Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I'm scared

JayHey

Look, so I'll get straight to the point. (not to be rude, at least on purpose, but I'm just...in a mess right now)

I'm beginning to worry that I'm not human.

I know, I know, so cliche, but I'm not talking werewolves, vampires,or any of that Twilight nonsense. I'm being real.

I'm scaring myself more and more every day, and I'm beginning to wonder if I'm going insane, or if I'm not...exactly...nromal.

As I said, I want to get straight with it, so I'll present my evidence as to why I'm freaking out, from least worrying to most. (And dear God, now I sound like I'm writing a college paper...)

• I constantly crave sugar, and really sweet things. I have to get my sugar fix every single day, or I will go into literaly withdrawal. I need gum, soda, lollipops, whatever. Just sweet stuff, constantly. I actually feel it like an itch under my skin if I'm not getting enough sugar; right now there's no juice in the house and I can legitamately feel the sugar cravings intensifying moment by moment. But yet, despite my enormous sugar consumption, I've yet to get a cavity in my entire life.
  • I don't really sleep anymore. I mean yeah, I'll get two or three hours, and that's it. I don't really feel like I need sleep anymore, it's just a thing I occasionaly take part in. I only occasionally feel tired, and then, I can just catnap and I'm good again.
  • Animals and insects are drawn to me, especially when I concentrate on something. Not even joking, while I started writing this, a huge roach flew straight into my face (not fun) and moths started to land on my skin (also not fun). Animals, mostly dogs, cats, and large creatures, trust me readily, more so than others. It's kind of creepy sometimes, all I'll have to do is smile at a stray dog, and it'll follow me home.
  • Sometimes I feel like there's something...missing. You know those stories about people with phantom limbs? Yeah, like that. I always feel like there should be something on my back, and I can feel muscles flex and bend there in ways that normal peoples' do not, like when I walk, the muscles in my back contract and relax, but only in a specific spot, right between my shoulder blades.
  • The ocean calls to me, constantly. Whenever I'm near it, I can almost...sense what kind of "mood" it's in. I can't explain it. It's like I can sense when the waves are gonna be rough, and when they're gonna be calm and sweet. I always feel whole in the ocean's grasp, like I'm finally home.
  • I can sometimes see, hear, and sense what I think are ghosts.
  • I'm extremely good at making guesses at things- nine times out of ten, I'll be right. I often have prophetic dreams, I can feel people's emotions, like a sort of a sixth sense, and when I was a kid, I always knew when people were coming to our house, or when someone was going to die. I can still do that now- before my little cousin died, I woke up and knew she was near the end...also, I heal quickly. I got a serious cut last year, doctor said it would take a few months to heal, it healed in a few days, maybe two or three weeks tops. I didn't even feel any pain.
  • I can remember things I shouldn't. I'm from a small country in the Caribbean, yet I can remember the sweep of my hair over my shoulder as I descended the stairs in my new dress, the recruitment posters on the windows of the cafe me and my boyfriend frequented, the pain when I lost him to the draft. I can remember being burned alive at the stake, watching my family cry in the crowd. I can remember walking the streets of old London, trying to avoid someone shadowing me. It's not like my imagination or anything, they're legitimate memories.

Looking back at this post, I can see it is utter word vomit, but I'm desperate. Please. Am I crazy, or am I not human? I need to know.

You're human, don't worry.

I take it you're in junior high or high school?

• Like 2

See your doctor right away, for example it may be a sugar/ insulin imbalance in the body which can give you weird sensations, sleep patterns etc. Don't delay, as it is quite serious if you faint and hurt yourself or something like that.

PS If it is a medical thing, please don't publish anything of the kind on UM, due to liabilities.

Edited by Starhunter
  • Like 2

It's probably a plethora of things.

I wouldn't assume everything that holds a "special" significance is one of the same thing. That sure would be cool if u were an alien or a mermaid though. Let us know if dead people start to tell you about the future.

Edited by MeOnlyMe

Guess schools are out for the summer....

Of course you're human. There really isn't anything else to say.

• Like 1

Hi JayHey and Welcome to UM 353b7u1.jpg

Please don't be scared. You are fine. I would have the *sugar* issue and the *sleeping* issue checked out right away. I know there are some very good walk-in clinics in the Caribbean as I have a home there. Which Island are you on? If it's my Island I can recommend which ones I like best and hospitals.

