Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Could Be New Soon (ISIS Moved Into Afghan)

LucidElement

New photos purport to show ISIS fighters training at a terrorist camp in Afghanistan, near the Pakistani border, in what may be yet another sign of the black-clad jihadist army's expanding reach.

The pictures, obtained by a Pakistani journalist earlier this month and published by the military blog The Long War Journal, show apparent ISIS radicals training, marching in formation and brandishing heavy artillery.

Good thing Obama pulled all the US troops out of the middle east right?? (Said NO ONE ever) Now you have ISIS spreading into Afghanistan. I know many people on the "left" believe its not our war and to let it be, yada yada. But at the same time, Obama declared the war in the middle east over a few months ago.. So tell me again, why he is know sending our special forces into the middle east and still carrying on drone attacks??...

And today ISIS claimed they were going to "HIT" the Vatican at the ZERO HOURS... you think that wouldnt IMPACT the WORLD?

I meant to say "NEWS" not NEW. Typo.

The problem with radicals is simple; if you kill them you create more and worse radicals.

If you ignore them they become more destructive and worse aspiring to do more generally aweful things.

The solution? Educate women to cut off their supply of vag anytime that they do anything annoying, destructive or generally horrific in the context of the human experience.

And if they oppress the ladies....well, the girls can cut off the danglers (and mail them to Camel Joe), pay for a fresh boobie job and let the radicalized fanatics experience the joys of Islam, er Peace and Submission, through the eyes of a non-man.

Because I am sure all these very masculine men who have no problem cutting the head off an unarmed and bound hostage could easily deal with life in the Islamic world, without a wee-wee.

Right?

• Like 2

New photos purport to show ISIS fighters training at a terrorist camp in Afghanistan, near the Pakistani border, in what may be yet another sign of the black-clad jihadist army's expanding reach.

The pictures, obtained by a Pakistani journalist earlier this month and published by the military blog The Long War Journal, show apparent ISIS radicals training, marching in formation and brandishing heavy artillery.

Good thing Obama pulled all the US troops out of the middle east right?? (Said NO ONE ever) Now you have ISIS spreading into Afghanistan. I know many people on the "left" believe its not our war and to let it be, yada yada. But at the same time, Obama declared the war in the middle east over a few months ago.. So tell me again, why he is know sending our special forces into the middle east and still carrying on drone attacks??...

And today ISIS claimed they were going to "HIT" the Vatican at the ZERO HOURS... you think that wouldnt IMPACT the WORLD?

Well of course, that's how they achieved all of their "stunning victories", moving into areas where there was a vacuum of power. And without a doubt, the chap with the big ears is to blame for nearly all of these, (and in Syria and Libya for instance he has a significant part of the blame for creating the power vacuum in the first place).
  • Like 1

* It might also be pertinent to observe that two of the most loyal and trusted allies of the West in the Middle East, Saudi Arabia and Israel, have either (as in the case of SA) actively encouraged the growth of ISIS, until they began to get worried and put their Wall up, or (as in the case of Israel) have been content to look the other way and in fact lend a hand to ISIS from time since what ISIS want fits pretty neatly with what Israel wants.

• Like 4

Regarding the OP:

The goal all along has been a strong and vibrant national army in Afghanistan. America's committed to footing the bill as well.... until at least 2024. And this wasn't soley Obama's deal... you can pin that one on baby Bush.... big ears has simply carried the torch. Recent estimates has the Afghan National Army at around 200 000. That is a lot of bribes... I mean paychecks.

And from the secret photos provided in the OP's link of the socalled ISIS on the afghan/pakis border there were two pickup trucks and around ten individuals sporting ak47's and basketball shoes.... are we positive it is who we're told it is and not the LA Lakers on a field trip to the shooting range? Who really knows at this point.

Also, it's only inevitable that some extremists will eventually committ some sort of terror attack in Italy in the future. That little operation to over throw Gaddafi maybe but a memory to the italian public who cheered while two-bit Burscbaloney welcomed home turf to stage the air campaign on Libyan cities much to the demise of those who lived there and have experienced their country in chaos as a lasting result.

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 5

Nevermind. It just falls on deaf ears anyway.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1

There is some recruiting going on but to what extent, that remain unclear. It might be no coincidence that ISIL find supporters in states that were previously invaded by the West.

They have claimed many things as part of their scaring tactics.

