Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Haunted house employees talk about ghost girl

Still Waters

The haunted house business is filled with ghost stories. Tales of the supernatural are as easy to come by as spider webs, fake blood, skulls, squeaky doors and blood curdling screams. But the 13th Floor Haunted House in San Antonio admits they've been keeping a secret about their property: It's really haunted.

"We own locations around the whole country but this is the only one that we'll acknowledge that the building is haunted," said Greg Saylers.

Saylers is the the general manager for the 13th Floor. He says this is not a publicity stunt to drum up business.

http://www.kens5.com...-girl/27581085/

• Like 1

actors

scare people for a living

actors

basement

crime tape, but no murders

actors

But the 13th Floor Haunted House in San Antonio admits they've been keeping a secret about their property:..../......We've had multiple paranormal investigators come through the building......????

actors

13th Floor Haunted House

The longest running and largest haunted attraction in San Antonio is back again this year. This spooky attraction was designed by nationally recognized haunted house designers and will guide you through all types of terror. It's not just a regular haunted house with scary creatures jumping out at you. Instead, this is a graphic, theatrical show with the intensity you seek for your scary fun this year.

http://www.nhssanant...-will-love.html

I rest my case

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

The haunted house business is filled with ghost stories. Tales of the supernatural are as easy to come by as spider webs, fake blood, skulls, squeaky doors and blood curdling screams. But the 13th Floor Haunted House in San Antonio admits they've been keeping a secret about their property: It's really haunted.

"We own locations around the whole country but this is the only one that we'll acknowledge that the building is haunted," said Greg Saylers.

Saylers is the the general manager for the 13th Floor. He says this is not a publicity stunt to drum up business.

http://www.kens5.com...-girl/27581085/

Well, if they acknowledge it's really haunted, they should ask TAPS to have their Halloween show there this year. I'd lay money down on the results. TAPS debunked someone years ago that had the place wired for ghosts. TAPS found everything and when they confronted the guy he said he did to see if they could tell it was fake. To say the least, Jay and Grant weren't too happy.
  • Like 2

I was a TAPS fan once but switched to Zak Bagans and the Ghost Adventures crew. Bagans is such a dynamic showman compared to Jay and Grant. His intensity level is higher and I like his silly antics with his fellow investigators.

• Like 3

Well.......I better go check it out....

• Like 1

General manager says this story is not a publicity stunt to drum up business? Nothing dodgy about that at all...

• Like 2

I'm with some of you, I wonder at the 'advertising' aspect of it. Frankly, considering it's in San Antonio, they should stay at the Menger hotel instead. I have had an experience there. The site of the hotel use to talk about it, but that is not spoken there any more. I think they want to attract guests on the quality of the stay of the hotel. Which I feel they don't have to worry about, I loved my stay there. Though, one of the waiters there was very exuberant on telling the many rumors of the hotel.

Well, if they acknowledge it's really haunted, they should ask TAPS to have their Halloween show there this year. I'd lay money down on the results. TAPS debunked someone years ago that had the place wired for ghosts. TAPS found everything and when they confronted the guy he said he did to see if they could tell it was fake. To say the least, Jay and Grant weren't too happy.

And Grant got hurt there too, didn't he?

I was a TAPS fan once but switched to Zak Bagans and the Ghost Adventures crew. Bagans is such a dynamic showman compared to Jay and Grant. His intensity level is higher and I like his silly antics with his fellow investigators.

I actually watch both. I like the different ways the two shows do it. Ghost Hunters have a client like way of doing it, almost documentary, when Ghost Adventures seem to do in a journalistic way. Yeah, Zak is more............ aggressive, but he amuses me. ;)

Sorry, have some people missed this:

The longest running and largest haunted attraction in San Antonio is back again this year. This spooky attraction was designed by nationally recognized haunted house designers and will guide you through all types of terror. It's not just a regular haunted house with scary creatures jumping out at you. Instead, this is a graphic, theatrical show with the intensity you seek for your scary fun this year.

Sorry, have some people missed this:

That pretty much sums it up. Nothing can be trusted if it comes out of a location specifically designed to be creepy. Humans are suggestible, and we like ignoring the facts hovering in front of our faces. Unless I get a video, I won't believe anything I hear coming from this place.

