Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Has Britain's Roswell finally been solved ?

Author David Clarke believes he has found the answer to one of Britain's most enduring UFO mysteries.

In 1962 Donald McKenzie, a shepherd who had been tending to his animals on a remote Scottish hillside, came across a large unidentified box-shaped object lying on the grass.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/281121/has-britains-roswell-finally-been-solved

It could well be, but one thing we can be sure about, it was not a craft being flown here by aliens who after flying millions of miles around the Universe, forget to put their brakes on when they reach Earth.

• Like 1

A balloon :sleepy:

Britain never had a Roswell. But now that the word Roswell has popped up again, lets see the regular believers take it another 30 pages before it gets locked :lol:

• Like 4

Britain never had a Roswell. But now that the word Roswell has popped up again, lets see the regular believers take it another 30 pages before it gets locked :lol:

I am thinking about setting up a stall there and selling alien tat memorabilia, may even do a Britain Roswell ripoff day, do you want to invest?

• Like 1

The object came down near Easter Ross, which is just north of Inverness in the northeast of Scotland. There were a number of RAF bases up there - e.g. Lossiemouth. Could part of a fighter or other type of plane have fallen off?

Sounds like a TARDIS sighting to me.

Man sized box alone on a uninhabited hillside.....

• Like 4

I admit that this may have been a balloon or something similar but I do get a little tired of David Clarke and Andy Roberts' attempts to 'normailse' everything. Sometimes people see things that can't be explained in the prosaic way... these are the interesting ones and they do occur

Oh dear the R word......

• Like 1

This is much more interesting than the object found by Bob White out in the Colorado-Utah desert.

http://ufoevidence.o...ses/case365.htm

BTW, the carrot shaped object has been positively identified. It is an object made by people.

Apropos of nothing and entirely unrelated to the topic at hand, but did you know that the Welsh word for carrot is "moron"?

• Like 2

The object lay there for several years before it was discovered and once discovered, it was not investigated for a further 3 months .

Upon investigation , the cover up began .

It was most likely the pay load from a spy balloon but due to the cover stories released , we will probably never know what its exact purpose was or even what organisation it came from .

Apropos of nothing and entirely unrelated to the topic at hand, but did you know that the Welsh word for carrot is "moron"?

People find things they do not recognize and some people say man made object and others say aliens without a blink.

Unlike the carrot shaped object which came from a grinding machine, the object found in Scotland has a more interesting story behind it.

• Like 1

Can't really see a correlation to what the witnesses saw and this expert's view........ :passifier:

C'mon, it layed there for several years on a hillside without detection? Something seems off. Perhaps it was a container not unlike the ones that hold Facehuggers. No?

I admit that this may have been a balloon or something similar but I do get a little tired of David Clarke and Andy Roberts' attempts to 'normailse' everything. Sometimes people see things that can't be explained in the prosaic way... these are the interesting ones and they do occur

Everything has an answer, it just depends on how long it takes to find it.

Some of us appreciate the in depth investigation to clear up mysteries, after all, is that not why mysteries exist??

I know, how dare we have a Roswell without aliens........ :rolleyes:

Edited by psyche101

The object lay there for several years before it was discovered and once discovered, it was not investigated for a further 3 months .

Upon investigation , the cover up began .

It was most likely the pay load from a spy balloon but due to the cover stories released , we will probably never know what its exact purpose was or even what organisation it came from .

LOL, got paranoia?

The cover up was in the 60's ended decades ago, the Soviets found one of these too, and were not too happy about the camera hanging of the bottom of it.

We know the exact purpose, and the organisation, if one was to email David Clarke, no doubt he could tell you the base it most likely was released from.

A balloon :sleepy:

Yeah, but have you seen it???

Balloons are not all created equally.

Don't dis the balloon until you look at it!!

Balloons tend to mean fun, balloon rides, parties, not sure what you have against balloons <_<

• Like 1

The object came down near Easter Ross, which is just north of Inverness in the northeast of Scotland. There were a number of RAF bases up there - e.g. Lossiemouth. Could part of a fighter or other type of plane have fallen off?

Why would it be a fighter and not part of Moby Dick? Wouldn't that be rather easy to determine?? I realise her only has written records to resolve the issue, but they seem to marry quite well??

Does Mr. David Clarke really believe this is a solution to the mystery? In that era, there were two ready-made explanations; Swamp Gas and Weather Balloons. It appears that Mr. Clarke uncovered a cover story. Perhaps there is a declassified photo of an actual 'Moby Dick' capsule to be compared to the witness accounts? I wouldn't be so quick to cry, "Eureka".

According to this link... Moby Dick used Gopher gondolas.

Here is a pic....

dmq-1.jpg

What was the description of the object found again?

From the OP Link...

The mystery began in 1962 when a Scottish shepherd named Donald McKenzie was tending to his flock on a rural hillside. He came across a strange, box-like object just lying on the ground — an object that clearly came from somewhere very far away.

McKenzie reported his finding to the authorities, but the Royal Air Force was in no hurry to check it out. But check it out they did, about three months later.

The RAF investigators were stunned and baffled by the finding — a vessel that appeared large enough to hold a grown man. Strange containers of a clear liquid littered the ground around the object, which had an opening that seemed to be just big enough for a camera.

But there was no camera inside. In fact, the investigators had the strong impression that someone had beaten them to the discovery and tampered with it.

It does sound very similar.... Hummmmm????

Why would it be a fighter and not part of Moby Dick? Wouldn't that be rather easy to determine?? I realise her only has written records to resolve the issue, but they seem to marry quite well??

I suggested it could have been a part off a plane for two reasons. Firstly, in that area of Scotland back in the 1960s - and I went there on holiday as a child in 1968 - the skies were full of military planes because there were a number of RAF bases nearby. On the day we arrived, part of the beach was cordoned off because a wing fuel tank had fallen off a plane a few days earlier and the beach was being cleaned. This, apparently, was a reasonably common event that annoyed the locals. The second reason is that, as far as I can see, the shepherd Donald MacKenzie said the object "looked like a sputnik". To me that implies either a spherical or cylindrical object (a fuel tank?). It seems it was the team of RAF investigators who later described the object as being "box-like", and provided the details that suggest it was a balloon gondola. Perhaps the RAF were covering up the fact that the object was an alien spaceship - or that a plane had dropped a fuel tank. David Clarke's article says it was three months before the RAF team reached the crash site, implying the object was located in a remote wilderness. The object came down near Argday, Easter Ross. The area is not as remote as is suggested in the article, and there is in fact a railway station in Argday. I think a wee bit of exaggeration has been used to make a story sound more sensational than it really was.

Edited by Derek Willis
  • Like 3

Purely out of interest. Has anybody heard of fingerprints being found on any possible alien artefacts like this?

Purely out of interest. Has anybody heard of fingerprints being found on any possible alien artefacts like this?

Donald McKenzie's are likely to be on it.

• 1 month later...

I believe lots of ufo related sightings/incidents r human made. But some could be true thou. Especially those from 1900 n before cos there were no planes then...

Edited by TheGreatBeliever