Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My observation can be used against myself

ambelamba

From my life experience, I realized that people have flawed and imperfect perceptions. That's my observation. Unfortunately, this observation can be used against both believers and non-believers.

I have some vague interest in neurology and genetics. And I tend to see the human spirituality from those angles. I know that my argument can be used against myself but I gotta say this: I think much of human religiosity is a product of faulty human cognitive functions and so on. Neurologically, I think, we are far from rational and reasonable creatures.

I personally believe that a few simple behavioral principles can drive human intelligence greatly. Compensation mentality is one of those principles. And also insecurity. Insecurity explains a lot about our behaviors and thinking process.

Also, we are creatures of our environment. Our surroundings and upbringings can dictate how we think, perceive, and behave.

When neurology and genetics are mixed with evolution, the discussion can be either really stimulating or really ugly. The reason why I came to have a bleak perspective on mankind is not from religious doctrine, but from my scant understanding of....science. Having been burned by the empty promises of the Scripture, I am trying to run far away from Abrahamic faith as much as possible. But a part of in me is still tied to it.

it all comes down to the notion that humans are...essentially animals. Well, there's nothing wrong with it essentially. From a more positive perspective, we are not the end product and we are still evolving. I just hope we become more rational and reasonable creatures.

Some people mused that aliens are not visiting us because we are CRAZY. I didn't understand why they think like that but now I understand. We are insane creatures. Logic and reason are learned traits and many people are unable to obtain them. We are all built differently and the ugly truth is that some people are more fit for rational thinking while others are...not.

As for me, I have been at the both ends of the spectrum. And religious zeal drove me insane and destroyed my life. That's bad enough for me.

From my life experience, I realized that people have flawed and imperfect perceptions. That's my observation. Unfortunately, this observation can be used against both believers and non-believers.

I have some vague interest in neurology and genetics. And I tend to see the human spirituality from those angles. I know that my argument can be used against myself but I gotta say this: I think much of human religiosity is a product of faulty human cognitive functions and so on. Neurologically, I think, we are far from rational and reasonable creatures.

I personally believe that a few simple behavioral principles can drive human intelligence greatly. Compensation mentality is one of those principles. And also insecurity. Insecurity explains a lot about our behaviors and thinking process.

Also, we are creatures of our environment. Our surroundings and upbringings can dictate how we think, perceive, and behave.

When neurology and genetics are mixed with evolution, the discussion can be either really stimulating or really ugly. The reason why I came to have a bleak perspective on mankind is not from religious doctrine, but from my scant understanding of....science. Having been burned by the empty promises of the Scripture, I am trying to run far away from Abrahamic faith as much as possible. But a part of in me is still tied to it.

it all comes down to the notion that humans are...essentially animals. Well, there's nothing wrong with it essentially. From a more positive perspective, we are not the end product and we are still evolving. I just hope we become more rational and reasonable creatures.

Some people mused that aliens are not visiting us because we are CRAZY. I didn't understand why they think like that but now I understand. We are insane creatures. Logic and reason are learned traits and many people are unable to obtain them. We are all built differently and the ugly truth is that some people are more fit for rational thinking while others are...not.

As for me, I have been at the both ends of the spectrum. And religious zeal drove me insane and destroyed my life. That's bad enough for me.

You are still alive my friend and you are learning. Your life is not destroyed. I think you are on a path of healing that which has caused you so much pain. There are good things to come.

Thanks.

Some say money doesn't solve that many problems. One guy I knew really believed that. But from my own experience, money solves quite a few of problems. Some scholars asserted that most of personal issues are stemmed from financial issues. And I am going through it right now. I know that I am not the only one. But...well? I don't need to be super rich. I just wish that I was rich enough to live as a suburban hermit. I've known a few people who like like that.

• Like 1

Thanks.

Some say money doesn't solve that many problems. One guy I knew really believed that. But from my own experience, money solves quite a few of problems. Some scholars asserted that most of personal issues are stemmed from financial issues. And I am going through it right now. I know that I am not the only one. But...well? I don't need to be super rich. I just wish that I was rich enough to live as a suburban hermit. I've known a few people who like like that.

People with money have problems to they are just different ones. But yes haveing your finances in order gives some peice of mind so you can work on other things.

What is your biggest hurdle at the moment? Is it a job or are you in debt?

People with money have problems to they are just different ones. But yes haveing your finances in order gives some peice of mind so you can work on other things.

What is your biggest hurdle at the moment? Is it a job or are you in debt?

Both. So you get the picture.

Both. So you get the picture.

How old are if you don't mind me asking? And what are your assets that you own. Also what kind of skills do you have? Also and if you don't mind telling me, and I know you will be honest, how much does your Asperger's affect how you work with others at work or when you are employed? Or are you aware if it affects it at all?

Edited by White Crane Feather

I really don't wanna talk about it, beside I am 39. I have a useless BFA in Illustration. I am a decent sketch artist but that's it. Truth be told, I have no idea WHERE TO LOOK AT.

I really don't wanna talk about it, beside I am 39. I have a useless BFA in Illustration. I am a decent sketch artist but that's it. Truth be told, I have no idea WHERE TO LOOK AT.

I see I understand. Your BFA says something about you though. It is still valuable. Anyway. I can offer advice if you decide you could use some. Sometimes it just needs a third part to take a hard look. I own a business and have degrees in business and economics. I also end up working with a lot of my adult students on issues like this. I also have many Aspergers and spectrum students and one of my close child hood friends and students also is an Aspergers guy just a few years younger than you are. He is little further down the spectrum though. Take care and let me know if I can help at all. Pm me if you need a sounding board.

Edited by White Crane Feather