Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The UK General Election - May 7th 2015

bee

Do you honestly believe that the Conservatives would have done anything different. Be honest now, you know they would not because they are packed to the gunnels with banking lobbyists.

Br Cornelius

I'm not speculating on what they would or wouldn't have done or the extent of it because I do not know. However Labour did and it was an extensive nationalisation.

they were just saying on the local TV news that in the West Midlands around a third of voters are still undecided - millions of them

and I expect it's similar in other areas...?

so perhaps we could be in for some surprises in spite of the predictions - ???? :)

(maybe)

We should have one king to rule them all.. :D

Move over Liz..

Oooooh ! if LIz reads this you're off to the Tower no messing.
  • Like 1

Guest Br Cornelius

I'm not speculating on what they would or wouldn't have done or the extent of it because I do not know. However Labour did and it was an extensive nationalisation.

I think then you are living in denial.

The banks had the Government over a barrel and openly stated that they would stop the money flow to the streets if they didn't get Nationalised/bailouts.

The threat of bank runs was unacceptable - and had already started when Northern Rock went to the wall.

The outcome would have been exactly the same which ever people were in power, and we only need to look to the other countries where similar situations developed to see the proof.

Br Cornelius

Labour still has Tony B liar still lurking in the shadows,the Tory's have William Haig still trying his best to imitate Churchill. the Lib/Dems have Paddy Ashdown, the Green Party are still busy climbing trees, where does that leave us. Oh I guess Nigel will be ok ,IF he stays sober and will he be influenced by his Fr...err French wife.

• Like 2

Labour still has Tony B liar still lurking in the shadows,the Tory's have William Haig still trying his best to imitate Churchill. the Lib/Dems have Paddy Ashdown, the Green Party are still busy climbing trees, where does that leave us. Oh I guess Nigel will be ok ,IF he stays sober and will he be influenced by his Fr...err French wife.

German wife.

I think then you are living in denial.

The banks had the Government over a barrel and openly stated that they would stop the money flow to the streets if they didn't get Nationalised/bailouts.

The threat of bank runs was unacceptable - and had already started when Northern Rock went to the wall.

The outcome would have been exactly the same which ever people were in power, and we only need to look to the other countries where similar situations developed to see the proof.

Br Cornelius

As the Conservatives don't like state owned enterprises I think we shouldn't assume they would have reacted in the same way, or to the same extent, as the Labour Party did.

Tony Blair - War criminal

Gordon Brown - One of the most unpopular, and unelected, Prime Ministers of all time. He sold our gold reserves and raided pension funds. He nationalised all the banks giving us our national debt. Then, and this is a big then, he actually increased spending instead of reducing it. His publically commented that 'the next Government won't get re-elected for 50 years' and I think his increased spending was a deliberate attempt to ruin the Conservatives. It failed. He was also a prude calling old women racists (caught on microphone) for wanting something done about mass immigration.

Ed Miliband - While he will be a victim of the actions of his predecessors he also has no charisma, no viable way forward except to continue selling us out to Europe, no power to stop mass immigration or scale it back and a poor economic plan.

Now I don't claim the Conservatives are perfect, they won't be getting my vote either. It is going to UKIP. While they might only get 5 MPs (at best) unless the nation grows them we will have to put up with the same bull for many more years to come.

Ed Miliband - While he will be a victim of the actions of his predecessors he also has no charisma, no viable way forward except to continue selling us out to Europe, no power to stop mass immigration or scale it back and a poor economic plan.

Ed Milliband has the Charisma of a wet Salmon in Thunderstorm.

Edited by shaddow134
  • Like 2

Do you honestly believe that the Conservatives would have done anything different. Be honest now, you know they would not because they are packed to the gunnels with banking lobbyists.

Br Cornelius

Of course not. There is no choice, only the illusion of choice. No matter who you vote for, or who wins the election, the UK will be in the same place in 15 years.

Of course not. There is no choice, only the illusion of choice. No matter who you vote for, or who wins the election, the UK will be in the same place in 15 years.

Sooo? Who or what would you choose?

Sooo? Who or what would you choose?

Does it matter?

Oh well, i'm off to vote SNP. See you later.

