Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why we love dogs more than humans

UM-Bot

I totally agree with this! Excellent video. I am an animal person but favorite animal hands down is a dog.

107otau.jpg

• Like 9

I totally agree with this! Excellent video. I am an animal person but favorite animal hands down is a dog.

107otau.jpg

You mean 'paws down'?

• Like 5

Because dogs don't talk.

Your dogs don't talk to you?!?!? Mine do!! 1zcjne0.jpg

My older Labrador actually is what they call a "talker" and she talks back too and is a total Daddy's girl :P My younger Labrador is a howler. When he "alert barks" he starts with a low deep growl that goes into a howl. It's hysterical! He clings to my said at all times :yes:

Edit to add: But I get what you're saying SpiritWriter. They don't really talk but they can communicate.

Edited by She-ra
  • Like 4

Yes my dog does and can be highly irritating but an irritating dog is still not as bad as an irritating human. She communicates her needs as humans tend to communicate thier incessant complaints about life.

• Like 3

I love my dog but I do not prefer her to people who are lovely.

I love my dog but I do not prefer her to people who are lovely.

• Like 2

I prefer dolphins.

• Like 3

I prefer dolphins.

They're quite nice too...but a bit difficult to keep as house pets or take out for a walk.

• Like 5

They're quite nice too...but a bit difficult to keep as house pets or take out for a walk.

Dress it up like a dog. Problem solved. ;)

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 5

I prefer dolphins.

But what about the ones that can sit on roof tops and type ? :D
  • Like 2

Because dogs don't judge, they're loving and loyal, and they don't complain.

• Like 4

My beagle played with a wild fox that would come in my back yard every now and then.

Reminded me of Disney's The Fox and the Hound.

• Like 4

My beagle played with a wild fox that would come in my back yard every now and then.

Aww, that would have been lovely to see.

I love Beagles...they're gorgeous dogs.

• Like 3

But what about the ones that can sit on roof tops and type ? :D

?..

?....????

I'm .. a .... ...... DOG????!!!!

• Like 4

Because dogs don't talk.

I once had an old English sheepdog and he liked to talk.

He would often go into the garden and bark loudly, getting other dogs to bark and thus starting a chain reaction. Once he had done that, he would come back in as if to say "mission accomplished" :tu:

• Like 4

?..

?....????

I'm .. a .... ...... DOG????!!!!

Lol..nooo! you know what I mean - you have Snoopy as your Avy....sooo... and only assuming of course.

You do have a little soft spot for dogs :wub:

Dolphins are beautiful....but they can't type..

Or can they...hmm! :innocent:

:P

• Like 3

My dogs do this here too. There are many dogs in my neighborhood and if they all are in their yards (separated by fences) they all start a barking chain reaction sort of thing. I call it the *Pongo and Purdie* effect from the movie 101 Dalmations :lol:

They are all friends and get together and play at a local field. There are a couple favorites so if they are out they whine and cry and scratch the fence to try to get to their friends.

• Like 3

Oh My Hawkin! That must have been fun to watch. I am always amazed how different species of animals can form bonds and relationships with one another. Our Snauzer formed such a bond with a wild deer, and a cat. I need to find that video so I can post it!

Getting back on topic, I think man's relationship with dogs goes way back to a point in time, when we depended on each other for food and protection, as hunter-gatherers.

• Like 4

dogs are awesome... but it's hard to respect a creature that will take a dump, right next to its food bowl.

cats for the win.

• Like 1

This makes me think of the song Like My Dog by Billy Currington. If you don't know it look it up... one of my favorites

• Like 1