Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Vampire healing' could help mend old bones

UM-Bot

The blood of the young possesses special healing properties that disappear as we get older.

Scientists had long believed that broken bones take longer to heal in the elderly due to the way the bone cells deteriorate with age, but now researchers have found that it is actually the age of a person's blood that dictates how long the healing process takes.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...-mend-old-bones

• Like 1

OK - So maybe Dracula had the right idea. Drink enough young blood and live forever. So the new come-on line will be "what's your blood type?" instead of "What's your sign?".

• Like 2

I want Kim Khardasian's blood so I can become young and famous for having the blood of someone who is famous for being famous.

Experiments using mice

Why not just use humans?

Experiments have been made with a particular skincare company in relation to the cells and the effect the bees honey have on it. it has been proven that the microtears can be repaired to a certain % by using the product.

There is also a product which works on the senescence cells, which actually keep the cells younger, this involves rare orchids.

In years to come, the cosmetic coupled with the research into the bone healing, I believe it will be possible to "stay" younger...as long as the pollution and GM foods do not get to you first.

• Like 1

The Queen mum used to have blood transfusions...we are told it was to help her anemia... yeah right!

Anyway, old news...first reported I believe in 2012

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2219157/How-dose-young-blood-rejuvenate-older-brains-Vampire-like-treatment-stave-effects-ageing.html

• Like 1

"Oh, Edward, I am kind of upset with you. Why is it you only come around when you have a broken leg?"

"Why, Bella, I have no idea what you mean!"

The vampire/ blooddrinking stories always made me wonder since the day science started talking about stemcells.

I want Kim Khardasian's blood so I can become young and famous for having the blood of someone who is famous for being famous.

Nasty.

People with a big backside look at Kim's Backside and go, Goddam that is a big bum.

Us30nyt.png

• Like 1

Experiments using mice

Why not just use humans?

I agree, it is not like a new drug that needs extensive trials before giving it to humans.

• Like 1

Wow...so many thoughts swirling in my head right now. I would be willing to be a human guinea pig for this. Send those young blood cells my way. I mean, if it helps with pain, in addition to healing bone breaks, I will be first in line to try it. Sign me up!

• Like 1

Wow...so many thoughts swirling in my head right now. I would be willing to be a human guinea pig for this. Send those young blood cells my way. I mean, if it helps with pain, in addition to healing bone breaks, I will be first in line to try it. Sign me up!

Venison might work better?

Amazing - the healing properties of Deer. Antler Velvet is highly prized in some circles for extending youth.