Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Texas and the Obama takeover

Beany

I saw this posted in Yahoo this morning. I wanna know what kind of fire water those cowboys have been drinking. http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/2015/05/02/403865824/texas-governor-deploys-national-guard-to-stave-off-obama-takeover

Logically, if Obama were to take over a state, would it be the the second largest full of citizens armed to the teeth? I'm thinking Rhode Island would be a better place to start.

• Like 1

As a Texan, I agree with you. These people are more than a bit off. I can see it as possibly an intimidation attempt, except for the fact that the U.S. Special Ops carries out this kind of training regularly. If it was an intimidation attempt, it was an utter failure, since it allowed the governor to remind everyone that Texas has it's own military force completely independent of the U.S. military.

• Like 1

Look on the bright side. At least he hasn't sent the state troops into Mexico to attack all those ISIS camps!

• Like 4

I've been seeing all these articles about an operation green helm or emerald helm which is an attempt to put the south west under martial law. I haven't bothered to read the articles. I'm doubting the accuracy of this article as well. Beany I'm surprised you posted this. Have you looked for other sources to back up what this article states? Seems like if the governor had made these statements it would have been major news.

• Like 2

This pretty much sums it up from the article:

"Your letter pandering to idiots ... has left me livid," former State Rep. Todd Smith wrote Gov. Abbott. "I am horrified that I have to choose between the possibility that my Governor actually believes this stuff and the possibility that my Governor doesn't have the backbone to stand up to those who do."

• Like 1

The Republicans really need to stop pandering to the crazies.

I've been seeing all these articles about an operation green helm or emerald helm which is an attempt to put the south west under martial law. I haven't bothered to read the articles. I'm doubting the accuracy of this article as well. Beany I'm surprised you posted this. Have you looked for other sources to back up what this article states? Seems like if the governor had made these statements it would have been major news.

Go google "Obama takes control of" and all kinds of things will pop up, but very few are from legitimate news sources. My search included the phrase "Texas newpapers stories on Obama takeover". I posted it because I find it both amusing and slightly scary. Should I or shouldn't I take these people seriously? Is this a common parakeet dream in Texas? Or just another manifestation of the fringe element? Quien sabe? I can only resort to what old fogies have been saying probably for centuries: what's the world coming to?

I love the "pandering to idiots" part. We move from "it takes a village" to "it takes a village of idiots". Is this progress? I say, nay, nay. I need to find out which presidential candidate these people are supporting so I can make sure not to go there.

Edited by Beany
  • Like 1

Am very happy to hear that our new Governor is taking the bull by the horns! More Info directly from the Gov. Office :

http://gov.texas.gov...s-release/20805

Well, it's definitely bull, I'll agree with that.

• Like 1

The Republicans really need to stop pandering to the crazies.

I'm thinking it may cost them the election. The Evangelical Christians are definitely a Christian minority denomination, not big enough to assure an election, unless maybe they swing all the Southern states. At this point the crazies are the Dems best friends, I'm thinking. After decades of watching the Republican party operations, it's truly disconcerting to see the party disarray.

Look on the bright side. At least he hasn't sent the state troops into Mexico to attack all those ISIS camps!

Gromdor, I had no idea you were so funny!

I'm thinking it may cost them the election. The Evangelical Christians are definitely a Christian minority denomination, not big enough to assure an election, unless maybe they swing all the Southern states. At this point the crazies are the Dems best friends, I'm thinking. After decades of watching the Republican party operations, it's truly disconcerting to see the party disarray.

I think you're right. Pandering to these nuts may get them the nomination, but in the general election people can still see what they said to these people.

Raise a little concern about the most massive unheard of military drill in US history on American soil, and all the government has to do to calm any possible fears is point their finger and laugh. Even when the damn document to the drills, in part says it to help train to take on Vets, Christians, and gun owners. The governor has every right to be concerned, as well as his people. Does this mean they are planning to take over Texas with a military occupation? Of course not. Not yet any way.

At no other time in Americas history would this have even been close to tolerated. Congratulations people. You are now officially sheep for the slaughter. You can be taken at any time they wish.

• Like 5

Raise a little concern about the most massive unheard of military drill in US history on American soil, and all the government has to do to calm any possible fears is point their finger and laugh. Even when the damn document to the drills, in part says it to help train to take on Vets, Christians, and gun owners. The governor has every right to be concerned, as well as his people. Does this mean they are planning to take over Texas with a military occupation? Of course not. Not yet any way.

At no other time in Americas history would this have even been close to tolerated. Congratulations people. You are now officially sheep for the slaughter. You can be taken at any time they wish.

