Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Texas Teen Says He Saw Jesus

Still Waters

Doctors can't seem to explain it, but one Texas family is sure it was the hand of God that brought their son back to life.

17-year-old Zack Clements is a strong, healthy and outgoing high school athlete. He goes to school and plays football at Victory Life Academy in Brownwood, Texas.

It was there last week the teen suddenly collapsed while running in P.E. class.

http://dfw.cbslocal....-being-revived/

• Like 5

Wow, great story. Id love to believe this is the truth. There is no way to know though

• Like 3

One point, though...that's the "King James" version of Jesus he saw. The real one would not have had long hair and in the earliest depictions had no beard. He'd have been dark skinned (Mediterranean) and dark haired.

Edited by Kenemet
  • Like 4

so what if somebody was never taught or told about religion, would they still see jesus? i think not!

• Like 3

Do other religions see other "gods/saints/people" if I'm a Jedi will I see Yoda??

• Like 2

so what if somebody was never taught or told about religion, would they still see jesus? i think not!

I see you just signed up to post on this thread. Is this were the rest of us are supposed to defend our beliefs. Maybe you should ask Jesus for some courage to post under your usual handle.

• Like 4

we perceive the world, through the lense crafted by our family and culture...

had he been an Indian boy, he would likely be describing Krishna, or Shiva...

• Like 4

The family is hoping to raise money for Zack’s medical bills. To make a donation click here. They are also raising money by selling T-shirts.

Hmm. Jesus and fundraising. Now there are two things you don't normally think of together.

• Like 6

Assuming there is something after death and a higher power is involved...perhaps *God* allows you to see what you feel comfortable with? (religious perspective)

Or, perhaps that as you're dying your sub-conscious mind makes you see what you feel comfortable with? (non-religious perspective).

• Like 8

There have been cases of the Lazarus syndrome, i imaging the family have had a large input into encouraging the Jesus thing, any way here are some more cases:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazarus_syndrome

My point is, it was not a result of devine intervention.

Anyway to know the boy is ok and good luck to them on their money making fundraising.

Edited by Saru
Replaced copy and pasted material with link
  • Like 2

There have been cases of the Lazarus syndrome, i imaging the family have had a large input into encouraging the Jesus thing, any way here are some more cases:

Nah...all it takes is dozens upon dozens of good vs. evil scary movies over the years. I heard more about religion in those kinds of movies than I ever did in my own house.

• Like 1

That could've been anybody from Lynyrd Skynyrd.

• Like 3

Doctors can't seem to explain it, but one Texas family is sure it was the hand of God that brought their son back to life.

17-year-old Zack Clements is a strong, healthy and outgoing high school athlete. He goes to school and plays football at Victory Life Academy in Brownwood, Texas.

It was there last week the teen suddenly collapsed while running in P.E. class.

http://dfw.cbslocal....-being-revived/

Inspiring story, thanks for posting that.

• Like 2

Do other religions see other "gods/saints/people" if I'm a Jedi will I see Yoda??

ROTFLMFAO

I'm glad JC didn't cut his hair. I'm hoping he looks like Lennon did around the White Album. At least in this boys universe JC is real. Here is to hoping he is real and to love and peace ~:)~

Edited by Atuke

As of now, I think the First Jedi Temple still only has an online presence and no physical location yet, so maybe if your avatar runs out of HP or something.

But even if they did have a physical presences, you wouldn't see Yoda. When a Jedi's physical body dies, their consciousness becomes one with the Force. Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Vader flipped that switch to manifest as Force-Ghosts, after Liam Neeson figured out how to come back from the netherworld of the Force and how to keep one's consciousness after death. Wherever you would go, they wouldn't be there since they're here. You would get to hang out with Mace ***********ing Windu though, so that's awesome.

On a different note, at this point, the fact Liam Neeson hasn't played the actual Jesus yet can only be called a mortal sin of movie casting.

• Like 2

One point, though...that's the "King James" version of Jesus he saw. The real one would not have had long hair and in the earliest depictions had no beard. He'd have been dark skinned (Mediterranean) and dark haired.

Long hair is relative to our definitions. Top of the shoulders wasn't considered truly long. Hair was only "feminine long" when it was down past the back.

And the reason the earliest depictions of Jesus have no beard is because they're made by Roman Christians hiding the fact that the figure is supposed to be Jesus of Nazareth. Since they couldn't use an accurate depiction, they used one of the clean-shaven Apollo, who already had the epithet of "Good Shepherd" by happy coincidence, and they gave him Dionysus' power-mullet to complete the depiction.

If Jesus didn't have a beard, no one in Judaea would've taken Him seriously; they'd ask why a child was giving a sermon on the mount.

• Like 1

we perceive the world, through the lense crafted by our family and culture...

had he been an Indian boy, he would likely be describing Krishna, or Shiva...

Maybe not Shiva...

People who see Shiva don't exactly have a habit of coming back from it. Vishnu, sure; Shiva, good luck in your new body.

• Like 2

Maybe not Shiva...

People who see Shiva don't exactly have a habit of coming back from it. Vishnu, sure; Shiva, good luck in your new body.

I'm so happy you got that...

Long hair is relative to our definitions. Top of the shoulders wasn't considered truly long. Hair was only "feminine long" when it was down past the back.

And the reason the earliest depictions of Jesus have no beard is because they're made by Roman Christians hiding the fact that the figure is supposed to be Jesus of Nazareth. Since they couldn't use an accurate depiction, they used one of the clean-shaven Apollo, who already had the epithet of "Good Shepherd" by happy coincidence, and they gave him Dionysus' power-mullet to complete the depiction.

If Jesus didn't have a beard, no one in Judaea would've taken Him seriously; they'd ask why a child was giving a sermon on the mount.

not to mention if he was unmarried...

I'm more impressed with near-death-experiences where the person can tell about things he or she has heard or seen in the operation room, during the time when he or she was dead, that can be confirmed to be true. That is much more evidence I think, wheras a Jesus experience could have been caused by the brain due to lack of oxygen so that is not evidence of life after death. There is for example one famous case with a patient that was blindfolded and earplugged during the operation, and still was able to tell things accurately. That is quite interesting I think.

Edited by fred_mc
  • Like 4

Well, there is one problem here... he wasn't dead.

Medically speaking, having no pulse for 20-minutes does not mean, in-and-of-itself, that you are "dead"

On the other hand, being blown to smithereens or flattened to a pancake by whatever, means that you are dead, in-and-of-itself.

So, we have a problem here.

Was he revived from death, or revived from "near-death"?

In either case, a further problem is that by virtue of this being a solitary experience by the person, there is simply nothing to support the veracity of his claim. That he "experienced" something? I could buy that to be sure, but to put a definitive label on what that experience was, and under what conditions, just isn't possible.

With that being said, I choose to believe in an afterlife as well as in a God, so who knows in this case!

Just glad he's going to be OK as other's have also said.

• Like 3

On a different note, at this point, the fact Liam Neeson hasn't played the actual Jesus yet can only be called a mortal sin of movie casting.

"Listen very carefully. They're going to take me..."

• Like 1

Not to be a buzz kill but sounds like his brain was starved of oxygen, causing his brain to start shutting down, which also in turn, caused hallucinations. Essentially he was in a critical vegetative state, not dead.

• Like 1

I don't think you're dead until, YOU'RE DEAD... Bwahahahaha... A new car for graduation? Glad you're ok, now that you are back to reality, get a grip...........