Other than the sleeping and sugar issues you sound like an Empath; which basically is someone who just FEELS more than the typical person. I am an Empath. There is nothing non-human about that...nothing mystical or magic; just a different way of perceiving the world. Empath's are extremely emotional people who can read people; their intentions and emotions and just know things. Empath's just notice more, pick up on subtle clues and are very caring people. Here I will share an article with you so you can see if this fits how you are feeling:

http://themindunleashed.org/2013/10/30-traits-of-empath.html

So please don't be scared and Welcome here to UM. Do get the sugar and sleeping issues checked. Otherwise, you have nothing to worry about :)

• Like 4

You're definitely just morphin into some kind of weird hominid sea creature...like a Dolphin person

9012_blow_hole.jpg#dolphinplasty

• Like 1

If you have to ask whether or not you are human, the answer is always going to be yes.

Well you are certainly human....

" I can remember being burned alive at the stake, watching my family cry in the crowd. I can remember walking the streets of old London, trying to avoid someone shadowing me. It's not like my imagination or anything, they're legitimate memories."

Trust me, its is your imagination....if it were anything to do with memories, it would be what you remember being told or have read, and you have now imagined it is you. it certainly was not you being burned alive at the stake....i do not even have to have a doctors degree to know thats a fact.

• Like 1

Well you are certainly human....

" I can remember being burned alive at the stake, watching my family cry in the crowd. I can remember walking the streets of old London, trying to avoid someone shadowing me. It's not like my imagination or anything, they're legitimate memories."

Trust me, its is your imagination....if it were anything to do with memories, it would be what you remember being told or have read, and you have now imagined it is you. it certainly was not you being burned alive at the stake....i do not even have to have a doctors degree to know thats a fact.

I seemed to have glossed over that last sentence. Maybe it's a reincarnation memory? Weird.

• Like 2

I seemed to have glossed over that last sentence. Maybe it's a reincarnation memory? Weird.

qkgOe4PkOpzC6VNrpS3Z.gifdo not get me started on reincarnation!

• Like 2

JayHey?

Are you going to post again?

Edited by ZZ430
  • Like 2

[ damn ' opening and closing quotes are uneven warning and cant post it &%x#@ ! ... dont match

... BS

I checked it 4 times ! still cant post, so please excuse poor formatting: ]

Well, I hope JH posts again, its only been a day,

meanwhile;

Look, so I'll get straight to the point. (not to be rude, at least on purpose, but I'm just...in a mess right now)

I'm beginning to worry that I'm not human.

I know, I know, so cliche, but I'm not talking werewolves, vampires,or any of that Twilight nonsense. I'm being real.

I'm scaring myself more and more every day, and I'm beginning to wonder if I'm going insane, or if I'm not...exactly...nromal.

As I said, I want to get straight with it, so I'll present my evidence as to why I'm freaking out, from least worrying to most. (And dear God, now I sound like I'm writing a college paper...)

• I constantly crave sugar, and really sweet things. I have to get my sugar fix every single day, or I will go into literaly withdrawal. I need gum, soda, lollipops, whatever. Just sweet stuff, constantly. I actually feel it like an itch under my skin if I'm not getting enough sugar; right now there's no juice in the house and I can legitamately feel the sugar cravings intensifying moment by moment. But yet, despite my enormous sugar consumption, I've yet to get a cavity in my entire life.

Thats a bad sugar addiction ... I am glad I dont have that ( until I stop taking sugar hits and then I go searching for something sweet ... anything, even a cup of tea with sugar in it ... no sugar or anything left sweet ... no no, I am not addicted, but I d have to, all of a sudden , drive 28 km into town to get some urgent supplies ... and while I am there I may as well get a nice cake :D

But it cant be solved like that, with an addiction, the more you take, the less effect it has and the more you want to take ... a nasty spiral downwards cycle.

See a doctor on this one. if no diabetic indications, I would recommend a Traditional Chinese Medicine consultation to put your bodies 'need and desire' back in balance (it fixed my liver when western medicine couldnt ! ). Since this borders on a medical issue I won't say any more than 'get a doctors advice'.

