Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Asteroid to hit earth between September 24-28

Midyin

I'll survive, so I really don't care. Ted Danson told me, when I was 14 in 1984, that there

would be no trees in 10 years. Guess who was right? The 35 year old or the 14 year old?

• Like 3

I'll survive, so I really don't care. Ted Danson told me, when I was 14 in 1984, that there

would be no trees in 10 years. Guess who was right? The 35 year old or the 14 year old?

I was being born in 84... lol

Seriously, can someone please tell the crazies to stop telling us we're all gonna die? At first it was scary, then as I got older it became funny, but now it's just bumbing me out..,

Edited by Midyin

Everybody dies - 100% ;) It's a consequence of being alive. But just for the record, the bible does not say anywhere that everyone will die in the tribulation. And the earth does not "end". The end times refers to the end of the current age of human control of the planet. We've collectively done such a lousy job of stewardship that if we were given another few centuries we might well kill the earth too. The end times are just God's way of allowing us to go as far as we can with our own designs and plans. Christ said that he would return at a time when (if he waited ANY longer) no flesh would be saved. NONE. But he will return and take control to stop us from finishing ourselves off. I believe most of the scriptures of prediction in the book of the Revelation point to the effects of a general nuclear war and it's aftermath as well as a meteor strike. When the dust settles there will only be about 1/3 of the pre trib population still alive. At today's numbers that amounts to roughly 4.5 to 5 billion dead. That leaves a couple of billion to start over and build a world where we care more about each other than about possessions and power. The one really depressing aspect of the story for me is that after the millennium ends, the children of the survivors will rebel yet again and will be destroyed. It troubles me because if God is perfect then how could he have made an imperfect creation? Or maybe the very nature of free will makes us vulnerable to wanting to be all powerful.

• Like 3

Bring it on. I'll believe it when I see it. Odd question though, why are all these doomsday asteroids always head towards the U.S.?

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 4

First of all, disclose.tv? Sounds like a reputable site.

Second, there is no comet about to hit the planet.

Third, revelations was not meant to be read literally.

Fourth, disclose.tv? Really?

• Like 4

http://m.disclose.tv..._screams/117304

Is this yet another Doomday prediction from the lunatic fringe?...... Probably..

Thoughts?

Couldn't find any scientific references to it. Why do I think this is going to be another "Y2K bug?" Anyway, think I'll go back to sleep. Wake me up in October.

Doug

P.S.: I found it in the literature - second try - it's a fictitious asteroid made up by scientists at Cornell University as part of a hypothetical scenario on ways to divert an inbound impactor. It's name is Asteroid 2015 PDC. The impact scenarios are for Delhi, Dhaka and Tehran. The conclusion was that it would be more-efficient to divert an impactor to a sparsely-populated area rather than trying to completely miss the earth.

So now we can both go back to sleep - it's imaginary.

Doug

Edited by Doug1029
  • Like 2

In space no one can hear you scream and so it would be concerning sounds a comet is supposed to be making.

Apocalyptic predictions have been trendy since the beginning of recorded history. First it was the gods who did/were going to do it, then it was God who did/is going to do it, then it was Global Cooling/the Population Bomb, then it was a meteor/aliens, now it's AGW and meteors again I guess.

I don't think there has been a single point in human history where some form of apocalypse wasn't at least on the horizon.

• Like 2

If something catastrophic like that was going to actually happen that we couldn't avoid, and all of us were gonna be instant crispy critters...who the heck would wanna know about it?

I certainly wouldn't.

• Like 1

If something catastrophic like that was going to actually happen that we couldn't avoid, and all of us were gonna be instant crispy critters...who the heck would wanna know about it?

I certainly wouldn't.

I'd like to know, there's some very specific things I'd like to do without worrying about ramifications of them.

• Like 3

... It troubles me because if God is perfect then how could he have made an imperfect creation? Or maybe the very nature of free will makes us vulnerable to wanting to be all powerful.

This world is a test... It's only a test. And you gotta die to find out if ya passed. :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

First of all, disclose.tv? Sounds like a reputable site.

Second, there is no comet about to hit the planet.

Third, revelations was not meant to be read literally.

Fourth, disclose.tv? Really?

The book of Revelation has allegorical components but the prophecy aspect is undeniable. When you look at the solemn predictions you can see that most of them could NOT have happened in the centuries leading up to today. Today they could easily be fulfilled by even a "limited" nuclear exchange. The population of the earth is artificially high because of a balance of technology. Have a global war with nukes and the dead from the explosions would be the lucky ones. The rest will die of starvation, diseases or the savagery that people will descend into. And when you get down to it the proximate cause of it all will probably be about the ego of some leader.

This world is a test... It's only a test. And you gotta die to find out if ya passed.

Pass the test and go to heaven. Fail the test and go to hell. That seems a bit harsh for the average joe just trying to live life.

The world will end when I die, because I shall no longer be here to observe it. The world will end for you as well, one day.

Bring it on. I'll believe it when I see it. Odd question though, why are all these doomsday asteroids always head towards the U.S.?

Yeah, especially New York, which has been wiped out so many times, I don't know how it can still be on the map.

• Like 1

In space no one can hear you scream and so it would be concerning sounds a comet is supposed to be making.

"Star Wars" proved that explosions can be heard in space.

Great, yet another count down to a nonevent.

• Like 2

So a "prophet" received a "warning from god" about an asteroid impact.

Right....

• Like 6

So a "prophet" received a "warning from god" about an asteroid impact.

Right....

What? It's a common occurence, happens all the time (except for the actual 'end of the world' part).

• Like 4

hey, that's not too far from my birthday!

what a wonderful present.

• Like 4

I notice that it is conspiracy theorists that are predicting the impact, not scientists. They do this regularly, claiming that the US Government/NASA/Illuminati/New World Order/Walt Disney (delete where applicable) are covering things up and there will be an impact. There never is. There won't be this time either.

Albert Einstein famously said:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

That rather sums up the repeated claims, and failures, of certain fear-mongers where asteroid impacts non-events are concerned.

• Like 4

I notice that it is conspiracy theorists that are predicting the impact, not scientists. They do this regularly, claiming that the US Government/NASA/Illuminati/New World Order/Walt Disney (delete where applicable) are covering things up and there will be an impact. There never is. There won't be this time either.

Don't forget The Boy Scouts and The League of Women Voters...

• Like 3

Oh brother.

If death dealing asteroids from years past have taught us one thing, it's DON'T DRINK THE KOOL-AID!

• Like 1