Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bees Could Be Addicted To Pesticides

Still Waters

Like nicotine for humans, certain pesticides seem to hold an addictive attraction for bees, which seek out tainted food even if it may be bad for them, according to new research.

Not only did bees show no signs of avoiding neonicotinoid-laced food in lab tests, they seemed to prefer it, said a study in the journal Nature.

http://news.discover...ides-150423.htm

Time to open up a Mcneonicotinoid-laced joint next to pollen town.

alt:

Who can blame them for wanting to end the life destroying toil of constantly working for the collective good rather than fulfilling their own selfish needs?

alt:

Land of milk and honey and neonicotinoid-laced foods just does not sound as poetic.

alt:

So bees have finally embraced the 'merican lifestyle?

alt:

Cut to the chase does this make the honey sweeter or not?

alt:

Has anybody tried talking to the bees about the destructive nature of neonicotinoid-laced foods?

alt:

So my line of neonicotinoid-laced shirts and shimmies marketed at people who are hyper allergic to bee stings may not go over as well as originally planned?

alt:

So neonicotinoid-laced, but it is still legal for me to buy it and use it like a responsible adult, right?

alt:

So now I know the secrete of how the guy with the bee beard got those nasty little devils to squat all up and in his face.

edit; alt:

This explains why Johnny "neonicotinoid-laced seed" was always accompanied by a vast plague of bees.

alt:

But this food does not cause them pleasure. Because I find it difficult to enjoy the honey I steal from them knowing that they might have experienced some form of joy or pleasure at some point in manufacturing it.

Edited by bubblykiss
  • Like 2

Something worries me about the way your mind works bubblykiss

• Like 3

Something worries me about the way your mind works bubblykiss

I love it :lol: but oh...maybe that's not saying much either... :lol:

I do feel badly for these bees. We need them! I never ever swat at or kill bees around here. I try to catch them in a jar (if they are inside or pestering my dogs) and release them towards my flowers or gardens. Bees need love too! Poor little things.

• Like 1

oh good i have a lot to say about this subject, oh shi.........

and i am writing like ee cummings due 2 the evil cat being asleep on mmy right mit.

• Like 1

I love it :lol: but oh...maybe that's not saying much either... :lol:

I do feel badly for these bees. We need them! I never ever swat at or kill bees around here. I try to catch them in a jar (if they are inside or pestering my dogs) and release them towards my flowers or gardens. Bees need love too! Poor little things.

We have the huge bumble bees that bore their way into the wood on our porch. I love them. Most people ask me why i don't kill them, as they duck, dodge and spring their way into my home to get away.

But if you don't bother them they won't bother you. Besides the occasional buzzing past your head of course...

Edited by xxxdemonxxx
  • Like 1

We have the huge bumble bees that bore their way into the wood on our porch. I love them. Most people ask me why i don't kill them, as they duck, dodge and spring their way into my home to get away.

But if you don't bother them they won't bother you. Besides the occasional buzzing past your head of course...

Wood boring bees, I have them too. Having sawn through a pressure treated 4x4 and seeing the damage they do, I would not recommend letting them gnaw their way through your home. A tennis racket works wonders, and no pesticide needed.

• Like 3

Yep I have them too. They are huge! We just fill in the holes they make and try to get them to go somewhere else. My dogs go nuts and try to chase them. It's rather comical over here at times :lol: I like to keep them somewhat close though so they can pollinate my plants and veggies and all that :tu:
  • Like 1

Wood boring bees, I have them too. Having sawn through a pressure treated 4x4 and seeing the damage they do, I would not recommend letting them gnaw their way through your home. A tennis racket works wonders, and no pesticide needed.

I know excactly what your talking about. I have an old racquetball racket on my porch, it's the perfect anti-insect weapon.

• Like 1

Rehab for bees.

I have just the person to fix these bees addiction problem, Excel Excel codename Excel.

0000178712.jpg

• Like 1

I know excactly what your talking about. I have an old racquetball racket on my porch, it's the perfect anti-insect weapon.

Yep when people ask me if I like B-ball, we may not be talking about the same sport!

Maybe scientists can develop a tiny little Patch that they poor bugs can use to help get over their addiction. Getting those pin tip sized patches onto each bee is the beekeepers issue.

• Like 1

Its happening! The green brain will soon be here to take over! ALL GLORY TO THE GREEN BRAIN!

This is fairly depressing.

Humanity's defining characteristic is getting other species hooked on drugs that will kill you.