Edited by samus

There is some recruiting going on but to what extent, that remain unclear. It might be no coincidence that ISIL find supporters in states that were previously invaded by the West.

They have claimed many things as part of their scaring tactics.

Yes, that is terror in a nutshell but I imagine striking Italy might not be so difficult. But who knows?

The problem with radicals is simple; if you kill them you create more and worse radicals.

If you ignore them they become more destructive and worse aspiring to do more generally aweful things.

The solution? Educate women to cut off their supply of vag anytime that they do anything annoying, destructive or generally horrific in the context of the human experience.

And if they oppress the ladies....well, the girls can cut off the danglers (and mail them to Camel Joe), pay for a fresh boobie job and let the radicalized fanatics experience the joys of Islam, er Peace and Submission, through the eyes of a non-man.

Because I am sure all these very masculine men who have no problem cutting the head off an unarmed and bound hostage could easily deal with life in the Islamic world, without a wee-wee.

Right?

Best post ever! :D

• Like 1

Yes, that is terror in a nutshell but I imagine striking Italy might not be so difficult. But who knows?

Striking Italy how? If by a terrorist attack I suppose that's a possibilty but I would think that the security has been increased, if only as a precautionary measure.

If you mean by an offensive of ISIS fighters coming from Libya, I think that if Italy feels their borders are threatened, they will not wait to engage them in combat.

So far as I know, that's not case. I am sure they are closely monitoring the situation in Libya though.

Edited by samus

i also thought it was odd some where wearing tennis shoes. (lol acidhead with the LA lakers)

Regarding the OP:

The goal all along has been a strong and vibrant national army in Afghanistan. America's committed to footing the bill as well.... until at least 2024. And this wasn't soley Obama's deal... you can pin that one on baby Bush.... big ears has simply carried the torch. Recent estimates has the Afghan National Army at around 200 000. That is a lot of bribes... I mean paychecks.

And from the secret photos provided in the OP's link of the socalled ISIS on the afghan/pakis border there were two pickup trucks and around ten individuals sporting ak47's and basketball shoes.... are we positive it is who we're told it is and not the LA Lakers on a field trip to the shooting range? Who really knows at this point.

ya, it also struck me as odd that these soldiers were wearing sneakers. Not the best footgear for rocky terrain and world domination.

I must say too, in most of these types of photo ops.. the uniforms look as though they just came from the dry cleaners. CLEAN and neat as a pin, I bet their moms are proud ?

Edited by lightly
  • Like 2

Wow, I hope they don't run out of snorkels whilst crossing the Mediterranean.

The reason the ME is in a mess today IS because of the invasion of Iraq which was based on lies and lucrative false pretenses by Bubba and his neocon friends. Obama did the right thing which was also supported by the majority in the US. Only the neocon and their gullible warmongering supporters see it different.

• Like 3

The reason the ME is in a mess today IS because of the invasion of Iraq which was based on lies and lucrative false pretenses by Bubba and his neocon friends. Obama did the right thing which was also supported by the majority in the US. Only the neocon and their gullible warmongering supporters see it different.

That is an opinion and the state of the M.E. when "Bubba" left office was for the most part STABLE. No, we were not loved by those in the region, but when were we ever? Nah, this current mess is all on Oby. He pulled the underpinning and it all fell down. In fact the fall hasn't completed yet. For ISIS to be defeated it's going to take US forces and since he will never do that it will be at least 2 years more that ISIS will run riot in the region.

That is an opinion and the state of the M.E. when "Bubba" left office was for the most part STABLE. No, we were not loved by those in the region, but when were we ever? Nah, this current mess is all on Oby. He pulled the underpinning and it all fell down. In fact the fall hasn't completed yet. For ISIS to be defeated it's going to take US forces and since he will never do that it will be at least 2 years more that ISIS will run riot in the region.

That's because he left a time bomb in the waiting to his successor. Al-Quaeda Iraq regrouping all those fighters bitter of the US invasion (who headed by Al-Bagdadi became ISIL by taking part in the civil war in Syria) was never defeated and the Sunnis tribes were waiting to get an opportunity for vengance. Obama decided early on that he wouldn't remain handcuffed to Bush's legacy in the Middle-East and so pulled US troops out of this nonesense. The new Iraqi gov, as part of Bush' legacy fared very poorly with it's unidimensional pro-shiite policies and so did his army despite years of training. And so it is that this mess keeps dogging Obama to the heels and probably will keep doing so to his own successor as well. :hmm:

Edited by samus

Stable?!! By some sources the invasion caused close to a million deaths, insurgents (or freedom fighters depending on your POV) everywhere and terrorism has increased steadily every year since "Bubba's" memorable announcement of "War on Terror".

