Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Texas and the Obama takeover

Beany

Imagine if the fedgov had been bombing Texans for the past 24 years. Constitutional rights and bearing arms be damned, those fighting against the state-sanctioned violence would be labeled as what, radical/Christian/extremist terrorists?

We love to talk about the 2nd Amendment in a vacuum but I never hear about any actual examples of how/when/where/why actually bearing arms against the fedgov is ever appropriate. Surely bombing us is understandable and we should all just submit to that behavior, but tea taxes? Outrageous!

Therein lies your problem the US is not a Democracy, it is a Constitutional Republic. I see the years of indoctrination has not been wasted on you.

“A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine. ”

~Thomas Jefferson

“A Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference. ”

~Thomas Jefferson

“All, too, will bear in mind this sacred principle, that though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression. ”

~Thomas Jefferson

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote,"

If Texas was one of my family members, I would be having it tested for dementia. There is a certain level of rationality that you have to possess to continue to be a productive member of society. Thinking that your sons and daughters serving in the military are out to get you is the level of thinking that sends Grandpa or Grandma to the assisted living home and away from the shotgun rack,

And yet that's one of the rather demented arguments against secession we often hear, that civilians can't possibly win against the govt's tanks, bombers, gunships, nukes et al. So if that's the thinking that puts Grandpa in the nursing home, we can find residents on both sides of the fence.

• Like 1

that civilians can't possibly win against the govt's tanks, bombers, gunships, nukes et al.

I find this kind of interesting. Civilians may not have access to these weapons, but how about the Texas Military Forces? Nothing says a sovereign nation with a healthy economy can't start mass producing these weapons. An uprising is not futile, if both sides have the ultimate trump card. Just an observation, not necessarily an endorsement.
  • Like 1

I think the ultimate trump card is We the People no matter how much hamburger and bloodshed the govt can cause. And when the wonder weapons are turned on us, people are going to learn real quick what being on the receiving end of those weapons feels like, and then they'll finally be smart enough to understand why so many people are so p***ed off. It's a charade, a ruse, a racket, a rotgut hypocrisy to believe that just because it's happening to someone else, they're not going to be outraged by it just the same as we would.

• Like 1

"northerners...fought for independence"

"you welcome from the northerners that gave you the Constitution"

Now that's funny. Do the names: George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, George Mason, or Patrick Henry mean anything to you?

Virginia

• Like 2

The U.S. military is far superior, far better trained, far better equipped, and any battle that any civilian, or even semi-professional, group attempted against them would be over in short order.

Yeah right, go tell Iraq and Afghanistan.

• Like 2

Yeah right, go tell Iraq and Afghanistan.

Aquatis isn't wrong and neither are you. These wars are drawn out by choice and politically correct rules of engagement but whenever this "civil war" kind of subject comes up everyone defaults to the military exerting it's full potential innocents be damned. If something like that happened do you (anybody) think that the military would excersize cautious RoE's or do they blot the sun out with stealth bombers and hellfire missiles?

Edited by F3SS

Aquatis isn't wrong and neither are you. These wars are drawn out by choice and politically correct rules of engagement but whenever this "civil war" kind of subject comes up everyone defaults to the military exerting it's full potential innocents be damned. If something like that happened do you (anybody) think that the military would excersize cautious RoE's or do they blot the sun out with stealth bombers and hellfire missiles?

Everyone defaults to this nonsense about the military exerting its full potential etc, and that's what makes it wrong. We'll have more issues about what "politically correct" means when it's happening to us than we ever did in Vietnam, Afghanistan or Iraq.

• Like 1

If Texas was one of my family members, I would be having it tested for dementia. There is a certain level of rationality that you have to possess to continue to be a productive member of society. Thinking that your sons and daughters serving in the military are out to get you is the level of thinking that sends Grandpa or Grandma to the assisted living home and away from the shotgun rack,

No one thinks that. That's the exact BS main stream is trying to lead the sheep with. That people who are against jade helm don't like the people in the military. That's ridiculous. We don't trust the elected leadership and their control over the military. That's cause they have done everything to remove that trust. Heck we are about to enter into a major trade agreement, bigger then NAFTA, and we the people aren't allowed to read a word of it. The congressmen and senators arent allowed to speak about it. These are the kind of people we are dealing with. I say you are the crazy one, to trust any single these people do.

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 2

many civilians are ex military, have same experience, well armed, well motivated, have home advantage, i'm almost sure if shtf army will not sent texans to fight agains civilains in tx, one reason they may switch sides. and i'm sure if that happens some will even if they are not tx residents. but feds do not really need regular army for that, they have dhs army, obama took care of it, now if obama was really gonna take over tx wouldn't he use his dhs army for that?

