Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghosts scaring staff away from luxe building

Still Waters

Doormen have been quitting their jobs at a luxury rental building in Brooklyn that was once a hospital, sources said, spooked by eerie visions, sounds and even smells - sparking talk that the high-rise is haunted.

The 123 On The Park building on the southeast edge of Prospect Park was built on the site of the Caledonian Hospital, which closed in 2003.

http://nypost.com/20...ental-building/

1910 is not that old really. Its been reopened and seems the developers transformed it into flats using some cheap materials, under all the "luxury" wallpaper, I bet you`ll find thin plasterboard's. Hence hearing voices and whatever else is going on behind those walls.

I think instead of calling out the paranormal investigators, they should get the structural engineers in there.

Anyone being scared away by supposed hauntings must just be clambering for a reason to quit their jobs.

• Like 1

It's called an echo

I've had the footstep thing happen to me once in my life. I was staying in a cabin at Vallecito Lake, Colorado. I showed up early in the evening and decided to take a nap after driving up from New Mexico. My head hit the pillow and immediately I heard footsteps on the front porch that came into the living room area and headed for the bedroom. I called out a couple of times asking who was there. I didn't hear the door open (I had locked it) but the footsteps came into the cabin. Scared the beejeebus out of me. I got up and ran out the door and went back to New Mexico that night. I never went back to that cabin. I didn't see a soul when I ran out of the cabin but the footsteps sounded like someone chasing me wearing boots. I never believed in ghosts. To be honest I still don't but I can't explain what happened that night. I've never felt fear like that in my life. I've confronted bears, bulls, feral hogs and a drunk human or two but I never had fear like I did that night. I won't even drive by that cabin when I go up there.

I don't even like to talk about it. The hair stands up on the back of my neck when I just think about it. I hope and pray I never experience anything like that again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone being scared away by supposed hauntings must just be clambering for a reason to quit their jobs.

I agree. I think that they decided that they didn't like the job and just needed a reason to quit.