Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Figure found hidden in Da Vinci's Mona Lisa

UM-Bot

A controversial new video claims to have cracked an alternative version of the Da Vinci code.

Ever since Dan Brown's popular novel 'The Da Vinci Code' was published there has been a surge of interest in identifying hidden symbolism within the paintings of the Renaissance genius.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...incis-mona-lisa

• Like 2

That is some mighty fine hiding, since it took until modern photoshop was invented to "find" it...

• Like 6

This doesn't even warrant an article. If you take ANY landscape photo and mirror in some way you are going to create some monster/alien/dragon or something, especially if you play around with colours and effects.

The guy that discovered this and went to the effort to explain it probably has never seen a naked girl before and probably never will if he spends all his time locked away in a dark room pretending he has found aliens in things he tampers with!

• Like 4

You can do almost the same thing with any picture.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1

That is some mighty fine hiding, since it took until modern photoshop was invented to "find" it...

I used to scan with MRI and we saw some very strange - and amusing - images within our images. Some were hilarious. I wonder what could be found in a random image made today that was subjected to all those steps of filtering and enhancing?
  • Like 1

With the technology here, why do i think we are going to see a lot more of these popping up? and there are people who are going to believe it!, there always are, thats why they do it.

Edited by freetoroam

Da Vinci was known for Mirror Writing, which is why it is popular to use this technique with his artwork. I have seen various other artworks of his with anomalies in them similar to this one, also there were ways to mirror images before computers were around, however it just wasn't as easy or as popular. Those saying that you need to have photoshop or similar software to do this are incorrect. While I am not saying that he intended for this image or others like it to be present, it is possible however that it was his intention and neither argument can be proven.

I personally do not believe that he was trying to hide " Alien Priests " in his artwork, but honestly we just have no way to know for sure. Perhaps this is what he believed in or this is just a coincidence ( which is most logical in my opinion ). Each sides arguments are just speculation no matter how logical or illogical they are.

• Like 1

This isn't even recent. This "discovery" is old news.

The hat looks like that of a Bishop to me...

miter-300x250.jpg

I'd guess it to be a caricature of a high religious official. IF, IF, IF you can even believe it was put there on purpose.

This doesn't even warrant an article. If you take ANY landscape photo and mirror in some way you are going to create some monster/alien/dragon or something, especially if you play around with colours and effects.

Totally agree with you! When I watched the video, all I could think was : Hogwash!

Da Vinci was known for Mirror Writing, which is why it is popular to use this technique with his artwork. I have seen various other artworks of his with anomalies in them similar to this one, also there were ways to mirror images before computers were around, however it just wasn't as easy or as popular. Those saying that you need to have photoshop or similar software to do this are incorrect. While I am not saying that he intended for this image or others like it to be present, it is possible however that it was his intention and neither argument can be proven.

I personally do not believe that he was trying to hide " Alien Priests " in his artwork, but honestly we just have no way to know for sure. Perhaps this is what he believed in or this is just a coincidence ( which is most logical in my opinion ). Each sides arguments are just speculation no matter how logical or illogical they are.

Good point!

• Like 1

wtf is an "alien high priest"!

and why is his voice like a chip monk?

garbage video

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Like 3

If you connected the left inner border of that screenshot with the right you would get another orc-looking creature too. That one would even have ears.

Don't think they say you need photoshop to do the mirror imaging, but you need photoshop to enhance, color and manipulate the figure on the painting to make it look like an alien!

He was ahead of his time in many ways, but don't think he did this mirroring anticipating that photoshop would come along so people would be able to see it ;)

Zam

• Like 2

Yeah, it's bad enough when people entirely fake things, but to stoop so low as to take a legitimate image and mirror part of it, then claim it's an alien or something... I mean, really???

wtf is an "alien high priest"!

and why is his voice like a chip monk?

garbage video

I thought the same s***.

Grasping for straws is an understatement with this one.

• Like 1

This just proved that Leonardo invented the Rorschack inkblot test..... :tu:

• Like 1

I see three faces, it would actually be two since the two on the left and right are basically the same image.

I can see anything if I set my mind to it!