Edited by aztek

many civilians are ex military, have same experience, well armed, well motivated, have home advantage, i'm almost sure if shtf army will not sent texans to fight agains civilains in tx, one reason they may switch sides. and i'm sure if that happens some will even if they are not tx residents. but feds do not really need regular army for that, they have dhs army, obama took care of it, now if obama was really gonna take over tx wouldn't he use his dhs army for that?

Yep. That's why when people hear things like the administration giving the military a survey asking if they would shoot Americans if ordered to, then see a massive military drill a size never before seen in the streets of America, they rightfully get concerned. Makes you wonder about why all those top brass military leaders were really purged. NTM the 3 billions rounds or what ever insane number of ammo they purchased. Or the endless homeland security documents labeling massive sections of the population as the most dangerous threat to our existence. And there are STILL people that can see a problem at all.

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 2

massive sections of the population as the most dangerous threat to our existence. And there are STILL people that can see a problem at all.

They should just be honest and say a massive threat to their (Feds) existence. Rebels are an awful roadblock when trying to control.

Hi All,

Now that I am home from work let me state that those that mention Virginia should remember that till the last minute many were loyal to the English, and yes Virginia has been referenced as a northern state.

".there's a good chance that the July 4th parades would have to acknowledge that only 1/3rd of the colonial Virginians supported the Revolution. Another 1/3rd were loyalists, and the remaining 1/3rd were neutral and uninterested in risking their lives, fortunes, and sacred honor in the fight."

http://www.virginiap...ary/revwar.html

And like i said yes I'm a liberal but how do you define a liberal:

1 I believe in the death penalty

2 Family values I have been married, good and bad for 17 years more than some conservatives

3 I don't support the Patriot act but I support wire Taping because I have nothing to hide

4 I support Gay rights because I don't give a Sh!^

5 I support abortions because its not my body

7 I think people that say they live off the grid but have internet are Idiots

8 I find it funny that Texas has no problem asking for money when there is a disaster or that they get more than they pay in

But most of you don't even know how to read between the lines.

I'm sorry, one more thing, I never stated that Texas farms weren't able to support the population but then what, its not just food or oil that no one will buy because you have no trading partners, how about water do you still need the water that flows from the northern states, that can get expensive but its ok you have it all planed out. lol

Edited by cmaracing

how about water do you still need the water that flows from the northern states, that can get expensive but its ok you have it all planed out. lol

We get our water not from Rivers that run from Northern states, but from wells, like a lot of farms in this area. How is it that the Northerners can control groundwater? Kind of curious about that one? Am I going to just go out one day and find my well isn't pumping water to irrigate our farm. So Yes, we have plenty of water, Thank you very much! We are well prepared on that front, as well as our own power grid.

• Like 2

Hi All,

Now that I am home from work let me state that those that mention Virginia should remember that till the last minute many were loyal to the English, and yes Virginia has been referenced as a northern state.

".there's a good chance that the July 4th parades would have to acknowledge that only 1/3rd of the colonial Virginians supported the Revolution. Another 1/3rd were loyalists, and the remaining 1/3rd were neutral and uninterested in risking their lives, fortunes, and sacred honor in the fight."

2 Family values I have been married, good and bad for 17 years more than some conservatives

3 I don't support the Patriot act but I support wire Taping because I have nothing to hide

8 I find it funny that Texas has no problem asking for money when there is a disaster or that they get more than they pay in

I'm sorry, one more thing, I never stated that Texas farms weren't able to support the population but then what, its not just food or oil that no one will buy because you have no trading partners, how about water do you still need the water that flows from the northern states, that can get expensive but its ok you have it all planed out. lol

lol... Liberals.

post-127634-0-45296000-1431129692_thumb.

Edited by Collateral Damage
  • Like 5

Hi All,

Is that so?

Really?

http://thetexasecono...xas-world-trade

From that link:

Texas has been the nation's No. 1 exporting state since 2002, due not only to its own business activities but also to its position as a major national hub for sea, land and air transportation.

Mexico remains our largest trading partner; our neighbor to the south received $72.6 billion in exports from Texas in 2010. Another partner and neighbor, Canada, was second, receiving $18.8 billion in Texas exports in the same year. But third-ranked China and other emerging economies around the world are becoming increasingly important to our state's exporters.

According to the International Trade Association, Texas's export shipments of merchandise in 2010 totaled $207 billion. That directly translates into Texan jobs. International Trade Association figures indicate that more than a quarter of all Texas manufacturing jobs were linked to international trade in 2009.

Imports through Texas Ports

Total Texas Imports $302,498,410,703

Why does that sound like a typical condescending Liberal statement?

• Like 4

You mean asking for their money back?

• Like 1

Is that so?

Really?

http://thetexasecono...xas-world-trade

From that link:

Texas has been the nation's No. 1 exporting state since 2002, due not only to its own business activities but also to its position as a major national hub for sea, land and air transportation.