• I don't really sleep anymore. I mean yeah, I'll get two or three hours, and that's it. I don't really feel like I need sleep anymore, it's just a thing I occasionaly take part in. I only occasionally feel tired, and then, I can just catnap and I'm good again.

I go through phases like that. That isnt that unusual . At different stages in life it changes as well. During these phases, 'power naps' can work great. Its a great time to get involved in a project you have passion for, especially a creative one.

• Animals and insects are drawn to me, especially when I concentrate on something. Not even joking, while I started writing this, a huge roach flew straight into my face (not fun) and moths started to land on my skin (also not fun). Animals, mostly dogs, cats, and large creatures, trust me readily, more so than others. It's kind of creepy sometimes, all I'll have to do is smile at a stray dog, and it'll follow me home. [/quote]

Happens to me all the time. I live out in the country and a few of the 'wild' animals have become like pets, they run or fly off when others approach. I once had a GF who attracted dogs ... we went to the zoo once and the African wild dogs

wild-dog.jpg

went nuts about her, all came down to the fence in one group and stood there staring at her, then followed us all the way along the fence, and when we passed they all stood at the corner and started howling. She went back and they stopped, left and they started again .

... and many other strange 'dog events' .

shrug2.gif

• Sometimes I feel like there's something...missing. You know those stories about people with phantom limbs? Yeah, like that. I always feel like there should be something on my back, and I can feel muscles flex and bend there in ways that normal peoples' do not, like when I walk, the muscles in my back contract and relax, but only in a specific spot, right between my shoulder blades.

Again, not that unusual, people experience all sorts of sensations ... I am surprised someone like you does not have the feeling if swelling to an immense size and then shrinking ?

There is a lot more to this, and other things here, but I will wait to see if you return.

• The ocean calls to me, constantly. Whenever I'm near it, I can almost...sense what kind of "mood" it's in. I can't explain it. It's like I can sense when the waves are gonna be rough, and when they're gonna be calm and sweet. I always feel whole in the ocean's grasp, like I'm finally home.

Yep, I have that. But it isnt a problem ... it feels rather wonderful does it not ? You might even great at high tide and 'low' at low tide.

I could live under the sea ... at least partially. A good deal of my nature, when one looks into my astrology is water' I have Sun in Cancer (the crab :) ) and a strong Neptunian theme in my chart. My father was an Aussie Surf Life saver and I spent nearly every weekend and holiday at the beach or fishing. My babysitter was a face mask and snorkel and rock pools 'interesting 'coincidence' eh ? )

You could have the potential for a great career on the sea, or related sciences (or even drop out and be a 'beachcomber' :) )

• I can sometimes see, hear, and sense what I think are ghosts.

Well, that makes you absolutely normal considering the vast majority of humans that have existed throughout time and location ... that is only considered abnormal and outside the narrow lines of modern western materialist society.

• I'm extremely good at making guesses at things- nine times out of ten, I'll be right. I often have prophetic dreams, I can feel people's emotions, like a sort of a sixth sense, and when I was a kid, I always knew when people were coming to our house, or when someone was going to die. I can still do that now- before my little cousin died, I woke up and knew she was near the end...also, I heal quickly. I got a serious cut last year, doctor said it would take a few months to heal, it healed in a few days, maybe two or three weeks tops. I didn't even feel any pain.

Yep, I get stuff like that too. My mother, who strongly asserts non of this can happen, has had her own episodes too. It is rather amusing to hear her justification about it :) ( .... she explains it as 'prayers being answered' ).

I chopped the top of my thumb off with an axe. I stuck it back on and went to the hospital, they said forget it . I didnt, I still have it. Once when working in a rush I needed a sterilised instrument that was sitting at the bottom of a deep boiler. My assistant needed it quickly and passed it to him. He grabbed it and juggled it a bit to cool it then used it, Then he turned and looked at me, looked at the bench where the tongs were and asked how I got it out from the bottom of the rapidly boiling tub, the tongs were dry and my arm was wet to the elbow. I sort remember just reaching in and grabbing it. I dont know why, I must have done it a hundred times with the tongs before. I tried it later, no way. burnt my fingers before I even got my whole hand in !

