Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US army puts out call for invisibility cloaks

UM-Bot

The army is attempting to secure cutting edge materials capable of rendering its soldiers invisible.

Harry Potter certainly found his invisibility cloak helpful during his adventures in Hogwarts, but in the real world covering oneself in a magic piece of cloth isn't really a viable option.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...sibility-cloaks

My wife says I've already given her one... :w00t:

The Romulan Delegate would like to point out this is a technical violation of the Treaty of Agernon.

• Like 1

They would need to be careful with this.

A soldiers perfect excuse for "fragging" a unit commander.

But, but General... I could not see my Lt., only the enemy.

:passifier:

or.....

General to Lt: What the hell is going-on? You guys are showing-up on our special equipment as dis-coordinated rodents.

Lt to General: Sorry, our buddy-safety vision has failed. We can't see each other so we keep running into each other.

How would the General know that the troops where dis-coordinated ?

Finally our rangers will be able to infiltrate Mordor.

That's what our stealth aircraft are for, you fool of a Took. One doesn't simply walk into Mordor.

They would need to be careful with this.

A soldiers perfect excuse for "fragging" a unit commander.

But, but General... I could not see my Lt., only the enemy.

In the book, Starship Troopers, there is a part during basic training where the protagonist, tired of having to go through all the procedures prior to simply firing off a rocket salvo, simply raises his visor, fires off a round on the jump, and slaps it back down before he lands.

The moment he lands, he feels his suit's power cut off and one of his trainers tackles him and holds him down. The next scene, he is in the recruit version of a court-martial, where they are deciding whether or not he is salvageable as a soldier, or whether he needs to be fully court-martialed. He ends up being lashed in front of his company and returned to duty.

Not to pull out an old cliche (but it is a cliche for a reason): "With great power, comes great responsibility."

Edited by aquatus1

So they have finally watched the Harry Potter movies and believe that stuff?

. . . anybody seen my cloak ?

Edited by lightly
  • Like 1

What idiot would deposit that kind of power in the hands of the most psychotic among us?

• Like 1

. . . anybody seen my cloak ?

Good God, lightly, that's the funniest dang thing I've heard all day. Thanks for making me clean-up my spewed coffee.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

How would the General know that the troops where dis-coordinated ?

That's where the "special equipment" comes in I made reference to in that statement.

No idea what that might be, though. Some kind-of classified, encoded transponder I guess, if even that would be wise.

It's not that they believe it.

It's that they want it.

:nw:

Imagine watching your neighbor taking a shower while being stealthed

What????

Uh....NO. That would be rude, gross and perverted.

You'd think that the US Army would already have a record of all materials in existence that they could use, if not them then definitely the companies they contract to manufacture weapons and materials would definitely have a record of all materials in existence on this planet. The call for suggestions sounds absurd.