:unsure2:

German wife.

Ok german,frog whats the difference,they all hate us, except the Dutch and Danes,thanks anyway

Do the germans hate us? I don't think they do. You mustn't make the mistake of confusing politicians and their machinations with the views of the ordinary people.

Guest Br Cornelius

Ok german,frog whats the difference,they all hate us, except the Dutch and Danes,thanks anyway

Thats why the British aren't loved - because they have a persecution complex which is entirely imaginary.

Br Cornelius

Thats why the British aren't loved - because they have a persecution complex which is entirely imaginary.

Br Cornelius

Are you any better off being in Europe.They don't like us because we don't agree with their policies, and we didn't change our currency, just as well.They are jealous of our achievements.

Anyone been to vote yet?

I'm in work but there is a polling station right across the road from where I live so will be going once I get home from work.

Are you any better off being in Europe.They don't like us because we don't agree with their policies, and we didn't change our currency, just as well.They are jealous of our achievements.

Who do you mean by "they"? The entire population of germany? We seem pretty popular with the Poles, you must admit.

what are these achievements, by the way? having all our industry owned by Germany, China or India?

Guest Br Cornelius

We are considerably better off been members of Europe, it helped transform and modernize the Irish economy in less than 30years.

The only thing that really p***es off the other European nations regarding Britain is the destabilizing influence of the square mile and the predatory nature of the corporate tax rates. The UK undercuts the rest of Europe not by dint off skill or effort but by bribes.

No one is really jealous of the UK in any meaningful way. Many Europeans think that the UK has some good ideas which should be adopted Europe wide, but no one thinks that the UK is a fantastic example to copy - Germany holds that position.

I was listening to coverage of the election on Irish radio this morning and they interviewed two UK business representatives who both declared their profound wish that the UK would remain within the EU because it was good for UK industry. You really don't here anyone in the know argue against this position outside of the right wing of the conservative party.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Br Cornelius

What is this UK industry? Everything is owned by China or india, surely.

Guest Br Cornelius

What is this UK industry? Everything is owned by China or india, surely.

There is plenty of small to medium sized industry owned by the British and surprisingly these are some of the companies which are most dependent on the multinationals for their business. These are the companies who supply the nuts and bolts for all those Nissan cars which are exported all over Europe. This is the sector which would suffer the most in any EU pull out and this is the sector who the industry bodies are talking about when they defend the UK's membership on business terms.

Br Cornelius

I voted

I might go along later, but the only possible reason would be to prevent the Labour party from being in any dominant position, not because any of what any of them have to offer either appeals, or is remotely realistic. Really the really important issues are the ones that probably very few people will take into account - how likely is any future Government to get us involved in military interventions, do they support NATO's sabre-rattling and insane ideas like bringing Ukraine into NATO, do they believe in "Humanitarian" military intervention, are they likely to support the US Govt. in everything they do, will they continue to support Israel unqiestioningly. those kind of issues, and to be honest the only one of any of them who's spoken any sense on that is old Nigel F.

We are considerably better off been members of Europe, it helped transform and modernize the Irish economy in less than 30years.

The only thing that really p***es off the other European nations regarding Britain is the destabilizing influence of the square mile and the predatory nature of the corporate tax rates. The UK undercuts the rest of Europe not by dint off skill or effort but by bribes.

No one is really jealous of the UK in any meaningful way. Many Europeans think that the UK has some good ideas which should be adopted Europe wide, but no one thinks that the UK is a fantastic example to copy - Germany holds that position.

I was listening to coverage of the election on Irish radio this morning and they interviewed two UK business representatives who both declared their profound wish that the UK would remain within the EU because it was good for UK industry. You really don't here anyone in the know argue against this position outside of the right wing of the conservative party.

Br Cornelius

Non of the working class people around here want to stay in Europe, why do you think U.K.I.P. has become so popular, its because they have said we want Out of Europe and we don't want to be ruled by European Law.
  • Like 1

But is what the Masses feel really what's the best in the long term? We all know how easy it is to influence the masses (into believing, for instance, that all foreigners hate them), and what they may want may not necessarily be what's good in the long term or for the economy as a whole.