Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is there a tomb in this pre-Aztec pyramid

seeder

It's possible the mercury served a woo-woo purpose. Something perhaps associated with swivel-eyed lunacy. Very flippant reply.

Well, yea, but I think you just cracked the code on this one with that thrilling Beauty and the Beast factoid. Not only do we now probably know what the mercury was for (stunning effects!), but we can also regale flocks of teenage girls with our background knowledge of such a marvelous film!

• Like 2

It's possible the mercury served a functional purpose. Something perhaps associated with field generation. Very interesting findings.

A rather vague comment. Perhaps you would care to elaborate?

...we can also regale flocks of teenage girls with our background knowledge of such a marvelous film!

Sounds like he meant fielding members of the younger generation.

Harte

PS - 9 more posts

Edited by Harte

• 4 weeks later...

I could be wrong about this but I vaguely recollect readings about the vimana stated that mercury was an important element in their operation.

I could be wrong about this but I vaguely recollect readings about the vimana stated that mercury was an important element in their operation.

Yes its part of the made up stories about them and some sort of mercury vortex engines or some such . AFAWK their is no validity to these channeled stories, no archaeological or technically evidence they ever existed.

Here is the Wikipedia entry on the source of that.

http://en.wikipedia....Änika_ShÄstra

Our own Mr, Vergina Harte is an expert on this question and he should be along later to answer any questions you might have.

Edited by Hanslune

Back in those days mercury is closely associated with all things gold and silver ~ if I'm not stretching my neck out too far ~ till this very day in some parts of the world

Yes its part of the made up stories about them and some sort of mercury vortex engines or some such . AFAWK their is no validity to these channeled stories, no archaeological or technically evidence they ever existed.

Our own Mr, Vergina Harte is an expert on this question and he should be along later to answer any questions you might have.

Shhhh!!! You must not speak the dark lords name!

Seriously though thanks for the link. I'm usually cautious with things Childress endorses especially when it deals with the ancient astronaut theory.

I'll chime in to correct you.

The mercury claim is also found in actual Vedic literature, supposedly. In the Samarangana Sutradhara.

From a blurb on the book jacket of an English translation currently on sale here:

Samarangana Sutradhara is in eighty three chapters with chapter thirty one specializing in the mechanical contrivances and Yantras, having verses 95-100 dealing with the construction of bird shaped aerial cars and verses 101-107 dealing with the Robots meant to act as guards.

I believe this is in there because I've seen similar statements - including the mercury thing - on several bookselling sites. I haven't read the thing because as far as I can tell, any English version available is too new to be in the public domain and so you can't get it for free online like many other Vedas. I ain't about to pay to confirm that there is or is not mention of mercury engines in ancient Vedic literature. I'll take that as a given.

There is a free online version though, if you can read it, right here.

As an aside, I'd like to mention that most fringe sites/proponents claim that the phrase "Samarangana Sutradhara" translates in English to "Battlefield Commander." That is a lie. I used to know the translation but I've forgotten it right now. I'm on a new computer these days after a hard drive crash and that drive had the link to the site where I found the English translation for that phrase. It was another bookselling site, if anyone want's to go looking.

At any rate, if anyone is looking into the Samarangana Sutradhara, If you find yourself on a site that claims it means "Battlefield Commander" (usually accompanied by an attribution to R. Cedric Leonard as the translator) you might as well move on and stop reading right there, as you have already been lied to.

Harte

Edited by Harte
  • Like 1

I'll chime in to correct you.

The mercury claim is also found in actual Vedic literature, supposedly. In the Samarangana Sutradhara.

From a blurb on the book jacket of an English translation currently on sale here:

I believe this is in there because I've seen similar statements - including the mercury thing - on several bookselling sites. I haven't read the thing because as far as I can tell, any English version available is too new to be in the public domain and so you can't get it for free online like many other Vedas. I ain't about to pay to confirm that there is or is not mention of mercury engines in ancient Vedic literature. I'll take that as a given.

There is a free online version though, if you can read it, right here.

As an aside, I'd like to mention that most fringe sites/proponents claim that the phrase "Samarangana Sutradhara" translates in English to "Battlefield Commander." That is a lie. I used to know the translation but I've forgotten it right now. I'm on a new computer these days after a hard drive crash and that drive had the link to the site where I found the English translation for that phrase. It was another bookselling site, if anyone want's to go looking.

At any rate, if anyone is looking into the Samarangana Sutradhara, If you find yourself on a site that claims it means "Battlefield Commander" (usually accompanied by an attribution to R. Cedric Leonard as the translator) you might as well move on and stop reading right there, as you have already been lied to.

Harte

Thanks for the Update!

You're not R. Cedric Leonard in real life, are you Hans?

Harte

Ancient people believed mercury had magical properties.

Ohhh yeah..... Just try to quit watching this.... :sk

You're not R. Cedric Leonard in real life, are you Hans?

Harte

I asked my cat and she definitely said no!

I noted this in RCL's bio

In 1975 the Morocco Exploration, sponsored by Europa House at the University of Illinois, took him on to Portugal, Spain, and Morocco (North Africa) where he was able to visit important archaeological sites, libraries, and museums which otherwise would have been unavailable to him. Enthusiasm for these travels was fired by his intense interest in identifying vestigial traces of Atlantean culture.

'identifying vestigial traces of Atlantean culture'

I wonder how one does that?

Edited by Hanslune

I asked my cat and she definitely said no!

I noted this in RCL's bio

'identifying vestigial traces of Atlantean culture'

I wonder how one does that?

Same way any other fringer "knows" something: they sense the ability to convince someone else to pay for the information.

--Jaylemurph

Edited by jaylemurph
  • Like 1

In so far as deuterium is used as a propulsion method in the USS enterprise, yes.

In so far as deuterium is used as a propulsion method in the USS enterprise, yes.

A little know fact: Deuterium was not a physical element but the last name of Hugo Deuterium a huge alien gerbil like creature.

• Like 1