Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why we love dogs more than humans

UM-Bot

Thanks. It fits her but we can't take the credit for it. It was her name when we rescued her at 9 months. She'll be five this September.

• Like 2

Lol..nooo! you know what I mean - you have Snoopy as your Avy....sooo... and only assuming of course.

You do have a little soft spot for dogs :wub:

I do indeed, and the best pet I ever had was called Snoop.. here's a picture:

gallery_95887_13_44603.jpg

How could you not love that? A cross between a Jack Russell dad and a toy poodle/maltese terrier mum he was an incredibly friendly, happy and very very smart dog - he taught me tricks.. Sadly missed - RIP Snoop.

But I really like cats too - like me they are a bit antisocial, and always scheming.. (heheheh)

Dolphins are beautiful....but they can't type..

I was lucky enough to work in marine research in Pt Lincoln which has a large population of dolphins. Spent a lot of time with the 'locals', usually watching them as they played around / in front of whatever boat I was driving. I got to recognise many of them by their individual scars, colorings and behaviors - they really do have very individual personalities - watched them have families and bring new-borns over to learn about the (mostly) harmless humans and their boats - I'm absolutely certain they got to know me and my usual boat. The ones living in and around Boston Bay were very tame and friendly. And then I was also lucky enough to spend some very close up quality time with a huge pod of wild dolphins - I won't rabbit on as its going offtopic, but here's a link..

If I was still living there, I would count them as friends, rather than pets!

• Like 7

Yesterday 13/05 my 10 year old Chihuahua x Mini Fox-terrier, Suzy, was euthanized because of health problems. Still difficult to accept.

Miss you Suzy.

Suzy_zpsf61xgp2q.jpg

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 5

My dogs are loyal, loving and only poo outside......what more can i say?

• Like 3

Yesterday 13/05 my 10 year old Chihuahua x Mini Fox-terrier, Suzy, was euthanized because of health problems. Still difficult to accept.

Miss you Suzy.

Suzy is adorable!!!!

How could you not love that? A cross between a Jack Russell dad and a toy poodle/maltese terrier mum he was an incredibly friendly, happy and very very smart dog - he taught me tricks.. Sadly missed - RIP Snoop.

But I really like cats too - like me they are a bit antisocial, and always scheming.. (heheheh)

I was lucky enough to work in marine research in Pt Lincoln which has a large population of dolphins. Spent a lot of time with the 'locals', usually watching them as they played around / in front of whatever boat I was driving. I got to recognise many of them by their individual scars, colorings and behaviors - they really do have very individual personalities - watched them have families and bring new-borns over to learn about the (mostly) harmless humans and their boats - I'm absolutely certain they got to know me and my usual boat. The ones living in and around Boston Bay were very tame and friendly. And then I was also lucky enough to spend some very close up quality time with a huge pod of wild dolphins - I won't rabbit on as its going offtopic, but here's a link..

OMG ChrLzs!! Snoop is precious! Look at that face!

You and I have a lot in common with Dolphins :yes: I helped a lot with training them a lot when I lived on Freeport. Here is me and Uno playing a toss game :

4sh9g8.jpg

Sorry is not a great picture. I really need to look through my mother's things. She has some better photo's of me and the dolphins down there on the island.

Dolphins are extremely emotional beings. Uno would get jealous if I played with anyone else. :lol:

• Like 7

Dogs are amazing :D

• Like 4

Dogs are amazing :D

So are horses.

When I was a kid we had a big red roan named 'Red Squirrel' and sometimes he would break out. Everytime anyone tried to catch him he easily out maneuvered them. I was about 7 or 8 years old the first time and finally my parents let me try to catch him.

I was too small to ever ride him so I wasn't much of a threat of anykind, I suppose, but when he was 'out' he'd spot me across the field and point his ears forward, walk towards me and eat the oats out of my hand, give me a gentle head bump in the chest, wait for me to turn around and follow me home.

Either he was just 'tired' of being out, or he wanted to make sure I got home, I don't know.

• Like 2

Aww, what a beautiful little guy Snoop was....I knew you must have had a soft spot for pooches :)

I'm so sorry to hear that he is not with you anymore.

I like to think that our dear departed pets go on to a wonderful place and wait for us.

Yes, I think Iv'e read before that you had worked in Marine research.

How wonderful for you, to have worked with dolphins and other fabulous marine life.

What a great experience.

Speaking of Marine life - we are off to Sea World next week. I'm taking my little 4 yr old niece.

I'm hoping that the weather stays nice.

Anyway's here is a pic of my pug - she's just turned 13 - she has slowed down a bit - but she's still plodding along :wub:

DSC03380_zpsk7xmfcmn.jpg

Edited by Astra-
  • Like 2