• I can remember things I shouldn't. I'm from a small country in the Caribbean, yet I can remember the sweep of my hair over my shoulder as I descended the stairs in my new dress, the recruitment posters on the windows of the cafe me and my boyfriend frequented, the pain when I lost him to the draft. I can remember being burned alive at the stake, watching my family cry in the crowd. I can remember walking the streets of old London, trying to avoid someone shadowing me. It's not like my imagination or anything, they're legitimate memories.

... and .... <shrug>

many people feel this too and large % of the population believes in such things ... this should not cause you fear. Not at all. If anything it should dispel fear, if you consider it legitimate then you have your own 'proof' that you will survive death .... that should not be a source of fear.

For some of us. life can contain varied and unusual adventures and mysteries , I am one of those, often I keep them to myself as some friends think its a bit weird, Some people have very middle of the road mundane lives and are stuck between narrow lines of perception and experience .

let go ... let go of fear ... maybe break out a bit if you are conditioned by a surrounding culture or family or ... that sees these things as so weird and different , they are not, it is just a narrow view of life's overall experience that makes it appear so.

get out there and enjoy, you will probably have an interesting and amazing life if you do.

You might need do do something or take up some practice to build self-confidence and 'consolidate your centre' though.

Looking back at this post, I can see it is utter word vomit, but I'm desperate. Please. Am I crazy, or am I not human? I need to know.

You are not crazy and neither are you not human. It is just that you are not a half dead, everyday, mundane, boring human.

Do you want to be one of those ?

Edited by back to earth

Sounds like severe symptoms of hypoglycemia. I staffed a hotline for a few years, and got regular calls from a couple of people who hallucinated, among other symptoms, when they ingested too much sugar. They were lucky that they recognized the cause. It's not a disease, it's a condition that can be managed. Here's a link to webpage about hypoglycemia that you might find helpful. FYI, my mom was diagnosed as a paranoic schizophrenic, but I noticed when she reduced her sugar intake, her mental health improved. At her worst, she was binging on sugar like you wouldn't believe. It's always wise to do a thorough assessment of one's health first.

http://www.alternativementalhealth.com/conquering-anxiety-depression-and-fatigue-without-drugs-the-role-of-hypoglycemia/

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/where-science-meets-the-steps/201309/4-ways-sugar-could-be-harming-your-mental-health

• Like 1

Just ignore the people up top poking fun at you. I completely agree with Beany it does sound like symptoms of hypoglycemia and you should definitely look in to being checked out by a MD just incase.

• Like 1

Nobody is really poking fun, its just a pretty ridiculous question; even for a forum that talks about UFO's and sasquatch.

If you walk like a fish and talk like a fish, odds are you are a fish, even if you have a sugar addiction.

Edited by MeOnlyMe

Hmm..telling someone they are human is poking fun at them? strange!

• Like 1

I think they are referring to comments like post 7

• Like 1

I'm confused. After talking to you for a while I can tell your a very nice and caring person that wouldn't try and hurt some ones feelings on purpose. Why would you think I was talking about you?

• Like 1

I think they are referring to comments like post 7

Who said I wasnt being serious?

Doctor Nicole Avena with the University of Florida tells us: “Sugar, as common as it is, nonetheless meets the criteria for a substance of abuse and may be ‘addictive’ for some individuals when consumed in a ‘binge-like’ manner.” She goes on: “This conclusion is reinforced by the changes in limbic system neurochemistry that are similar for the drugs and for sugar.”

I'm confused. After talking to you for a while I can tell your a very nice and caring person that wouldn't try and hurt some ones feelings on purpose. Why would you think I was talking about you?

I thought you meant in general....I apologize if you meant 1 or 2 particular persons. I took "up top" as a reference to "you are human" as this is what most of us said.

It could come across as a flippant comment, but from my point it was more of a " do not be silly, of course you are human" . I can understand someone who is experiencing some dream traumas or a few mental problems, but when they ask if they are human.....I have to question if they are for real. We have had all sorts on here, some just post once and not again....again, it has to be questioned how serious they are...are they really looking for help or trying to pull our strings,

Personally if i were the op, I would have at least come back to thank you for your back up and support if I had been serious.