Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Merc14

5/6/68, Neil Armstrong's close call

Merc14

Tody in 1968 Neil Armstrong had to eject from the Lunar Landing Research Vehicle (LLRV) a second before it exploded. After brushing off some dirt from a hard parachute landing and getting first aid for a badly bitten tongue from that landing, he went returned to his office and was back at work an hour after the event. Maybe that is why he got to be the first man on the Moon?

Regardless, the video is worth watching, enjoy:

• Like 4

and then

Tody in 1968 Neil Armstrong had to eject from the Lunar Landing Research Vehicle (LLRV) a second before it exploded. After brushing off some dirt from a hard parachute landing and getting first aid for a badly bitten tongue from that landing, he went returned to his office and was back at work an hour after the event. Maybe that is why he got to be the first man on the Moon?

Regardless, the video is worth watching, enjoy:

I know nothing about flying except sim games and the fact that I would have LOVED to have been a pilot. This guy seemed to have nerves of steel. He went over 90 degrees and STILL didn't punch out! RIP - he will be remembered forever I think. Not bad for a boy from Ohio ;)
  • Like 3

Aftermath

I don't think there are any words to describe Neil Armstrong. Anything you can think of understates his courage, intelligence, character, etc. He is missed.

• Like 5

JVG

Thanks for posting this Merc it was very interesting and showed the courage of one great American...

• Like 2

Lilly

The old time astronauts had nerves of steel (and the balls to match).

• Like 3

Waspie_Dwarf

The old time astronauts had nerves of steel (and the balls to match).

The new generation do too Lilly. Explorers have had the "right stuff" since time immemorial.

• Like 2

Grandpa Greenman

Astronauts were my heroes when I was a kid (and still are). Takes a lot of guts to strap yourself to a bomb and ride it up into orbit.

YEE HAW!!!

• Like 2