Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tiny robot can haul 100 times its own weight

UM-Bot

Engineers at Stanford University have developed a tiny robot with some impressive pulling power.

In the animal kingdom ants are well known for their ability to carry objects exceeding several times their own body weight, but now a group of mechanical engineers from California has managed to put together a robot exhibiting a similarly mighty carrying capacity.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/280822/tiny-robot-can-haul-100-times-its-own-weight

• Like 2

What makes that tiny ant-bot think it can move that big banana plant?

Alt:

Sounds like an expensive and slow way to move sand.

That's the cutest little robot thing. Reminds me of a little ant when you see them carrying something 15x their size. :lol:

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

• Like 1

I hope they market this for the everyday Joe... I can't count how many times I've tried to move my blue whale from my pool to the pond.

• Like 2

Its not what you lift, but how you lift it.

Now then can it drag a beer out of the fridge for me, then open it and pour it for me?

• Like 1

Being trained as a mechanical engineer, I find what these robots are doing to be amazing. Dragging large items up the wall!

My thoughts turn to the movie I Robot, where the cars were driving up the outside of buildings.

This is so cool. I hope they put more development into them so we can et bigger versions.