Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Genuine Hoverboard Sets World Record

She-ra

For years we've been trawling the internet for the first working hoverboard that delivers on all our 'Back To The Future' dreams.

Well that search is now over, we've found it, and it just set a Guinness World Record.

Remainder of article here: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/05/22/genuine-hoverboard-sets-a-guinness-world-record-for-furthest-distance-travelled_n_7419896.html?utm_hp_ref=weird-news&ir=Weird%20News

I love this. :lol:

• Like 3

How come they didn't have toys like this when I was young enough to be crazy enough to want to play with it?...

• Like 2

Its impressive how much power that thing puts out for its size...

• Like 1

Okay ... but where's the flying cars I was promised!?

• Like 2

How come they didn't have toys like this when I was young enough to be crazy enough to want to play with it?...

Hell I don't care, got to get me one of those will compliment my Skidoo and ATV.I may be 50 this year, but I don't feel a day over 21. :tsu:

• Like 1

I don't understand; where is the power coming from ?

Probably from a scaled down version of the Flux Capacitor, I hear they can generate quite a few gigawatts.

• Like 4

Hmm wonder If I could build a drone large enough to carry my weight....genius? Or just a good idea?

Oooh... I could use this to replace bulbs on the bloody huge chandelier at work! Well, we'd get complaints about the racket it makes, but it would flaming beat having to climb the ladder!

• Like 2

Oooh... I could use this to replace bulbs on the bloody huge chandelier at work! Well, we'd get complaints about the racket it makes, but it would flaming beat having to climb the ladder!

I have to agree, at work it would be a wonder, but while laying on the beach listening to the waves, not so much. :hmm:

this is just giving me an idea; i can simply use a few quadcopter drones mounted on a flat surface. tehnically i should be able to fly in a controlled fashion

It's powered by the self-esteem of the user. And aliens.

• 3 weeks later...

The reason he's doing it over water is so he doesn't get as hurt when it crashes. This tech probably has a long time to go before it is safe for everyday use. Very cool though