• Like 1

What could be a better advertisement that to say that there's a real ghost in the place?

The place that was all rigged up with Halloween props was the Blue Moss Distillery in California.I had seen about the place on the old show, Unsolved Mysteries with Robert Stack as host. At that time a couple owned the place. When it first appeard on UM ,and on a couple of other appearances on the show there were no props.

The current owner decided to spice things up abit. First I've heard about this story.people here are worried more about the awful flooding in our area.

I'm really glad you made this comment ! I've done exactly the same thing lately. I had a little trouble getting used to Zak and his crew when they first started. I thought the show was going to be focused on more of a teenage age of audience. Several months ago, I went ahead and watched two or three of the rerun episodes back to back and, you know what, I ended up really liking Zak and his group. I especially like that they take some time at the beginning of their shows going around the towns or the locations, giving a "feel" of the communities and the people involved. To me, that adds a lot to the exploration of the haunt ! Went back then and thought I'd catch some "Ghost Hunters" and found them really boring in comparison, haven't watched another one of their episodes since.

The good news here is that I have a heck of a lot of reruns to enjoy !!!

I will, however, add here a little personal story that I would love to pass on to Zak but unfortunately, the location and exact date of the incident are lost to memory. I'll explain. I think it's so interesting but I'll make it clear from the start that I have no proof. So all of those dissectors of debunking need to just back off. It's just that I know the people telling the story and I know they wouldn't just make things up, that makes it so interesting to me. Here's what happened.

My daughter (Married to a surgeon and is herself a medical billing auditor at a large hospital / consolidation of hospitals. I'm just saying here, she's a pretty grounded person) was driving my grandson back to college at NYU. The trip went from Cleveland, Ohio to New York City. They ended up driving pretty late at night and were passing through a New York farming community miles from the city itself. They encountered a driving rain storm. Rain was coming down so hard it was actually difficult to drive in and she opted for an unplanned stop at what looked like a rather new motel facility. ( She thinks it was a Quality Inn something in the lower price range) It was a much needed port in a storm and she and my grandson opted to pull over and spend the night.

Next morning, they got up and my grandson left the room and went for a cup of coffee. She went on dressing then in and out of the bathroom / room with bathroom door open. The door opened directly into the room as most of the cheaper facilities do. As she was combing her hair, with a view of the room behind her in the mirror, she sees a man walking right at doorway from the direction of coming into the room, across what she could see and on into the room (seemed totally solid) . What she focused on was the plaid / flannel type shirt he was wearing. Her first thought was, "Oh, good, Daniel has come back with the coffee." That thought even lasted for a bit with no fear involved until it struck her that Daniel didn't leave the room wearing a plaid flannel shirt ........ nor did he own a shirt like that !

Her next logical thought was that an unknown man had entered the room and she did the next logical thing, she EXITED the room not even considering what the state of her dress was. From there she stood in the hallway directly at the room door waiting from my grandson to actually return. She said she wasn't totally dressed at that point but she was so frightened, she didn't care ! When he did return they searched the room, finding no one. There was no one in it and there were no other exit doors such as those to an adjoining room.

What puzzled her because by then her next suspicion was that their visitor might just not have been flesh and bone was that it was a rather new motel not a creepy old building you would expect to encounter other worldly type guests. So when she checked out she couldn't help asking the clerk if they had any others staying who might have reported apparitions. The lady said, no, but then a puzzled look came over her face and she added that it was funny that had happened because Zak and his crew had just checked out during the day before the storm and her stop there. They had been investigating a haunt in an old farm house just a little way from the motel.

Now she actually had two other kids also in college and was working full time. She had never watched Ghost Adventurers and wasn't at all familiar with the show the clerk was referencing. She thus went on to forget to tell me about it !! So now there is now way to go back and pin the location or the exact date. Yes, I could have literally shook her when she finally recounted her adventure. Because I would have loved to let Zak and his crew know that they had someone follow them to their rooms. Considering the new show "After Shocks" I'm sure they would have liked to know this......