In fact, $4.4 trillion has been spent on wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, mainly, since 2001 and deaths by terrorism have grown from 3,361 fatalities in 2000 to nearly 18,000 in 2013. The main culprits of the 2013 statistics are Al Queda, who didn't have a foothold in Iraq before the invasion, ISIS, who didn't exist back then, Boko Haram, who didn't exist back then and the Taliban who originated from the US invasion.

Stick your head in the sand if you wish but numbers don't lie.

Edited by Black Red Devil
  • Like 1

If I'm not mistaken, Obama ordered the troops stay longer than the 2011 deadline Bush had with the Iraqi and Afghan governments. I seem to remember Obama being criticized for it at the time.

• Like 1

Stable?!! By some sources the invasion caused close to a million deaths, insurgents (or freedom fighters depending on your POV) everywhere and terrorism has increased steadily every year since "Bubba's" memorable announcement of "War on Terror".

In fact, $4.4 trillion has been spent on wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, mainly, since 2001 and deaths by terrorism have grown from 3,361 fatalities in 2000 to nearly 18,000 in 2013. The main culprits of the 2013 statistics are Al Queda, who didn't have a foothold in Iraq before the invasion, ISIS, who didn't exist back then, Boko Haram, who didn't exist back then and the Taliban who originated from the US invasion.

Stick your head in the sand if you wish but numbers don't lie.

You know quite well that numbers can and DO "lie" regularly. But I never claimed the country was whole and happy - I said STABLE. As in, under a semblance of peaceful coexistence with real elections happening. It wasn't until Bush AND Obama tried to allow the Shia president to stay on after his first term - even with evidence he was attempting to suppress the Kurds and Sunnis - that the bombings began to increase again. Once the pullout occurred there was a vacuum and anyone who was surprised by a group like ISIS filling it was either ignorant or out of touch/disinterested. I don't deny that we "broke" Iraq but ISIS is definitely NOT a Bush invention. Had his plan been followed they would not have had the room or oxygen to survive.

If I'm not mistaken, Obama ordered the troops stay longer than the 2011 deadline Bush had with the Iraqi and Afghan governments. I seem to remember Obama being criticized for it at the time.

You are correct. He did listen to the generals on that point but rather than continuing to allow for the realities on the ground to dictate his moves he entrenched himself in a political position and the country quickly fell into real chaos. No, ISIS is Obama's baby - not Bush's.

You are correct. He did listen to the generals on that point but rather than continuing to allow for the realities on the ground to dictate his moves he entrenched himself in a political position and the country quickly fell into real chaos. No, ISIS is Obama's baby - not Bush's.

Bush would have pulled out just as Obama's GOV pulled out. 5000 american military soldiers returned home in body bags. The time had come to leave Iraq. An Iraqi army was formed under Bush. He was proud of that accomplishment and so were his supporters of invading the country under false pretenses. There was no need for an american combat troop presence. This was a evident at the time Bush left office. The american military could have stayed the course there another 50 years and the end result of a vacuum would still of happened. People dont simply forget the atrocities committed agaisnt them by a foreign military occupation. Odds are an uprising would have occurred as the occupation extended decades. And how many more americans would have lost their lives? Another 5000? 10 000? 25 000? How many? Listen, the invasion was a loser from the start , doomed from the first tomahawk missle that struck Bagdad. The moral of the military took the largest hit and would have been in danger of collapse had America stayed the course. Some of you and to alarge extent the younger generation who are now young men simply believe that a nation can sacrifice the lives of their military with absolutely zero repercussions resulting. Its a mindset not based in reality of what actually happens when you occupy another individual.

• Like 2

Thought I read that the Taliban were fighting ISIS in Afghanistan. Apparently ISIS is to extreme for the Taliban.

• Like 2

Thought I read that the Taliban were fighting ISIS in Afghanistan. Apparently ISIS is to extreme for the Taliban.

I get the impression that ISIS is a loosely controlled organization top down. They seem to just let the guys on the ground murder at will. How horrible for those who get caught up in their nets.