Very well put, Preacherman! I see nothing wrong with "monitoring" the military exorcise, and I think our Governor showed good sense in order to protect the rights of Texans. If the police need to be monitored...why not our military, especially when the exorcise considers Texas to be a "Hostile State". Hostile?

• Like 2

You know they have fully automatic weapons and vehicles and other heavy armaments, right? If gun-happy conspiracy theorists are concerned about the government taking over and think they'll be able to sit in their upstairs window and snipe SWAT or National Guards jackbooted thugs, and live through it, they are severely underestimating the one thing, perhaps the only thing, the United States still leads the entire world in by leaps and bounds - absolute unstoppable killing power on about every level you care to mention.

You know they have fully automatic weapons and vehicles and other heavy armaments, right?

Yes, as does the Texas State Guard, who will be monitoring the event. I don't really see this thing coming down to a battle between the US Military and armed citizens.....but rather with Texas Military Forces, if the state decides to secede from the union. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

You know they have fully automatic weapons and vehicles and other heavy armaments, right? If gun-happy conspiracy theorists are concerned about the government taking over and think they'll be able to sit in their upstairs window and snipe SWAT or National Guards jackbooted thugs, and live through it, they are severely underestimating the one thing, perhaps the only thing, the United States still leads the entire world in by leaps and bounds - absolute unstoppable killing power on about every level you care to mention.

A good % of the military are patriotic Americans, who believe in the constitution. Our Vets and gun owners FAR out number those who would dare think they had a chance in hell of occupying any state in the union. Let alone Texas.

You think Afgan is a hard win? Being the longest running war in US history? Go ahead and try to take Texas. Even if they could, the blood shed would make it no where near worth the effort.

• Like 5

As I said earlier, Texas? Really? As for secession, I'm sure Russia, China, IS, and all the radical Middle Eastern countries would love that. A fracture, weakened, and probably crippled US in total disarray would be ripe for the picking. The economy would crash, we would be leaderless for a long period of time, there would be fighting in the streets, and those who have the means to leave the country would do so, so there goes the middle class. Take a lesson from the Civil War folks, half a million soldiers died. A second Civil War would be ever more devastating.

tinfoilhat3.gif

I saw this posted in Yahoo this morning. I wanna know what kind of fire water those cowboys have been drinking. http://www.npr.org/b...-obama-takeover

Logically, if Obama were to take over a state, would it be the the second largest full of citizens armed to the teeth? I'm thinking Rhode Island would be a better place to start.

I'm thinking I will do what Liberals do > attack the source.

NPR? Am I supposed to believe anything that left-leaning network has to say?

Please...

• Like 3

Please...

Anything? Where I do agree that NPR missed the boat and tried to attribute this to the Conspiracy crowd, I don't agree that NPR is always wrong in what they report. There are good and bad reporters in every network....

IMO, It comes down to some US citizens, including some politicians not trusting the Federal Gov't considering certain actions infringing on Constitutional Rights that have come to light in the past few years.

Again, Gov. Abbott just wants to make sure that the Constitutional Rights of Texans, as US Citizens are not going to be infringed in any way!

• Like 2

Are you guys Serious....the Texan State Guard against the U.S Navy Seals and Green Berets would only have one outcome, no more T.S.G's.

Are you guys Serious....the Texan State Guard against the U.S Navy Seals and Green Berets would only have one outcome, no more T.S.G's.

Just my opinion...but if it does comes to that...I really don't think it will be "just" Texas against US Military....but other states will be fighting right alongside Texas as well, plunging our country into a Civil War that no one wants to see.

• Like 4

Spud I can tell you that once THIS kind of conflict got going, Texas would NOT stand alone. And a lot of those very SEALS and GB's would be FROM Texas. No, it'd be best if the folks in DC got their heads out of their arses and started to act like the servants they were intended to be, not the TYRANTS they have become.
  • Like 9

As a Texan, I agree with you. These people are more than a bit off. I can see it as possibly an intimidation attempt, except for the fact that the U.S. Special Ops carries out this kind of training regularly. If it was an intimidation attempt, it was an utter failure, since it allowed the governor to remind everyone that Texas has it's own military force completely independent of the U.S. military.

They carry out training regularly for American citizens like Vets, Christians and gun owners?

• Like 2

I'm thinking I will do what Liberals do > attack the source.

Please...

Not such a good try. There are other sources, as well. NPR was simply the first place I saw the story. Attacking the source allows one to ignore the issue. It's a kind of ad hominem error of critical thinking. It's common error on both the left and the right which allows for confirmation bias.You can attack me because of the source I cited or you can inform and educate yourself and speak directly to the issue.

• Like 2