Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I Was Born With a Veil Over My Face

Strangeluck

My Mom repeatedly told me over the years that I was born with a veil over my face. I didn't really know what it was at the time so I researched and looked it up. It's being born with a layer of skin over the face. Doctors would surgically remove it.

I also found out that a person born with a Veil over there face is also called a Caulbearer. And then it also said: Caulbearers are often found to have psychic abilities in matters of finding underground water supplies, knowing when weather patterns will change, predicting when fish and other food supplies will become plentiful.

Many are great natural healers, which trait may be manifested by the laying on of their hands, or remotely from a distance. Many are considered to have great ability in matters of judgement and ruling nations and often possess insights which are difficult to appreciate by other people.

Jesus Christ was a Caulbearer and so are Dalai Lama's.

But ever since I was little I had this high pitch ringing in my ears. It doesn't bother me and I been hearing it all my life. I thought it was normal and I thought everyone heard it.

I even went to the Doctor's cause I thought it might be Tinnitus.

They found nothing and said I am healthy. It's started getting worse (maybe not worse) but it seem other things started happening ever since I became proficient at meditation.

Not only do I hear one constant high pitch ringing but off and on I would hear low tones and high tones. So three different ringing sounds. Left and right ear or both ears sometimes.

I know there spirits trying to talk to me but there vibrations to fast and I haven't reached there frequency yet.

I feel spirits,I have dreams of people I don't know. In my dreams some spirits told me how they died. I realized since I can't hear them yet they come to me in my dreams.

And there is a lot of other sh@# I can't explain. But I take in stride.

Someone told my I am going through Ascension. And (ringing) is not only spirits but that I am in tune with the Universe. That's why I hear the ringing.

It's amazing and it's wonderful and it creeps me out sometimes.

• Like 8

Historically, sailors used to carry a dried caul with them to ensure good luck and fine weather.

• Like 2

I think this is just a medical anomaly that - way back before medical advances- people didn't know what this was and all that. This is what started the legends and myth's about being a psychic. It can be likened to the earlier days of ingesting certain *poisons* and people mistook that for being possessed by a demon, you know? This doesn't mean that you can't in fact, have some intuition or special insights on things. It sounds to me that you might have some Empath tendencies which basically means you *feel* stuff a lot more than other people. Those things are quite common and are not super powers or anything; just a different way to perceiving things. I wouldn't worry about this at all. It's nothing bad or anything. I think everyone has a certain degree of intuition (or gut feelings). Here is something on Empath's. See if it fits what you are feeling:

http://themindunleashed.org/2013/10/30-traits-of-empath.html

Good luck on your journey!! :tu: And WELCOME to UM!! 10hjexj.jpg There are a lot of article and stories in this section that might interest and help you - http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showforum=13

Happy Posting :)

• Like 1

i was born with this extra flap of skin on... Whoopsy.

(Censoring myself is probably a good idea right about now, huh?) :lol:

Welcome to UM, Strangeluck!

That's quite the strange happening.

Up until now, i never knew such a thing could happen.

Have you tried any EVP recording?

Maybe you'll get something. It's worth a go.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

welcome to UM Strangeluck.. I took hear ringing in my ears once in a while since i was a kid. The ring sounds a lot like after a grenade exploded right next to you

Hmmm.... The ringing is more like a comforting ring. It's high pitched but not annoying. On my Birthday with the ringing came a very deep low tone. And my ears got very Warm almost hot.

I knew that was my Aunt wishing me a "Happy Birthday"who died of Breast Cancer 10 years ago. We share the same birthday and she gave me my Birth name.

The Low tone and warm ears lasted 15 minutes.

• Like 1

Welcome Strangeluck. My Ma was born with one of those.. and she was so intuitive it was spooky. She would always say.. "i just know". and she did!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That's the way it works. You just know. As a Caulbearer being Intuitive is one of many gifts.

Does your Mom have a small Mark or indention in the center of her forehead above her eyebrows?

I have one and shaped like a tiny eye.

It tickles a lot.

Your Mom also may have a host of other abilities. Ask her about them. I know besides being Intuitive. I am also a full Medium,a slight Psychometrist, a slight Telepath,Claircognizance,Clairstentient,Clairaudient,

And there are other abilities I have that may not have names.

Sometimes they work one at a time and other times all at once! One thing I hate about Clairstentient is. Meeting people and knowing how they actually feel when they tell you something else😐.

• Like 1

I've never heard of this before, Im facinated!

Not sure how it would correlate with psychic ability, I always wonder how these legends begin. I'm going to go google this topic now :P so interesting!

• Like 1

That's the way it works. You just know. As a Caulbearer being Intuitive is one of many gifts.

Does your Mom have a small Mark or indention in the center of her forehead above her eyebrows?

I have one and shaped like a tiny eye.

It tickles a lot.

Your Mom also may have a host of other abilities. Ask her about them. I know besides being Intuitive. I am also a full Medium,a slight Psychometrist, a slight Telepath,Claircognizance,Clairstentient,Clairaudient,

And there are other abilities I have that may not have names.

Sometimes they work one at a time and other times all at once! One thing I hate about Clairstentient is. Meeting people and knowing how they actually feel when they tell you something else��.

hi Strangeluck, pardon me for the late reply ... i don't remember her having a mark or indentation in that spot... (and can't see any in photos). ...or any other Unusual abilities ..... she had a lot of wonderful qualities though, she was a Very positive and energetic person. .. A little LOUD lol . I have my Dad's eyes and my Mom's MOUTH .