Mexico remains our largest trading partner; our neighbor to the south received $72.6 billion in exports from Texas in 2010. Another partner and neighbor, Canada, was second, receiving $18.8 billion in Texas exports in the same year. But third-ranked China and other emerging economies around the world are becoming increasingly important to our state's exporters.

According to the International Trade Association, Texas's export shipments of merchandise in 2010 totaled $207 billion. That directly translates into Texan jobs. International Trade Association figures indicate that more than a quarter of all Texas manufacturing jobs were linked to international trade in 2009.

Imports through Texas Ports

Total Texas Imports $302,498,410,703

Why does that sound like a typical condescending Liberal statement?

People love numbers but of all those dollars how much belongs to Texas or just a consequences of American business through Texas, If Texas is that rich than tell the U.S. F/off and go on your way, hell with that kind of money hell I will vote for your Independence...lol

Do you really think that if the U.S. pulled out of Texas, Texas would have all that business, but lets be realistic, do you know how much money the Military pumps into the economy of Texas not just solders but also manufacturing, just that alone would cripple the Texan economy.

And to Collateral Damage and many like him Liberal has become the boogeyman of the tinfoil association.

So I poked around the net and did some research about Texas militias & the secessionist movement, including looking at the Rasmussen poll sited in a couple of places, including this Wiki entry about the Texas secession movement. I'll have to say the last line made me laugh. It appears the movement isn't as strong as some might think. Here's the link to the Wiki entry: http://en.wikipedia....ssion_movements

"After Perry's comments received considerable attention and news coverage, Rasmussen Reports issued a poll and found that about 1 in 3 of those surveyed believed that Texas has the right to secede from the United States, although only 18% would support secession and 75% would oppose secession.[29] In another poll, 60% of Texans surveyed opposed becoming an independent nation. However, 48% of Texas Republicans surveyed supported it.[30][31] The reaction from outside the state was also strongly split, including those who wanted to get rid of Texas.[28]"

Edited by Beany
  • Like 1

To be honest, I never listen to polls, because a lot of times they are flat out wrong in predicting things. Not very trustworthy, no matter the source.

• Like 1

So I poked around the net and did some research about Texas militias & the secessionist movement, including looking at the Rasmussen poll sited in a couple of places, including this Wiki entry about the Texas secession movement. I'll have to say the last line made me laugh. It appears the movement isn't as strong as some might think. Here's the link to the Wiki entry: http://en.wikipedia....ssion_movements

"After Perry's comments received considerable attention and news coverage, Rasmussen Reports issued a poll and found that about 1 in 3 of those surveyed believed that Texas has the right to secede from the United States, although only 18% would support secession and 75% would oppose secession.[29] In another poll, 60% of Texans surveyed opposed becoming an independent nation. However, 48% of Texas Republicans surveyed supported it.[30][31] The reaction from outside the state was also strongly split, including those who wanted to get rid of Texas.[28]"

Glass houses? > http://www.laweekly....polling-2398458

Or is that more "ad hominem"?

Glass houses? > http://www.laweekly....polling-2398458

Or is that more "ad hominem"?

I don't know about glass houses, but I do know I've never met a shy Texan, nor one without definite opinions. That's what I love about them and also what drives me crazy about them. For me they were always the life of the party. I didn't always like their opinions, but I loved the way they said them.

Edited by Beany

No one thinks that. That's the exact BS main stream is trying to lead the sheep with. That people who are against jade helm don't like the people in the military. That's ridiculous. We don't trust the elected leadership and their control over the military. That's cause they have done everything to remove that trust. Heck we are about to enter into a major trade agreement, bigger then NAFTA, and we the people aren't allowed to read a word of it. The congressmen and senators arent allowed to speak about it. These are the kind of people we are dealing with. I say you are the crazy one, to trust any single these people do.

Sheep, huh? Well, I've certainly been called worse. You don't trust the military, I don't trust the militia or the secessionist leaders, whoever they might be. Maybe if I knew who they were I'd trust them, but I don't so I won't. I'm not taking anyone's word on this because they might be trying to lead some sheep themselves. Trying to decide if the problem is too many sheep and not enough shepherds, or not enough sheep and too many shepherds, or too many sheep and too many shepherds, or.... I'm feeling kind of sheepish that I can't decide, but then I think, baah, enough of this nonsense. But then I wonder if anyone is leading the lambs to slaughter, and just who those lambs might be, and whether anyone is about to be fleeced, who the sacrificial lamb might be, or if someone's trying to pull the wool over my eyes. Hey, you may be right about the whole sheep thing as a metaphor; I'll have to ruminate on that. I think I'll stop now, I've probably rammed my point across enough. Oh, one more thing, guess which two states have the most sheep ranches? Yep, Texas and California. So now we know where most of the sheep are. You people in Louisiana and Maine and Delaware are safe from the threat of sheepdom. I feel like taking on another animal metaphor if someone would like to propose one. We could do a lot with horses or dogs, I think.