn’t the exact translation, it’s the fact that such programing goes on. Children of that age cannot decipher the meaning and history behind the hatred of the words, but they are susceptible to the pre-programming. All children in every country are programmed, it’s just what and how are they programmed. The Sahabah were the generation of Muslims that were born in the time of Muhammed. It is this generation that is known as the "Best Generation". Each successive generation since has been “not as good” as the one before. The Palestinian Children of today already start off with a 1400 year inferiority complex. So they end up being pressured to do something grand to return the greatness of Islam.

You notice the phrase “Allah willing” mentioned several times. For a Muslim, it is second nature to speak. This is code for martyrdom. Being taught to children. Muslim children learn to be martyrs for the future, and not growing up to live a good life. We can see a good example and contrast from a most significant event from our recent past. 19 Wahhabists sacrificed themselves by flying planes into buildings killing thousands. They sacrificed themselves because we stepped on Muslim soil and desecrated it and also because we refuse to speak the Shahada and submit to the will of Allah. They have their mindsets molded to do this from childhood. In contrast, we saw how the firemen rushed in these burning buildings without pause and sacrificed themselves to rescue people. It’s a good comparison of the two mindsets. Which one would you prefer to teach your children?

Golda also said “We can forgive [them] for killing our children. We cannot forgive them from forcing us to kill their children.

It is true we have won all our wars, but we have paid for them. We don't want victories anymore.

We owe a responsibility not only to those who are in Israel but also to those generations that are no more, to those millions who have died within our lifetime, to Jews all over the world, and to generations of Jews to come. We hate war. We do not rejoice in victories. We rejoice when a new kind of cotton is grown, and when strawberries bloom in Israel.

And then compare those to what all Palestinians believe:

The prophet, prayer and peace be upon him, said: The time will not come until Muslims will fight the Jews (and kill them); until the Jews hide behind rocks and trees, which will cry: O Muslim! there is a Jew hiding behind me, come on and kill him! This will not apply to the Gharqad, which is a Jewish tree.

Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.

you see both sides clearly? What a joke.

The joke is you. I believe I’ve backed up my statement.

• Like 2

I wasn't even thinking about that one. Granted, the translations may be off, but the programing amounts to the same thing. Even if the article is correct in its translation, it still imprints the concept of hatred for the Jew into the young minds of children. Golda Meir's quote is as valid today as it was then "Peace will come when the Arabs will love their children more than they hate us". Teaching their children hate is not loving them. But don't let me change your mind on what *YOU* believe is a lie. "There's one born every minute".

I was thinking more along the lines of this one:

There are many like it. Sure, it is from PMW but can you debunk the translation in this one? It's a series of clips. It's the same with any other that has been available from searching the net. Language like this programs hatred of anyone that is not Muslim. What's important here isn't the exact translation, it's the fact that such programing goes on. Children of that age cannot decipher the meaning and history behind the hatred of the words, but they are susceptible to the pre-programming. All children in every country are programmed, it's just what and how are they programmed. The Sahabah were the generation of Muslims that were born in the time of Muhammed. It is this generation that is known as the "Best Generation". Each successive generation since has been "not as good" as the one before. The Palestinian Children of today already start off with a 1400 year inferiority complex. So they end up being pressured to do something grand to return the greatness of Islam.

You notice the phrase "Allah willing" mentioned several times. For a Muslim, it is second nature to speak. This is code for martyrdom. Being taught to children. Muslim children learn to be martyrs for the future, and not growing up to live a good life. We can see a good example and contrast from a most significant event from our recent past. 19 Wahhabists sacrificed themselves by flying planes into buildings killing thousands. They sacrificed themselves because we stepped on Muslim soil and desecrated it and also because we refuse to speak the Shahada and submit to the will of Allah. They have their mindsets molded to do this from childhood. In contrast, we saw how the firemen rushed in these burning buildings without pause and sacrificed themselves to rescue people. It's a good comparison of the two mindsets. Which one would you prefer to teach your children?

Golda also said "We can forgive [them] for killing our children. We cannot forgive them from forcing us to kill their children."

"It is true we have won all our wars, but we have paid for them. We don't want victories anymore."

"We owe a responsibility not only to those who are in Israel but also to those generations that are no more, to those millions who have died within our lifetime, to Jews all over the world, and to generations of Jews to come. We hate war. We do not rejoice in victories. We rejoice when a new kind of cotton is grown, and when strawberries bloom in Israel."

And then compare those to what all Palestinians believe:

The prophet, prayer and peace be upon him, said: The time will not come until Muslims will fight the Jews (and kill them); until the Jews hide behind rocks and trees, which will cry: O Muslim! there is a Jew hiding behind me, come on and kill him! This will not apply to the Gharqad, which is a Jewish tree.

Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.

The joke is you. I believe I've backed up my statement.

You just keep telling yourself that then while the normal people deal with reality, ok? I dont have any time to correct your lies, mistakes and incorrect information at the moment, maybe later when ive got 5 mins. You have only backed it with more of your zionist propaganda. Nothing new or noteworthy. The one you have linked to is also from the same series that memri has been giving mistranslations from, so its accuracy at best is zero.

Edited by Degen

RE: Israel bombs Sudan military weapon targets north of Khartoum... weapons bound for Iranian-backed Hezbollah or Hamas ?... a report not confirmed or denied by Israel and reported by arab news agency al-araby

hmmm... In late March Sudan's al-Bashir was photographed meeting with king Salman and has joined in the bombing campaign against houthis rebels in Yemen..... We're being told the Iranians back the Houthis.... yet Sudan is providing military jets to help Saudi Arabia bomb them?

just curious....

How does any of this make any sense????

I have no idea but this isn't the first attack by the IAF against weapons in Sudan. The idea that Israel would randomly attack a convoy or a weapons depot so far from their own territory makes no sense
  • Like 1

And what does that have to do with Erdogan wanting parts of Syria?

It's not hard to rationalise buddy. Why would anyone follow a leader who they don't respect?

I don't know if anybody knows what goes on in Turkey?? One minute it's "most Turks are steeped in secularism" and the next minute, it's devout Islam. Turkey is the place people go to cross the border so that they can join ISIS.

LOL. You surely don't know what goes on.

Yes, of course. And? When you have territorial desires, it's harder to get rid of the established dictator than a militant group. You can wage all-out war on the militant group (after they get rid of the dictator) without raising many questions from the other nations.

Again, a lack of rationalisation on your behalf. It's not about conquering and getting rid of anyone, it's about not wanting extremists moving in next door who may try to influence their own internal politics.

I don't recall where it is but somewhere on this forum is a link to an audio clip of Erdogan and his ministers (Or perhaps just his ministers) discussing such an event. If Assad goes, there is no Syria. Northern Syria then needs to be rescued from ISIS.

Even if Northern Syria falls to ISIS, Turkey has never shown any intent whatsover to want to annex this territory. There are close to 15 million Kurds in Turkey. Most of them live in the Anatolian region the Kurds call Northern Kurdistan. This borders with what the Kurds call Western Kurdistan which is basically Northern Syria. There are approximately 3 million Kurds living in Northern Syria. Any fool would realise that combining the two regions and people together would be political suicide and fall straight into the hands of Kurdish Nationalism. LOL

Of course they would. Bill O'Reilly said so.

The US Govt offering $68 million in aid!! Most likely $68 million to help the SA backed Yemeni Govt fight the Houthis. But you would have thought the Saudis had enough money to cover the costs wouldn't you unless the money is TRULY for Humanitarian Aid??! Which would make things pretty weird. On the one hand the US is taking sides in the fight and on the other they're supplying Humanitarian Aid. :blink:

• Like 1