She could 'read' people amazingly well... she seemed to be able to "size them up" and discern their 'character' very quickly and accurately.

Edited by lightly

• 8 months later...

Hi all, I too was born with a veil, had visions as a child. lost some of it in my mid years now its coming back as I age..i tell myself I am not alone that I cant be the only person like me..and here you are..

• Like 2

My Mom repeatedly told me over the years that I was born with a veil over my face. I didn't really know what it was at the time so I researched and looked it up. It's being born with a layer of skin over the face. Doctors would surgically remove it.

I also found out that a person born with a Veil over there face is also called a Caulbearer. And then it also said: Caulbearers are often found to have psychic abilities in matters of finding underground water supplies, knowing when weather patterns will change, predicting when fish and other food supplies will become plentiful.

Many are great natural healers, which trait may be manifested by the laying on of their hands, or remotely from a distance. Many are considered to have great ability in matters of judgement and ruling nations and often possess insights which are difficult to appreciate by other people.

Jesus Christ was a Caulbearer and so are Dalai Lama's.

But ever since I was little I had this high pitch ringing in my ears. It doesn't bother me and I been hearing it all my life. I thought it was normal and I thought everyone heard it.

I even went to the Doctor's cause I thought it might be Tinnitus.

They found nothing and said I am healthy. It's started getting worse (maybe not worse) but it seem other things started happening ever since I became proficient at meditation.

Not only do I hear one constant high pitch ringing but off and on I would hear low tones and high tones. So three different ringing sounds. Left and right ear or both ears sometimes.

I know there spirits trying to talk to me but there vibrations to fast and I haven't reached there frequency yet.

I feel spirits,I have dreams of people I don't know. In my dreams some spirits told me how they died. I realized since I can't hear them yet they come to me in my dreams.

And there is a lot of other sh@# I can't explain. But I take in stride.

Someone told my I am going through Ascension. And (ringing) is not only spirits but that I am in tune with the Universe. That's why I hear the ringing.

It's amazing and it's wonderful and it creeps me out sometimes.

Jesus Christ was a caulbearer? Where did you hear that?

• Like 1

My mother was born on Good Friday and was born with a veil over her face. This was said to bring good luck. My mother had a very good 6th sense and was generally a good judge of character. Most of the time she could guess how someone would react to something or could guess where a political or social event was going. A lot of this had to do with being an avid reader, watching the news, reading the newspapers.

Another think that my mom was told that because she was born with a veil over her face she would never die of drowning and anyone on a ship with her would never drown.

It's too bad that this good luck didn't extend to her health as my mother throughout much of her life had health issues and died rather young (at age 68).

Jesus Christ was a caulbearer? Where did you hear that?

just did a bit of a search.. and I could not find any place bar one site that says he was.. the site that said he was also said alexander the great was as well

this is the first I have heard of him being mentioned as a caulbearer.. Unless its supressed by the church or some such nonsense

just did a bit of a search.. and I could not find any place bar one site that says he was.. the site that said he was also said alexander the great was as well

this is the first I have heard of him being mentioned as a caulbearer.. Unless its supressed by the church or some such nonsense

We know very little about the birth of Jesus. It doesn't say anything in The Bible about this so I'm dismissing this claim.

One of my great (great) grandparents was born on the ship " The Violet", while sailing to Australia in the mid 1800s. i just googled It was a barque of 561 tons and The Violet arrived at Port Adelaide, South Australia on 13 April 1856 after a voyage of about 122 days. On board were 237 emigrants i He was born with a caul. The sailors were ecstatic, as tradition had it that no one born with a caul could drown, and this meant the ship was safe while the baby was on it.

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

I was born with a hole in my heart, but that doesn't mean I have psychic powers. :)

Face skin is just one of many medical anomalies, the embryo is very sensitive to minor changes, both on the external (environmental) and the internal (genes). The "veil" is simply a layer of embryonic skin that was never re-absorbed before birth. Some babies are born with a soft downy coat called "lanugo" which is shead shortly after birth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't know much about this or even think about it, but I also hear ringing and have abilities that just seem to prove that I have a 6th sense. I also have a hole in my right ear which has a medical explanation. However, my mother told me that I would be linked to the underworld (death). I do believe that whatever the "old folks say" is solid.

Hey, a new guy!

Ear cartilage can be deformed by bacteria and genetic anomalies, no need to worry! :)

• 6 months later...

I was born with a veil over my face really didn't know much about till I looked it up I don't know I haven't experienced anything or noticed anything maybe because it would really freak me out I just wish I knew more about it my mom told me about too and I told her if I'm suppose to have some Pychic ability or something I don't see anything or hear anything I think I would really get scared if that happened 

On 4/23/2015 at 6:42 AM, MissJatti said:

welcome to UM Strangeluck.. I took hear ringing in my ears once in a while since i was a kid. The ring sounds a lot like after a grenade exploded right next to you

I'd have to agree with the medical angle too.  I've had ringing in my ear too, ever since I was 12 when my dad let me shoot his 357 without ear protection.  Was deaf in my right ear for the better part of a week after that and have diminished hearing in it ever since.

• This topic was locked and unlocked