Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is your Ideal Job?

Mistydawn

Forget what job you have trained for, what job you have done for the past 10 what-ever years;

What is the job that would make you most happiest?

• Like 4

I've found I love to work with animals..

But, I'd have to say I'd love to have a job around designing.

• Like 5

Hi Wolven; by designing, do you mean for peeps or animals? I quite envy you for working with animals.

• Like 1

millionaire apprentice.... specialized in the social aspect....

• Like 2

Private Detective, Detective for a police force, or Psychologist.

I've always tended to see the world as a giant puzzle and those jobs would fit that aspect

• Like 1

Hi Wolven; by designing, do you mean for peeps or animals? I quite envy you for working with animals.

I meant i'd like to do designing with art, like tattooing or such. :)

You can work with them too, if you like to volunteer. I've also worked with horses one summer and loved it.

• Like 1

Professional chocolate tester, Nothing would give me greater pleasure than knowing I could be saving my fellow humans from bad tasting chocolate by selflessly eating it whilst getting paid to do so!

• Like 5

millionaire apprentice.... specialized in the social aspect....

Not sure how one would do that...

I meant i'd like to do designing with art, like tattooing or such. :)

You can work with them too, if you like to volunteer. I've also worked with horses one summer and loved it.

Printing anything on people wouldn't do it for me. Horses without the tattoos, I could work with...

Professional chocolate tester, Nothing would give me greater pleasure than knowing I could be saving my fellow humans from bad tasting chocolate by selflessly eating it whilst getting paid to do so!

I couldn't do this, I would forget I was testing and eat the lot!

Private Detective, Detective for a police force, or Psychologist.

I've always tended to see the world as a giant puzzle and those jobs would fit that aspect

Yep, I could join you on this one, I have an enquiring mind...

Mo-one has mentioned what job they do now, or one they did before that they hated...

• Like 2

I would be the spirits taster at the Jameson Whisky Plant. My job now is professional slacker and UM poster. ;)

• Like 3

I would be the spirits taster at the Jameson Whisky Plant. My job now is professional slacker and UM poster. ;)

I bet that job is already taken...

My worst job was in telesales when I was 17, , The boss was a pervert and once I'd started working there told me he only hired me because I wore a skirt to the interview (It wasn't that short!), I hated cold calling people and having obscenities yelled down the phone at me just because I called them when Emmerdale (British soap opera) was about to start! But the worst thing was the pervey boss, Urgh. I didn't last the week.

Now I'm a care worker for people with learning difficulties, I love the job, Its the colleagues who are the problem!

Edited by Cat_From_Hell
  • Like 2

My worst job was in telesales when I was 17, , The boss was a pervert and once I'd started working there told me he only hired me because I wore a skirt to the interview (It wasn't that short!), I hated cold calling people and having obscenities yelled down the phone at me just because I called them when Emmerdale (British soap opera) was about to start! But the worst thing was the pervey boss, Urgh. I didn't last the week.

Now I'm a care worker for people with learning difficulties, I love the job, Its the colleagues who are the problem!

Hey Cat, I know where you are coming from. I've had **** bosses with similar attributes to your past. You are so very lucky to be in

a job that is rewarding. People you work with, hmmm, got to empathise there. I like my job a lot, but the people I work with drive

me to distraction! They are normal as in "Normal" and do not see outside of the square. Hey, I wish I wish....

• Like 1

I've baled hay for a few summers while i was still in junior high and high school for my uncle

Payment was a bologna sandwich and sweet tea. I've also had my arm catch fire in a science class I was assistant teaching in, I worked security for a mascot and routinely had to throw people on the ground because the guy i was supposed to protect would knock little kids over and not pay attention so their dads would try to fight the mascot..

I say all this, and my worst job ever was the couple weeks I spent in a call center.

• Like 2

Record producer, or whatever the current equivalent of "record" is, and I'd use the money I make doing that to fund my own recordings. Daniel Lanois is a good example. Writing songs that others record would be fine with me too.

I wasn't going to post in this due to the nature of my ideal job but here goes...

A fully licensed and legal medicinal cannabis cultivator in a state that allows this. Of course I would need loads of money to get necessary permits and such from state authorities but its a job I would truly love and enjoy.

• Like 8

My man! Mind if I pull up a bar stool next to you? :D

I've spent most of my life exploring the North American Wilderness while studying nature, and wildlife - there is no other thing that I would rather be doing. To me it was never a "job", and more of a lifestyle. :)

• Like 5

LMAO, Cat! You and me both! :lol:

• Like 1

Any job with the hours of 12-1 with an hour off for lunch. :whistle:

• Like 5

Another ideal job for me would be to fire up my own internet rock radio station. The lady says I'm hilarious with all the **** I talk ( I'm more sarcastic than one can imagine), along with my love of verious forms of rock music, that I would be perfect for it.

I really need to get off my ass, get the money and make the radio thing happen. I love music too much too not give it a whirl.

• Like 4

Never give up on your dreams, StRoostifer! :) Go for it!!

• Like 3

Thanks a bunch Kari. I have some really cool ideas for it so who knows, maybe I'll be able to get something started.

I know one thing , I'm sick of slaving for the man. :lol:

• Like 4

Like your choice Alas, animals are better companions than humans any day. :)

• Like 3